Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:21 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine728 View Post
You've had so many similiar threads... I think you just need to admit that you are growing apart and move on. Sometimes loving someone isnt enough anymore , you have to be happy and enjoying your life... not living one you will regret later.
You're right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Will he go if there is food involved? If so, that may help!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Will he go if there is food involved? If so, that may help!
Haha! No, I doubt it. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where there was going to be a massive feast! I was the only one at our table without my partner, which was quite embarassing because I had to deal with all the "where is he? why isn't he here?" questions all night.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,250,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa* View Post
Haha! No, I doubt it. I went to a wedding a few weeks ago where there was going to be a massive feast! I was the only one at our table without my partner, which was quite embarassing because I had to deal with all the "where is he? why isn't he here?" questions all night.
If I had a lady she wouldn't have to ask me twice, especially with food involved!LOL.......

Old 06-21-2010, 06:38 PM

577 posts, read 1,758,977 times
Quote:
My sister married someone like this.. she thought it would get better but it never has and now 20 years later she's still always at everything alone. He's a nice guy but I only see him if I go visit her ( she lives 8 hours away) so I can go years without seeing him. She on the other hand attends many family things so I see her regularly. She gets that all the time and is constantly making excuses and I know it bothers her still.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,000,344 times
Quote:
You're right.
But you're still going to continue on the same as always, right?

Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM

1,036 posts, read 2,834,838 times
The absolute best indication of how someone will treat you while you're married is how they treat you while you're dating. It won't get better, he won't want to go out more just because you have a ring on your finger. End it now or realize you'll end up like the above posters sister.

I'm 25 & broke up with my last boyfriend of 3.5 years because he wouldn't go to a Celine Dion concert with me. I told him that I need a man that's man enough to see Celine :-).

Thing is, it was never about the concert. It spoke volumes to me that he couldn't give up a few hours of his time to do something I wanted to do. He was a catch & so very nice but I was tired of supporting him in his things & didn't want a future of doing things I like with my girlfriends or alone.

You deserve someone that will do things just because it makes you happy. There are plenty more out there, please don't waste it at home being ignored.

Courtney

Old 06-21-2010, 08:07 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
I was going to reply with an advice...but I can't...I just can't repeat myself over and over again...

Old 06-21-2010, 08:40 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
I was going to reply with an advice...but I can't...I just can't repeat myself over and over again...
Well I don't think I've responded much to VG's threads so I'll do it for you.

Haven't you dumped this guy yet? Yes I know you said spare you these comments but honey you sound absolutely miserable in this relationship. He does absolutely nothing to make you feel good about yourself and you are just wasting your life away on someone who doesn't give a crap.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Was this really necessary? Why wouldn't you just not post in the thread at all?

Look I'm sorry some of you are so disappointed in me, but I enjoy coming here. It's an escape from my relationship. You don't have to give me advice if you don't want to, even though yes my questions are worded as just that, questions, a lot of the time more than anything I am looking to vent, and looking for other people's stories. I take a lot of comfort knowing I am not the only one out there.

If you don't want to give me advice or are sick of my threads, please just bypass them in future. These kind of comments help no one.

Last edited by *VaNiLlaGoRrilLa*; 06-21-2010 at 09:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships