Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,184,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I'm making a booklist...heading over to the library to find a few books to kill some time with next week. Suggestions anyone?
The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker. It's a real eye opener I really got into.

If you want to LYAO to the point of tears with every page get "Hello Vodka It's Me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. I was crying I was laughing so hard with the turn of every page. Her other books - not so much, but that one was good. Given what I know of you I think you will absolutely appreciate her humor in this book.

Last edited by Thursday007; 07-17-2010 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-17-2010, 10:33 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

If you want to LYAO to the point of tears with every page get "Hello Vodka It's Me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. I was crying I was laughing so hard. Her other books - not so much, but that one was good.
I have been wanting to read that for a long time! I'll have to check it out. The book that puts me in tears from laughter is "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris.

I've read a few books lately that only fellow dog lovers would like...The Art of Racing in the Rain, One Good Dog, and Merle's Door. Tissues are necessary with Merle's Door.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:43 AM

If you want really silly there's a book called, "Letters From A Nut." It's a book with nothing but these letters this guy wrote to these companies, restaurants, hotels, departmet stores you name it, requesting or suggesting the oddest stuff you could imagine. If his letters weren't funny enough - the places that actually wrote back to him just took it over the top. It's another book I wouldn't suggest reading in public because people will think you odd sitting there laughing by yourself.

"Make 'Em Pay." by Hayduke will also have you rolling in the aisle. They are real stories of things people did to take revenge on other people (no there's no killing or physical violence involved). But it's another laughing tearjerker.

I also like all the books Robert Fulgham wrote starting with "Everything I Know I Learned in Kindergarten." My favorite one was "It Was On Fire When i Lay Down On it." He has quite the humorous take on everyday things in life. I really enjoy his writing style.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:46 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post

If you want to LYAO to the point of tears with every page get "Hello Vodka It's Me Chelsea" by Chelsea Handler. I was crying I was laughing so hard with the turn of every page. Her other books - not so much, but that one was good. Given what I know of you I think you will absolutely appreciate her humor in this book.
Oh thanks...I just looked that one up and it looks perfect! Humor will be much appreciated!

Old 07-17-2010, 01:34 PM

52,245 posts, read 52,668,250 times
We're supposed to go to the beach today. We got a discount coupon from Ralph's we need to use today or we lose out on 28 bucks

So were gonna go to Ralph's first.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:15 PM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times
If anyone saw my post about the dog left in the car, the people just now showed up (3 hours later). They're just sitting in the car, looking at the notice that was left there. I'm sure Animal Control is closed right now, so the poor dog will probably have to stay there till Monday.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:18 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,893,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
If anyone saw my post about the dog left in the car, the people just now showed up (3 hours later). They're just sitting in the car, looking at the notice that was left there. I'm sure Animal Control is closed right now, so the poor dog will probably have to stay there till Monday.
Three hours later. What were they thinking?

You guys did your excellent deed for the WEEK.

Old 07-17-2010, 06:23 PM

19,426 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Three hours later. What were they thinking?

You guys did your excellent deed for the WEEK.
Haha, thanks. Looks like they're walking back to the party we think they went to. Like I said, they probably can't do anything about it now. They might have been checking on the dog, I don't know. Like you said, three hours later??? *sigh*

Old 07-17-2010, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Haha, thanks. Looks like they're walking back to the party we think they went to. Like I said, they probably can't do anything about it now. They might have been checking on the dog, I don't know. Like you said, three hours later??? *sigh*
Here I looked it up. That dog would have been dead by now - the jacknuts.

"People think they’re going to just run inside a store for five minutes and the animal’s going to be fine," Raymond said. "But the temperature in a car on an 80-degree day could easily escalate to 120 degrees in less than 20 minutes. At that temperature, animals can suffer brain damage and die from being locked in an enclosed vehicle."

Old 07-17-2010, 06:40 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Poor dog. You did the right thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships