Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,450,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Not all single Moms fit your description. There are plenty who have lost their husbands to death or other legitimate reasons Trying to make all single Mothers fit a narrow profile is wrong.

bashing the Fathers is wrong as well if that is what others are doing. Although I have zero respect for a deadbeat/uninterested Father.
I do not include widowed moms or divorced moms (unless they are bashing their ex husbands) in the "single moms" category.

I am talking about the women who have kid after kid with the same man (or different men) of their choosing then proceed to call him every bad name in the book as if the single moms themselves are not ultimately the reason that the kids have deadbeat dads....they are the ones who picked losers to be the father of their children in the first place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 02:15 PM

3,588 posts, read 5,706,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Why is it ok for these single moms to bash their baby daddies? They picked the losers to be the fathers of their children in the first place.

Why are these single moms deserving of "praise" and "attaboy" when they are simply dealing with the consequences of immature decisions?

Its called growing the hell up.
We live in a very strange society where fathers who choose to be crappy, selfish and cruel "don't deserve to be bashed" but the mothers who are left hanging out to dry with the kids have to grow the "hell" up and all other such bashing BS. What do the deadbeat fathers have to do? "Obey the law" doesn't seem to be on the list of what they have to do.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
We live in a very strange society where fathers who choose to be crappy, selfish and cruel "don't deserve to be bashed" but the mothers who are left hanging out to dry with the kids have to grow the "hell" up and all other such bashing BS. What do the deadbeat fathers have to do? "Obey the law" doesn't seem to be on the list of what they have to do.
Maybe those women should make better life choices. Its called personal responsibility.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:26 PM

51,904 posts, read 52,298,983 times
Quote:
Maybe those women should make better life choices. Its called personal responsibility.
Personal responsibility???

LOL

A concept that has not been embraced by many these days.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,066,566 times
Quote:
Really....I guess some aren't as fortunate as you to have found Mr./Ms. Right on the very first try! Please...tell us your secret, and how you've kept them perfect.....

Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,095,427 times
When the father is nowhere to be found, the mother has no choice but to play the mother/father role. At the same time, a mother can do so much but one thing a mom cannot do is teach a boy how to be a man. That's a father's job.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:37 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,960,351 times
Let me clarify that the OP isn't talking about divorced or widowed moms. The comments were from babymamas.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:41 PM

2,203 posts, read 5,066,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Let me clarify that the OP isn't talking about divorced or widowed moms. The comments were from babymamas.
And really...wth even uses those terms anymore...baby daddy/baby momma. Sounds very stupid to me.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Really....I guess some aren't as fortunate as you to have found Mr./Ms. Right on the very first try! Please...tell us your secret, and how you've kept them perfect.....
I have not yet found Mr. Right therefore I have not had children with any of my previous boyfriends. If an ex-boyfriend is a loser why would I want to have a lifelong tie to him? That's why he's an ex.

Its not about perfection. Its about being personally responsible and accountable.

Here's a little something that single moms may not realize but......we now have a little something called birth control. Maybe they should try using some.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,960,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
And really...wth even uses those terms anymore...baby daddy/baby momma. Sounds very stupid to me.
Those terms will always be used when it applies. Which are men and women who have a child/ren out of wedlock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships