Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2010, 05:05 PM

221 posts, read 336,676 times

Advertisements

It's good to catch this this thread while it's active. All of my posts so far has been on this subject, and I hope to get in on some other topics soon, but let me say this.

I am very ambitious, i've had to work hard for everything i've gotten in my life. This being the case, I appreciate real value and don't take the complexities of life for granted. Therefore, when something is artificially difficult, I prefer to not pursue it. Time and energy can be better spent on issues that deserve your energy.

When a female who likes me decides not to approach because of some archaic rules of chivalry, she makes things harder than it has to be. When she makes me "work" she also artificially upsets this natural balance. It's the hallmark of an immature person who quite honestly, to me, has never faced real struggle.
Who is she to test me? Why would I waste my time on a stranger, because she has a vagina? come on. I think a lot of people are confused on this issue. The men who would jump through hoops for a stanger, and accept taking a subservient role to thier significant others are the real chumps with no "balls". What a backwards world we live in.

A woman who has faced the harsh realities of life would not take love for granted or seek to throw away good potential relationships over their egos. Women must understand, this is not a male-female thing, this is strictly a cultural phenomena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 05:20 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
It's good to catch this this thread while it's active. All of my posts so far has been on this subject, and I hope to get in on some other topics soon, but let me say this.

I am very ambitious, i've had to work hard for everything i've gotten in my life. This being the case, I appreciate real value and don't take the complexities of life for granted. Therefore, when something is artificially difficult, I prefer to not pursue it. Time and energy can be better spent on issues that deserve your energy.

When a female who likes me decides not to approach because of some archaic rules of chivalry, she makes things harder than it has to be. When she makes me "work" she also artificially upsets this natural balance. It's the hallmark of an immature person who quite honestly, to me, has never faced real struggle.
Who is she to test me? Why would I waste my time on a stranger, because she has a vagina? come on. I think a lot of people are confused on this issue. The men who would jump through hoops for a stanger, and accept taking a subservient role to thier significant others are the real chumps with no "balls". What a backwards world we live in.

A woman who has faced the harsh realities of life would not take love for granted or seek to throw away good potential relationships over their egos. Women must understand, this is not a male-female thing, this is strictly a cultural phenomena.
What he said!^^^^ At least I get my revenge "it is going to get real cold or hot someday"!LMAO...........

Old 06-22-2010, 05:38 PM

202 posts, read 484,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
True but a man isn't less masculine or ballsy just because he prefers the woman to make the first move, which you seem to imply.

Me though... If I see a woman I like I will approach her, I actually prefer making the first move but after that the woman should start calling/texting/asking me out as much as I would... But hey since I would like it if the woman actually initiated contact from time to time to I guess that means I'm less masculine aswell? after all women should NEVER call a guy or text a guy or ask to meet up no matter how long theyve been seeing .

Look at the bolded part. THAT is the reality that I myself have seen. That if a man is really into you, or is very interested in getting to know you, he will let you know.

I have no problem approaching men first. However, each time i have done that, the guy was never interested. Which is his perogative, as same as if the sexes were reversed. But, the reason I would rather just drop hints, and try to make it easier for a guy to approach me that i'm interested in, is because I really feel that more men prefer it that way.

Sure, on this board, I see men who say they like being approached. But my own personal experience, plus talking with male friends and co-workers, it still seems to me that more men PREFER to make the first move, as opposed to the women that hit all over them. It seems that while the men may like the attention, they are more interested in a woman who does not make it that easy. Now, im talking about the INITIAL first move, not after people have met, talked, went on a date, etc. After that, OF COURSE the women should be willing to call/text/set up dates just like the man.

Again, im not lazy..I would have no problem making a first move. It just seems to me that even though some men may like the women that go after them, it seems that the women that the guys have to put at least a small effort into getting are preferred. It still seems like more men prefer for the woman to be receptive, of course , but just not make it so easy that he doesn't have to do anything but show up at a bar with pants on.

Honestly, i dont feel like a guy should always have to approach. But, it just seems like more men prefer the woman who is approachable, yet is not hitting all over the guys first.

Again..this is just what i see.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:41 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Be careful, TJenkins602. After making a similar comment I was warned that some men are prone to violence if you mention the size of their testicles.

I guess you could say that some men are testy about the subject. Testy... get it?

Ha, ha... I crack myself up!
To the women, I always pass my tests.

...wait a minute, what?!

HEY!!! Shoniqua you better give those back!!!

Old 06-22-2010, 05:46 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
The funny thing is, the women who approach me have usually said they've observed me for a while. If it was just, "You look like you could be a good roll in the hay, how about it?"--that's not really as attractive. The women that have approached me were more interested in a relationship, than just sex. For the most part. The one who was only interested in sex? Didn't last two weeks.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,278,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
tee hee, we're all equals but he has to do 100% of the work to be my equal.
Exactly! We are equals but when it comes to dating he should take the risks and take initiative,, approach me, start a conversation, ask my phone number, ask me out, wine/dine me, propose with a nice ring, be a gentleman, and the list goes on and on.

It is actually "We like equality...only the benefits of course". I keep asking women if there's anything wrong in having both men and women treat each other with the same honor and respect and all the other examples I have given and all of a sudden I become a villain. Go figure.

Quote:
Who is she to test me? Why would I waste my time on a stranger, because she has a vagina? come on. I think a lot of people are confused on this issue. The men who would jump through hoops for a stanger, and accept taking a subservient role to thier significant others are the real chumps with no "balls". What a backwards world we live in
MortimerC,
The ironic thing here is how men would jump through hoops, be tested, etc. All for what? All for the "priviledge" of being the ones who take her out to dinner/wine, to be the ones to protect them, to be the ones who spend their paychecks on them, etc. It's like a slave begging someone to please be his master when the slave could have instead stand up from crawling, shake the dust off, and live as an equal to everybody else in society. I am not talking about the slave taking revenge, being bad to others, etc. No, I am talking about a slave being EQUAL to everybody in society.

Quote:
this is strictly a cultural phenomena
I sometimes wonder if this has to do with culture, region, etc. As women in the east have shown me something I just don't see in the west. Coincidence or culture, I am not sure but there are some differences.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,267,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
Doesn't that goes both ways though? Since you made the man work to get you then you got him rather easily wouldn't you say?

It is my impression that women who wants the man to "work" to get them will most likely break up with the guy sooner or later because she doesn't like the man as much as the man likes her and doesn't appreciate him as much as he appreciates her. I also associate women who wants the man to chase her and work to get her with princessy, high-maintenance and entitled behaviour.
Not mine, no. He could have his pick of women. He's good-looking and very intelligent, has his own home, has a steady and well-paying job. Guess I stood out from all the ones who would just fall into his lap. Three years, no one is complaining.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
The funny thing is, the women who approach me have usually said they've observed me for a while. If it was just, "You look like you could be a good roll in the hay, how about it?"--that's not really as attractive. The women that have approached me were more interested in a relationship, than just sex. For the most part. The one who was only interested in sex? Didn't last two weeks.
All we need/want is some obvious hints! Is that too much to ask for?

Old 06-22-2010, 05:54 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Onihc

You know, it's so funny how you think the man just pays for everything and doesn't get any sort of benefit from it.

I have no problems taking women out and dates and paying their way--it's my role as a man to do so, and I'm perfectly comfortable with that role. But I get something in return. For one thing, the women I'm dating aren't rushing through their dinners, so they can jump in their car and get out of there. I get the pleasure of their company and conversation. And if I live with them, I get my clothes washed, my meals cooked, my finances run...all sorts of "benefits".

Old 06-22-2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Onihc

You know, it's so funny how you think the man just pays for everything and doesn't get any sort of benefit from it.

I have no problems taking women out and dates and paying their way--it's my role as a man to do so, and I'm perfectly comfortable with that role. But I get something in return. For one thing, the women I'm dating aren't rushing through their dinners, so they can jump in their car and get out of there. I get the pleasure of their company and conversation. And if I live with them, I get my clothes washed, my meals cooked, my finances run...all sorts of "benefits".
I always pay and nice places. I just am a little more careful who I take out now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships