Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:14 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times

Advertisements

I also tend to dislike romcoms with Ben Stiller in a straightfaced lead role. They seem to all be about a sad sack in a string of humiliating events. See The Heartbreak Kid, Along Came Polly, Meet the Parents. I thought Man of Faith was OK but just realized that was from 10 years ago (I just saw it) and before the others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2010, 10:25 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
Debbie Does Dallas

Old 06-22-2010, 10:28 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,140 times
I don't like Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Hugh Grant (of the list, he's my least favorite), or Jennifer Aniston Movies.

My least favorite that I remember is All the Days Before Tomorrow The main character girl was stupid and annoying and thought she was so darn intelligent and cute and interesting and unique. Ugh.

I think ones I love stick with me more than ones I hate or dislike or are "eh" to me. And I think it's easy for me to pick the ones I'm probably going to like. But I was WAY off with Days Before Tomorrow!

oh I also wanted to add, not really on topic, but I didn't like Almost Famous and I got in an argument with my aunt about it once. I'm like "um.. everyone is desperate to be famous or at least touch fame and the girl is a dumb groupie. What's so special about that?" Sorry!

Old 06-22-2010, 10:31 AM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Wrong Turn

Wrong TurnII

Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM

2,631 posts, read 4,047,572 times
CTR36, I haven't seen that movie, but I have another movie with a slightly similar concept, apart from marriage.

Serendipity

I felt worse for the fiancé & fiancée who I think deserved better than the lead characters. I can't stand the leave-them-at-the-altar movies in the name of "love". I can't be happy for someone in the midst of selfishness.

Romantic comedies are such if you've seen one, you've seen them all....

Old 06-22-2010, 11:49 AM

483 posts, read 555,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
As a counterpoint to the "best" thread, please list and discuss your least favorite romance movies here.

Movies I typically detest fall into several categories:

Movies about rotten people I'm supposed to like.
  • The Breakup - Spiteful, unlikeable people. I hated Jennifer Aniston's character and the scene about the lemons. I actually got in an argument with a friend of mine over this dumb movie--she thought Vince Vaughn was in the wrong.
  • The Family Stone - Another movie about a bunch of unlikeable people. You know the kind, where you realize you hate all the characters? A whole family of nasties; a brittle, uptight girlfriend; and a very stupid ending.
Almost any movie that involves what I call, "Can Their Love Survive the Lie?"
  • Failure to Launch
  • How to Lose a Man in 10 Days
  • Pretty much any romcom with Kate Hudson or Matthew McConaughey
Movies that don't have a happy ending. Yes, I know art imitates life, but if I want dreary reality, I'll watch the news.
  • Shopgirl (actually, I don't remember the end, just that I disliked it)
  • Match Point
Best love story has to be Avatar. The moral of this film is the guy with the biggest bird gets the girl.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:24 PM

36,492 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Best love story has to be Avatar. The moral of this film is the guy with the biggest bird gets the girl.

LOL. I really dont think that was the moral of the story, but thats funny. And it was a good movie.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM

29,737 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I don't like the romantic comedies where the protagonist, male or female, unceremoniously dumps their perfectly pleasant SO (or leaves them at the altar) because someone better comes along. I know we're supposed to rejoice in twoo wuv or whatever, but it's just cruel.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
You don't think it was even the little guy finds love?

Old 06-22-2010, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't like the romantic comedies where the protagonist, male or female, unceremoniously dumps their perfectly pleasant SO (or leaves them at the altar) because someone better comes along. I know we're supposed to rejoice in twoo wuv or whatever, but it's just cruel.
LOL @ "twoo wuv." How about the movies where one person dumps the other at the altar and takes off with another, while the entire congregation sits in respectful silence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships