Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:11 PM

6 posts, read 38,414 times

Advertisements

I've been married to my wife for almost 5 years. We are both in our late 20's, no kids and both of us work. My wife has never been happy at the jobs she's worked at. Her current job was ok for a while, but now she hates her boss. While I am on her side and sympathize, she is not handling it well and she is shooting herself in the foot by not covering her a-- and taking precautions instead of taking it all way too personally.

While I understand that she needs to vent, the venting has become a problem. She not only complains when we're at home, but she sends me text messages at work, threatening to quit, or she'll call me in a desperate state. Unfortunately, I find this hard to deal with and I have been suffering from anxiety as of late because I'm scared that she'll either have a nervous breakdown, or quit....and we're not able to survive on my income alone, nor do we have "options" to fall back on. I have tried to ask her not to text or call me at work venting, because on top of my own stress at work, it's simply too much for me to deal with and I tend to freak out, which causes arguments and leads to "I won't tell you anything anymore" and the guilt trip.

I am sure she thinks we'll just move back in with her mother if the s--t hits the fan, but I would rather sleep on a park bench than entertain that notion.

Am I wrong for being thoroughly sick of this? Ladies in particular, I want you to answer that. I know women like to vent and we're supposed to listen, but this is too much, especially as I cannot DO anything to help her in the sense of saying "ok honey, just quit and I'll take care of you until you find another job" (jobs are also hard to come by). I have given her my advice; I told her to document everything and take the issue up with HR).

What should I do? I guess she doesn't understand that the stress of it is affecting me too, since. I have my own problems at work to deal with. I avoid going home until late because of this situation. I have also started drinking and I'm contemplating ending this as I am losing my sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 05:21 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,249,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall3n View Post
I've been married to my wife for almost 5 years. We are both in our late 20's, no kids and both of us work. My wife has never been happy at the jobs she's worked at. Her current job was ok for a while, but now she hates her boss. While I am on her side and sympathize, she is not handling it well and she is shooting herself in the foot by not covering her a-- and taking precautions instead of taking it all way too personally.

While I understand that she needs to vent, the venting has become a problem. She not only complains when we're at home, but she sends me text messages at work, threatening to quit, or she'll call me in a desperate state. Unfortunately, I find this hard to deal with and I have been suffering from anxiety as of late because I'm scared that she'll either have a nervous breakdown, or quit....and we're not able to survive on my income alone, nor do we have "options" to fall back on. I have tried to ask her not to text or call me at work venting, because on top of my own stress at work, it's simply too much for me to deal with and I tend to freak out, which causes arguments and leads to "I won't tell you anything anymore" and the guilt trip.

I am sure she thinks we'll just move back in with her mother if the s--t hits the fan, but I would rather sleep on a park bench than entertain that notion.

Am I wrong for being thoroughly sick of this? Ladies in particular, I want you to answer that. I know women like to vent and we're supposed to listen, but this is too much, especially as I cannot DO anything to help her in the sense of saying "ok honey, just quit and I'll take care of you until you find another job" (jobs are also hard to come by). I have given her my advice; I told her to document everything and take the issue up with HR).

What should I do? I guess she doesn't understand that the stress of it is affecting me too, since. I have my own problems at work to deal with.
It's a b**** out there right now, employers are getting away with s*** right now because of the economy that they never would before. Times will change my friend and you will get your wife back. Hang in there buddy! From the guy who can't stand his boss! I want to strangle his a** at times but let it roll! He isn't nearly as mouthy the busier we get, imagine that!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Explain to her that financially, she cannot just "quit" her job. Tell her that if she is that unhappy at this job, then she needs to be looking for another one, on her spare time. Hopefully, she will be able to find one that makes her half-way happy.
I vent to my husband about my job too...thats what we do, but I don`t make him miserable with it.. I don`t think! Every job has its problems, along with everything else in life, but we try to vent, and move on, ya` know?
If she is THAT unhappy with her job, then it sounds like its time for her to move on, and find something else. I realize that jobs are hard to come by nowdays, but she can at least try, rather than making her life, and yours absolutely unbearable, and impossible to live with..Yikes!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
It's a b**** out there right now, employers are getting away with s*** right now because of the economy that they never would before. Times will change my friend and you will get your wife back. Hang in there buddy! From the guy who can't stand his boss! I want to strangle his a** at times but let it roll! He isn't nearly as mouthy the busier we get, imagine that!
Unfortunately, she's not looking like she's going to hang in there. As I keep trying to stress to her, our problems will be 1,000,000 tlmes worse if she just quits without finding another job first. Unemployment is at almost 13% where we live.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,551,038 times
Not cool.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Explain to her that financially, she cannot just "quit" her job. Tell her that if she is that unhappy at this job, then she needs to be looking for another one, on her spare time. Hopefully, she will be able to find one that makes her half-way happy.
I vent to my husband about my job too...thats what we do, but I don`t make him miserable with it.. I don`t think! Every job has its problems, along with everything else in life, but we try to vent, and move on, ya` know?
If she is THAT unhappy with her job, then it sounds like its time for her to move on, and find something else. I realize that jobs are hard to come by nowdays, but she can at least try, rather than making her life, and yours absolutely unbearable, and impossible to live with..Yikes!
Done all of that. One minute she says she's
not irresponsible and won't just quit, then she threatens to quit unless I come over there NOW (then she tells me I'm crazy for worrying too much). I cannot take this rollercoaster anymore. If I could support her, I would. It's like every waking hour is spent with her either venting or being depressed and angry, taking it out on me for the slightest thing. I hate my job too, but I gotta do what I've gotta do and I don't bother anyone with every single complaint about my job.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:35 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,661,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fall3n View Post
Done all of that. One minute she says she's
not irresponsible and won't just quit, then she threatens to quit unless I come over there NOW (then she tells me I'm crazy for worrying too much). I cannot take this rollercoaster anymore. If I could support her, I would. It's like every waking hour is spent with her either venting or being depressed and angry, taking it out on me for the slightest thing. I hate my job too, but I gotta do what I've gotta do and I don't bother anyone with every single complaint about my job.
Yeah....URGH!
Sit her down, and tell her exactly how you feel, and don`t hold back! Do itttttt! Noone would want to be put in that situation. Yuck!

Old 06-21-2010, 05:37 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,649,845 times
I wanted to quit a lot of times when I was at work--especially when I was having issues with managers that have since left our store...or at least our shift. I knew I couldn't, but I sure vented about it a lot. She knew that I was only venting to vent...and she might say something like, "Six more hours..."

Because when I'm not at work, I don't think of work. When I am at work, I don't think about home. I compartmentalize my issues very well.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I wanted to quit a lot of times when I was at work--especially when I was having issues with managers that have since left our store...or at least our shift. I knew I couldn't, but I sure vented about it a lot. She knew that I was only venting to vent...and she might say something like, "Six more hours..."

Because when I'm not at work, I don't think of work. When I am at work, I don't think about home. I compartmentalize my issues very well.
TK, well said dude. I hate most of the people I work with, including my bosses, but I'm there to WORK and the alternative (not having a job) is far worse.

I'm close to throwing in the proverbial towel in my marriage 'cause I just can't take this anymore. Her safety net is moving back with her mom on my salary alone and honestly, I would rather blow my brains out than live with her bipolar mother again.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:44 PM

483 posts, read 555,672 times
They typically censor the truth on CD as it applies to femarica. You can pretty much bet I hit the nail on the head.. Ruuuuunn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships