Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 09:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Your butt hurts? What the heck were you doing? lol
Don't you know how painful it can be when you laugh your butt off??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2010, 10:03 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Your butt hurts? What the heck were you doing? lol
I sat on a screwdriver!LOL.... No, not today at least!

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,827,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
**Yawn** this forum is like the kiddie pool.... Go into a herpes/STD forum; now those kind of forums will make your head spin.
I had no idea there was one. Though I have absolutely no need to visit that forumn. But I'm glad it exists for people like you who have a need.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:19 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,542,767 times
Word.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:01 PM

213 posts, read 416,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
**Yawn** this forum is like the kiddie pool.... Go into a herpes/STD forum; now those kind of forums will make your head spin.
Oooooh, where can I find that forum?

Old 06-17-2010, 11:06 PM

213 posts, read 416,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Darn, I thought the rant was over but...

Why is everyone so darn concerned with other's likes and dislikes?!

What does it matter? They are obviously NOT for you.

Do some of you actually think you should be able to dictate other peoples likes, dislikes, preferences or requirements?
People like to know that their thoughts and beliefs are shared by others, reinforced, and validated. They want validation that they are normal.

Threads such as Am I Good Looking - or should I wear this and that - is a way for the poster to get opinions from a wide variety of people.

Your mother would never tell you that you look like a creature from black lagoon, but luckily there is no shortage Simon Cowell types who tell you like it is. It's a way of getting a reality check on your beliefs.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:53 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
Yes, we are (ALL) the sum of the choices we've made.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:42 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,751 times
Some people are just spoiled and were never told that the "life's not fair" rule applies to THEM too.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:18 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,848 times
I agree with your thread. I had thought of posting something kind of like this, but I didn't think anyone would pay attention. Yes, everyone should live and let live. Also, there is someone for everyone, if everybody would just believe in themselves.

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Darn, I thought the rant was over but...

Why is everyone so darn concerned with other's likes and dislikes?!

If someone wants to date someone with money, big boobs, tall, piercings, the same gender, likes to cook, subservient, dominant.....

What does it matter? They are obviously NOT for you.

Do some of you actually think you should be able to dictate other peoples likes, dislikes, preferences or requirements?

If your requirements of a relationship makes the dating pool darn small - it doesn't mean others should change so you are in the running.

And BTW, for those who think no one likes you because of (really pick anything), boob size, earnings, what car you drive, height...

Yeah, no. From what I've seen here it's probably your attitude, which oozes forth no matter how much you think you hide it.

Yes, some things do in fact make it more difficult to date. Over weight MAY limit your options. Really ugly, too. Those are hard things to deal with, but if your only empasizing on one thing others will too.

Trust me, I'm no polly-anna. Life is hard, relationships are hard. But it seems like a lot are doing their best to make it as hard as possible.
well said.

I think if society practiced self-acceptance more, there would be a lot less sadness in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships