Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 07:11 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,315,654 times

Advertisements

I like for a man to chase me, but he would know that I want to be chased. It is called flirting. I don't think he should do all the work, but he should definitely show that he wants me...I think that is hot. I flirt too, though. I don't mind flirting first, but he needs to follow my lead. It is not a game. It is fun...it is called courting, wooing, flirting, or just having a good time. I don't sleep around, so I am not going to grab him and bag him...ugh. If and when we finally do sleep together, it will be because we are in a committed relationship and we both want to, not just for kicks.

Old 06-23-2010, 07:17 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,630,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Yeah, I prefer women who don't need their ego stroked.
There are just some women that it's worth doing this to get away from:

YouTube - stunt window jump

Old 06-23-2010, 09:20 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makgyver View Post
But will you call/text the guy first after a while? I'm not just talking about returning a phone call but just calling the guy like that... if the woman NEVER takes the initiative to contact me and makes me do all the work then I'm gonna think she is not that intrested.
I had to think about it. I will initiate some texts, just little "thanks for the other evening", or maybe something casual. The last guy I was dating loved my sense of humor, I would text him random things I thought were funny, and he loved that. But really I won't start initiating dates, arrangements, etc. until we are exclusive. There are exceptions, if I have something formal to go to like a ball where a date is preferred, I may ask the guy I'm dating, depends on the situation.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Either-or.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:52 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,667,461 times
I like guys to chase me to a point. Not because I want an ego boost but if I were to answer every single phone call / text / e-mail / IM what the heck would he think? That I have no life? No, thanks!

Old 06-23-2010, 11:07 PM

221 posts, read 336,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I like guys to chase me to a point. Not because I want an ego boost but if I were to answer every single phone call / text / e-mail / IM what the heck would he think? That I have no life? No, thanks!
Do you not have a life?

If I can answer the phone I will, if I can't I wont. Why do people make it so difficult?

Old 06-24-2010, 08:46 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,616,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
The attitudes toward dating vary vastly between generations. I would expect 40 and 50 year olds to date in the method they were taught growing up, and it was a vastly different dynamic then.
This is an excellent point. You can't take someone in their 20s and ask them to apply dating rules you learned back in the 70s. Times have changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
There are some calls/emails/texts that the sender doesn't expect a response for. For example, if I send you a link to an article, I won't be waiting for you to reply. But if you're choosing not to respond to certain calls/emails/texts because you're afraid the other person will think you have no life, then you're just overthinking things. If I felt someone was ignoring my calls or emails, I'd find that disrespectful. Over time, that would be a pretty big turn-off. Now do you understand why these games are self-defeating?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,630,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post

There are some calls/emails/texts that the sender doesn't expect a response for. For example, if I send you a link to an article, I won't be waiting for you to reply. But if you're choosing not to respond to certain calls/emails/texts because you're afraid the other person will think you have no life, then you're just overthinking things. If I felt someone was ignoring my calls or emails, I'd find that disrespectful. Over time, that would be a pretty big turn-off. Now do you understand why these games are self-defeating?
Yeah I'd say if someone can't be bothered to return calls or emails then I can't be bothered to call anymore.

I think some people want to create this illusion that they are just these super desirable and extremely busy social butterflies but gimme a break. For me I am in my 30's and know what I want or don't want. I am not going to bother calling a gal to go out on a whim shooting fish in a barrel and hoping I tag a date. To me them ignoring any communication just says I am way down their list of priorities, hence I am moving on.

Often I think women over play their hand which is why there are so many unmarried 40 year old seemingly successful women out there, that failed to score on the relationship front and now face the end of their potential as mates(at least when it comes to children).

Old 06-24-2010, 10:29 AM

1,914 posts, read 7,138,537 times
Thank goodness I'm MARRIED

Why do people have to make everything SO complicated

You like someone-talk to them, get to know them, go have coffee, walk to a park sit and chat, laugh, smile, eat ice cream together, discuss current events, take your time and FALL IN LOVE. How hard is that? Why are people playing games, etc?

Sheesh

Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,139,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Thank goodness I'm MARRIED

Why do people have to make everything SO complicated

You like someone-talk to them, get to know them, go have coffee, walk to a park sit and chat, laugh, smile, eat ice cream together, discuss current events, take your time and FALL IN LOVE. How hard is that? Why are people playing games, etc?

Sheesh

I agree. It seems to me like the most insecure people are the ones who feel the need to be with someone who "loves them more". You can switch things around all you want. You can spin the bull sh t to your liking. You can agree with each other and holler daps over and over to the poster who agree's with you. But overall, your insecurities show.

To me if you where secure in who you are, you would be looking for equality not inferiority

Last edited by supermanpansy; 06-24-2010 at 11:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.