Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2010, 01:04 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times

Advertisements

There is no shortage of good, masculine men who have stellar character and morals. No need for women to look in jails or put up with player types to find a good man.

Betamanlet - I apologize, I meant no offense when I stated that you were feminine. Given your screen name, I had assumed that you agreed with my perception and were even proud of it. Again, I apologize if I insulted you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 01:09 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
There is no shortage of good, masculine men who have stellar character and morals. No need for women to look in jails or put up with player types to find a good man.
The player type, however, is the sort who aggressively hunts for females. THAT is why women often end up with them. They don't want to take the initiative and want to have the guy do the work, they come across a suave, confident man who's telling four other girls the same thing he's telling them.

Then you grow up. Find out how THIS particular guy is--and you get cynical and apply it to ALL men. Because, after all, the kind of guy you're used to is the kind of guy that approaches YOU. So all guys must fit that bill--even though if you approached more guys, your likelihood of finding a "nice guy" is higher.

But, you know, they're kind of boring.

Last edited by TKramar; 06-21-2010 at 01:09 PM.. Reason: pronoun clarity.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:14 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
I think you suffer from attention seeking. If you were not the sort to garner others attention you would not be seeking advice on this "Great guy".
Message boards are for seeking advice, with that advice comes attention. Yes, I have questions and I want them paid attention to. I guess this is attention seeking.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,974 times
Quote:
I just don't think I could ever be attracted to man whose balls were smaller than mine. I prefer men who are in touch with their masculine side.
Thats good, I would never be attracted to a Woman who's femininity is so lacking she thinks of men as being a set of "balls". What a perfectly nasty way to refer to some guy that you disapprove of because he does not meet your standards. But perhaps thats is why you refer to your balls. You are not a women you are a guy. Real women do not attack a mans masculinity over whether they ask her out or not. Sounds like a spiteful child being "me me me".

Old 06-21-2010, 01:23 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:
Thats good, I would never be attracted to a Woman who's femininity is so lacking she thinks of men as being a set of "balls". What a perfectly nasty way to refer to some guy that you disapprove of because he does not meet your standards. But perhaps thats is why you refer to your balls. You are not a women you are a guy. Real women do not attack a mans masculinity over whether they ask her out or not. Sounds like a spiteful child being "me me me".
She's the norm though. Most women expect men to do all of the work. She's allowed to have all these standards for what she considers to be a "man", but heaven forbid, you saying anything like "women should be like..." you are a sexist pig.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:38 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Oh dear, I think I've hit a nerve.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Message boards are for seeking advice, with that advice comes attention. Yes, I have questions and I want them paid attention to. I guess this is attention seeking.
A sin I have been indulging myself recently with the hot weather forcing me indoors *alas*. Though I selective pick the attention I seek. Hey, you sound like a nice kid so do not take my attention too badly.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,239,885 times
Quote:

So it's completley okay for you to say "men should do the asking out, men should do this, men should do that" but if some guy says "women should make dinner for men" then suddenly it would be sexist?

Not like I'm saying that's what I'd even want, it's just an example, of the many double standards there are.

Old 06-21-2010, 01:42 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,647 times
Quote:
A sin I have been indulging myself recently with the hot weather forcing me indoors *alas*. Though I selective pick the attention I seek. Hey, you sound like a nice kid so do not take my attention too badly.
Message boards are for attention hogs. Who types so no one can listen?

Old 06-21-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Stupid statements generally do. And what could be more stupid than insulting someones masculinity? People have been hurt bad for doing that to the wrong individual. It is not something that anyone should indulge in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships