Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:43 AM

483 posts, read 554,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
You also don't have to have these "surprise" babies. I'm pro-choice so to me abortion really makes sense in a lot of these situations. A woman who is neither financially nor emotionally ready to care for a child, and where the man is not going to be involved, should really consider having an abortion. Have your children when you're ready to give them your all -- preferably with father & mother equally involved.
I'm pro choice too. You can choose to close your legs or open them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,459,066 times
Fathers Day is a day for FATHERS. Not sperm donors.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Hello? I was with my ex for several years before we married, and didn't have kids until after marriage.....so now what? Yes...my ex is 100% to blame...which is why his own grown children refuse to speak to him....and they actually texted me a "Happy Father's Day" a while ago.
So you stayed with a loser for several years. Doesn't say too much about you... Possibly you alienated them against him? naw... gotta be >

Those darned evil men.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:48 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,344,725 times
Quote:
You also don't have to have these "surprise" babies. I'm pro-choice so to me abortion really makes sense in a lot of these situations. A woman who is neither financially nor emotionally ready to care for a child, and where the man is not going to be involved, should really consider having an abortion. Have your children when you're ready to give them your all -- preferably with father & mother equally involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
I'm pro choice too. You can choose to close your legs or open them.
And I'm guessing that means women AND men??? He can choose to keep his zipper zipped too!

Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,969,144 times
Here is a comment from a guy today:

Now that Fathers Day is over, can we have some real talk about how women get over on us men. On Mothers Day, the theme is giving mom a day of rest, a spa day or weekend away from kids. On Fathers day, its about the kids spending time with Dad. And mom still gets a day or weekend of rest away from the kids. So basically... every day is mother's day. Im just saying. Thoughts?

What do you think of his comment?

Old 06-21-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
And I'm guessing that means women AND men??? He can choose to keep his zipper zipped too!
Takes 2 boo.. There is no unzip without the snapper being unsnapped.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:41 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,443,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
I was just on FB and read a few status updates from single moms telling each other happy fathers day. How they're both mother and father so they deserve to be celebrated on this day also. Then there were other updates talking about deadbeat dads and the hate they have for their fathers. I was like wow at all the 'father' bashing.

Do you think single mothers deserve recognition on fathers day?
Nope. Father's day is not for angry and bitter single moms. Mothers already have their day.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,637,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
Here is a comment from a guy today:

Now that Fathers Day is over, can we have some real talk about how women get over on us men. On Mothers Day, the theme is giving mom a day of rest, a spa day or weekend away from kids. On Fathers day, its about the kids spending time with Dad. And mom still gets a day or weekend of rest away from the kids. So basically... every day is mother's day. Im just saying. Thoughts?

What do you think of his comment?
Public announcements of bitterness and resentment toward the person you should love most in the world? Not much. Sounds like a divorce waiting to happen.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:50 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,498,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Calipoppy: While I have little sympathy for women who keep having children with irresponsible men, I find appalling your suggestion that a man bears no moral responsibility towards his children unless he was married to the mother when they were conceived. Men who are absent from their children's lives certainly don't deserve to be celebrated as fathers -- or have the mothers tell their children what swell guys their absent fathers are.
For the record, I do not feel this way about the absentee fathers.

Men who "donate" all around town and create multiple illegitimate children without taking financial, emotional and physical care of those children are scum.

However, women need to be smarter, take responsibility for their own bodies and make better decisions than to have a child with men like this considering that we (women) are the ones who ultimately end up having to take care of the child whether the father is in the picture or not.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM

19,451 posts, read 9,480,444 times
Thinking of Father's Day makes me sad. I miss my Father
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships