Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 09:21 PM

174 posts, read 326,540 times

Advertisements

I met a very romantic man online last Sept....I mean he's attentive, speaks French, loves everything about me, intelligent, etc. When I finally met him, he was physically not attractive to me. I spent a 10 yr. marraige being with someone that didn't turn me on so I know for sure that I'm not going invest in someone with whom I have no attraction for again. Anyway, I let him know immediately after meeting that I was sure I couldn't have a romantic relationship with him but only a friendship. I'm very up front because I don't believe in encouraging any misunderstandings. Well since then, I've dated others and he continued to be my friend and continued to declare how much he loved me and wanted me. Several times I have reminded him how I felt and he believes he will change my mind with time. Well now after 10 months, he still says he cares for me and can't forget me. He's a genuinely good guy. I'm not dating anyone but not sure how I feel. I love his attention. He's coming by tomorrow after not seeing each other for 5 months. I think he wants more. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 09:23 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
If you do not love him, do not lead him on. It's that simple.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:24 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelfood View Post
I met a very romantic man online last Sept....I mean he's attentive, speaks French, loves everything about me, intelligent, etc. When I finally met him, he was physically not attractive to me. I spent a 10 yr. marraige being with someone that didn't turn me on so I know for sure that I'm not going invest in someone with whom I have no attraction for again. Anyway, I let him know immediately after meeting that I was sure I couldn't have a romantic relationship with him but only a friendship. I'm very up front because I don't believe in encouraging any misunderstandings. Well since then, I've dated others and he continued to be my friend and continued to declare how much he loved me and wanted me. Several times I have reminded him how I felt and he believes he will change my mind with time. Well now after 10 months, he still says he cares for me and can't forget me. He's a genuinely good guy. I'm not dating anyone but not sure how I feel. I love his attention. He's coming by tomorrow after not seeing each other for 5 months. I think he wants more. What should I do?
Tell him up front he ain't getting any....

Old 06-26-2010, 09:26 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
if you're not sure, then you aren't.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,679,222 times
This is not a good thing for either of you. Cancel your plans to see him.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:27 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,539,444 times
Pull back if you don't feel that attraction towards him. He needs to accept that you are not going to be with him and he can't do that if he is still hanging on to hope. He needs to get past this in order for you to have a healthy friendship. Don't let him continue to push the issue. That would annoy me.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:37 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
You should tell him you're just not that into him. And if you've already told him that, tell him again with some conviction. A good guy doesn't deserved being lead on.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:42 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
Quote:
I met a very romantic man online last Sept....I mean he's attentive, speaks French, loves everything about me, intelligent, etc. When I finally met him, he was physically not attractive to me. He's coming by tomorrow after not seeing each other for 5 months. I think he wants more. What should I do?
If I meet someone, I wouldn`t care how romantic and attentive they are!
I mean, if they flat out told me that they were not "physical attractive" to me, then he would be history!
Not come back 5 months later, hoping that I have changed my appearance just for them! Yikes!!!
And then for you to say, that you think he wants more, after this comment? I don`t believe that I would have the time for this one, and move on to someone who IS interested in YOU, not just for that.(Apparently for last minite sitautions to boot.)

Old 06-26-2010, 09:43 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
I know the feeling of wanting to want someone who is right for you, but not being able to, and of course you love the attention of a gentleman like him.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong because you were upfront with him from the beginning. You told him how you feel, and him pursuing you still is entirely his choice. Therefore, continue being honest with him and see what happens. Go with the flow.

One more thing: have you kissed him yet? I mean like a real french kiss?
Sometimes, all it takes is one passionate kiss to get those feelings awoken in you.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:45 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,377,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
If I meet someone, I wouldn`t care how romantic and attentive they are!
I mean, if they flat out told me that they were not "physical attractive" to me, then he would be history!
Not come back 5 months later, hoping that I have changed my appearance just for them! Yikes!!!
And then for you to say, that you think he wants more, after this comment? I don`t believe that I would have the time for this one, and move on to someone who IS interested in YOU, not just for that.(Apparently for last minite sitautions to boot.)
I think she phrased it wrong. SHE wasn't attracted to HIM. Not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships