Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 03:40 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,955,592 times

Advertisements

It's important.

I married someone with whom the connection was awesome in all other ways, but the sex was only so-so. I don't think I would do that again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
I have never been with a guy who wanted it as much as I did .
Same here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Of course, being totally devoted to each other in all ways, and seriously attempting to create conditions conducive to each other's happiness, plays an important part in keeping the sexual interest healthy. It's a self-reinforcing cycle, rather than a negative feedback loop that so many seem to fall into.
Very good point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 02:22 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,848,857 times
There's an old saying, sex is like money - it's no big deal unless you're not getting any!

I always "say" sex isn't the most important thing, but when I haven't had it in a while, suddenly it matters a lot.

To answer - it IS very important. I need it a few times a week to be satisfied. Every day? Not in most cases, but on vacation alone w/hubby it could happen.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by felicitev21 View Post
Sex is extremely important to me. Though I'm married now, I have never been with a guy who wanted it as much as I did . I could just lie in bed and have sex all day. Matter of fact, before we had all these kids, my husband and I used to take a day off together, rent a hotel for the day, and do just that. Yup...if marriage doesn't diminish your sex life then children DEFINITELY will. With one it's still manageable...but we have three. And yes, in the past, I have left boyfriends because they wouldn't give me enough sex or because their skills were not up to par.
For you, do the kids themselves kill your drive, or is it just a matter of no time/opportunity??

I'm somewhat like you - most relationships I wanted sex more, including with my hubs at first, but then after our first child was born my libido shrunk a bit - and after 3 kids, it was almost nonexistant for a while - the idea of sex was nice, but between being exhausted (me AND hubby) and always having at least one child in the room with us at various times, we had very little sex for a while...sometimes months would pass. I wanted to want it, but was too tired to really feel that desire physically or emotionally.

Now that they're older and staying in their rooms at night, and...my husband is finally getting used to his new work schedule we've ramped back up to several times per week!

Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
What she said!!!
Well, yeah...I'd have to say that when I was single, I didn't typically do the ONS thing or casual sex outside a committed relationship with a couple exceptions. During those times the "mood" struck maybe once a week to a point where I had to "take care of" myself.

In a good relationship I want it MUCH more.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,404,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
How important is sex?

How often do you want sex?

I'm just curious to see if women think sex is as important as men think.
Sex is vitally important - to a relationship. Not interested in one night stands. I have a very high sex drive that I have learned to control. But when I am in a relationship I would want to have sex every day if possible, or at least every other day.

If the sex is bad because the man isn't into: foreplay, oral, touching like how his partner likes to be touched, detached during intercourse, no intimate connection, etc. - the relationship will ultimately fail. Sex and intimacy feed each other.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:16 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,275,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
How important is sex?

How often do you want sex?

I'm just curious to see if women think sex is as important as men think.
It's as important as sleep...and last time I checked, I loved sleep and want it every night.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:43 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,426,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
It's as important as sleep...and last time I checked, I loved sleep and want it every night.
It's as important as food ... and last time I checked, I loved food and want it three times a day (plus snacks).

Old 07-31-2013, 04:03 PM

30,391 posts, read 21,633,223 times
Horny, hungry and sleepy it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It's as important as food ... and last time I checked, I loved food and want it three times a day (plus snacks).

Old 07-31-2013, 05:04 PM

4,217 posts, read 7,275,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Horny, hungry and sleepy it seems
Not so different from men r we?...

Old 07-31-2013, 06:58 PM

355 posts, read 388,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrueRulz View Post
There's an old saying, sex is like oxygen - it's no big deal unless you're not getting any!
fix'd, more accurate

also money is ALWAYS a big deal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships