Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 10:46 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,230,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This is so very unhealthy. My original comment was your wife needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps and woman-up. But with threats of cutting.... I'm sorry this is a whole 'nother ball game.

Have either of you been in counseling? It sounds like it is desparately needed here.
Yeah, cutting is not good, not good at all. I'll stick to breaking cast iron and concrete blocks with a sledge hammer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 PM

577 posts, read 1,756,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
This is so very unhealthy. My original comment was your wife needs to pull herself up by her bootstraps and woman-up. But with threats of cutting.... I'm sorry this is a whole 'nother ball game.

Have either of you been in counseling? It sounds like it is desparately needed here.
Yea my comment was before I saw the cutting comment too. She needs professional help, there's much more going on here than you can/need to deal with .

Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM

751 posts, read 1,670,423 times
Sounds like you both need counseling.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:42 PM

254 posts, read 414,195 times
Hell no she needs to man up and find another job or stop whining to you about it. There is a difference between venting and relentless whining, and she is only making things worse by stressing her relationship with you.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:03 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,874,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall3n View Post
Just got back home and we had another fight. She was lying on the couch watching TV, obviously in a bad mood. I try to tell her not to take this s--- personally and not to let someone at work get under her skin so badly. In return I got:

"that's easy for you to say"
"go away or I'll show you the devil"
"I won't vent to you anymore. I have no one to talk to"

then she talks about cutting herself again (she suffers from depression)

I am at my wit's end. I am going to drink myself to sleep tonight and contemplate ending this joke of a marriage, before she drags us both down.
Do either of you have an Employee Assistance Program at work? She could get counseling through that.

Or have her make an appointment with your family doctor and have her tell him or her that there's job stress and that she needs the name of a good psychologist.

Old 06-22-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Do either of you have an Employee Assistance Program at work? She could get counseling through that.

Or have her make an appointment with your family doctor and have her tell him or her that there's job stress and that she needs the name of a good psychologist.
City Data!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:24 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,874,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
City Data!
Hopefully we're taking the edge off his stress!

Old 06-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_factor View Post
Hopefully we're taking the edge off his stress!
I know so!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships