Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 01:28 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
But I am not sure if we see parents teaching little girls how to treat a man specifically.
My mother sat my sister and I down at 8 and made us read a book written in 1911 on how women were expected to treat men. I thought men got off lightly with the door holding, my head was spinning after reading it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Is there a pressure for women to do something for men that is not require for men to do for women?
Yes there is. It's called having your children and it requires a woman to carry a child in her womb for 9 months, brush death giving birth and constant nourishment from our bodies.

Until you can do that just open the d*mn door and quit b*tching about it!! Good grief!

Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,717,817 times
Oh yeah, there was this one time where I held the door open and saw some overweight ladies approaching in the background. I held the door open and was like "Hurry up, for Pete's sake" I didn't say that, but it was inside my mind. Coz otherwise, I'd have been mauled to death.

And I can bet they were annoyed, big time, coz I curtailed their slow, easy lunch walking.

If the OP's getting so annoyed, question is, is the OP overweight?

<since he's lit the fuse, he's scampering off to see the bomb explode> LMAO

Old 06-21-2010, 02:20 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
I'd say thanks. Just as I would if a woman or child or old man or transexual held a door for me.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Yes there is. It's called having your children and it requires a woman to carry a child in her womb for 9 months, brush death giving birth and constant nourishment from our bodies
We are taught to treat women with honor and respect WITH OR WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN. Quite different, eh? Having a child in your womb for 9 months and getting the whole package in relationships sounds like something I rather do.

See, you are probably not going to have the baby of the guy who is taking you out at the moment. Still, you get to enjoy the whole package of relationships with require you just to show up.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
My mother sat my sister and I down at 8 and made us read a book written in 1911 on how women were expected to treat men. I thought men got off lightly with the door holding, my head was spinning after reading it.
I am curious, what did the book talk about?

Old 06-21-2010, 02:28 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
OHMYGOSH, WHY is this inane thread still running??

Old 06-21-2010, 02:30 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times
Quote:
I am curious, what did the book talk about?
How women were to defer to men, to seek their guidance, learn how to manage the household and do what's necessary to respect a man as the head of household. It seemed endless to me at that age.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:33 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
Yes there is. It's called having your children and it requires a woman to carry a child in her womb for 9 months, brush death giving birth and constant nourishment from our bodies.

Until you can do that just open the d*mn door and quit b*tching about it!! Good grief!
Not for me--I don't ever want kids.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:34 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
We are taught to treat women with honor and respect WITH OR WITHOUT OUR CHILDREN. Quite different, eh? Having a child in your womb for 9 months and getting the whole package in relationships sounds like something I rather do.

See, you are probably not going to have the baby of the guy who is taking you out at the moment. Still, you get to enjoy the whole package of relationships with require you just to show up.
No different than women are taught to take care of our men and children. Why does EVERYTHING between a man and a woman have to be equated to "just because I can do it, you should do it to"? Throughout time, someone has taken the first step......to open doors, to ask another out, etc. What I don't get is why does it seem to bother some men so much?

Just because I CAN change the oil in my car, doesn't mean I want to do it. I would prefer my husband or a mechanic take care of it. Is that sexist?? If so, guilty as charged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships