Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2010, 10:13 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
Yes. Many women come to shorter men after they've been beaten to death by their taller knights in shining armor, the men they've been grooming themselves to be with since childhood. After they've been sexed by countless men, after their their genitalia have been stretched beyond recognition, they then say, "now I will try shorter men". We are last pickings, and we should "be grateful" that we are now being paid attention now. Unfortunately, many of these women are in their 30s and 40s, and have been used. Now we get second pickings.

Of course not all women fall into this category, but I have come across many reformed heightists. My friends speak of them fondly, and largely ignore them. The general consensus is, "don't come to us now".
Yep! Your problem is most definitely NOT your height!

3,261 posts, read 5,294,582 times
Quote:
Yes. Many women come to shorter men after they've been beaten to death by their taller knights in shining armor, the men they've been grooming themselves to be with since childhood. After they've been sexed by countless men, after their their genitalia have been stretched beyond recognition, they then say, "now I will try shorter men". We are last pickings, and we should "be grateful" that we are now being paid attention now. Unfortunately, many of these women are in their 30s and 40s, and have been used. Now we get second pickings.

Of course not all women fall into this category, but I have come across many reformed heightists. My friends speak of them fondly, and largely ignore them. The general consensus is, "don't come to us now".
Are you saying that there is a direct correlation between height and penis size?

9,444 posts, read 17,349,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
Women prefer men who are confident. Maybe it's not your height that's holding you back, but your lack of self-esteem due to your height.

BTW, I ditto what Sierra said. 5'5" may be shorter than 6', but there are plenty of women who are under 5'5". Generally, women like men that are taller then them, so that gives you plenty to work with.

That surgery is CRAZY!!

You think?

What I want to know is CAN THEY DO THE SAME TO PENISES? (not that I'm complaining )
J/K

Old 06-24-2010, 10:14 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,294,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yep! Your problem is most definitely NOT your height!

Definitely not a height problem.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,002,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
You think?

What I want to know is CAN THEY DO THE SAME TO PENISES? (not that I'm complaining )
J/K
Of course! At one time for some reason I was getting "penis enlargement" e-mails a few times a day. They could've targeted their marketing a little better!

Old 06-24-2010, 10:17 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,349,099 times
Quote:
I am 5'5 1/2. I know my height has kept me from getting many women. I am one year shy of a PhD, own property, a nice car, am assertive, and have accomplished a lot. However, society looks down on short men. No matter how much a short man has, the 6 ft bus driver, or 6'3 ice cream man will always do better with the ladies, than the 5'3 guy who is a cardiologist. Many women, even the shortest ones all have 6 foot requirements and will come up with every excuse in the book why a short man is not a real man.

I then came across this:
YouTube - Dr Paley: Cosmetic Limb Lengthening Surgery

I am now considering limb lengthening to go to at least 5'9. The $70,000 cost seems to paltry compared the benefits which may ensue.

OP, on a more serious note, my husband is 5'6. I never had a problem with his height, because he just has an overwhelming amount of confidence. Although I understand your insecurities, please don't give up. There are a lot of petite women like me who will go for the man your height. You just have to find the right one.
This surgery is dangerous and you can encounter numerous of complications that will be far more life threatening than not getting a gilfriend soon enough.

Old 06-24-2010, 10:39 PM

379 posts, read 510,514 times
Quote:

Wow. I kinda felt for ya before, but this is really an asinine comment.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:12 AM

55 posts, read 49,218 times
I understand you're astonishment with my last comment, but I'm simply stating what the consensus is with a lot of short men. Asinine it may be, but I do not believe that every woman operates that way, but heighists do exist, and the term reformed heightist refers to a group of people who refuse to date short men until they grow frustrated with other men. They also exist. In the process of dating, us short men come across reformed heightists a lot. Those who refuse to believe heightists exist tell us that we are being difficult, ungrateful and deserve to be miserable.

I am a very confident man, otherwise, I wouldn't have been as successful as I have been in every other area of my life. There are many short men who become extremely introverted, and do not socialize at all. I haven't let being short make me stop fighting in the work place, academia, family and to let someone who disrespects me think twice about not doing it. I have dated, and will continue to date, but it doesn't change that shorter men are at a disadvantage, and that women will have no problem saying, "sorry, you're such a nice guy, and you have everything that I'm looking for, but you're too short". Also do everything to remain annoyed by us and avoid us (as stated by many women in this very thread). You can't change preferences, and I respect everyone's preference, and right to like what they like. I hope everyone who has read this post understands this. I am not trying to change anyone's opinion on shorter guys, or even get sympathy, or anyone to feel sympathy for me. After all, being short is my issue, none of yours as many of you have said.

I will say thank you to everyone who has contributed to this post though, because I am reconsidering the procedure. I did not mean to suggest that people who are short have it "worse" than the disabled, mentally challenged, in a sense I guess I have been blessed to not be born in one of those categories, but still being short is a disadvantage, and people subtly let me know this and others this everyday. It is one thing to be short, but it is another to have almost everyone remind you up from grade school to well into adulthood, remind you of how inferior you are because you are short. Especially shorter women, who from the smallest heights of 4'9, will remind you that you are short. Still I remain optimistic, height surgery or not. I simply wanted to vent and show my consideration of the aforementioned procedure which despite its riskiness, gives us short men an option now.

I read once that the actor Dustin Hoffman, who is an inch taller than me, had to go to therapy for years to get over his height insecurities. While this discussion has been therapeutic, I think I should and will pursue counseling as well. I also read on previous threads here that the current President of Russia is my height, and so was Martin Luther King Jr. I did not know this! If they could make it, then I guess so could I. I don't like corny endings, but thanks for the chat everyone.

Last edited by JasonCrowley; 06-25-2010 at 03:57 AM..

Old 06-25-2010, 04:43 AM

37 posts, read 178,185 times
don't do it man!

Lot's of guys have problems getting women and it's nothing to do with height.

Plus my buddy roberto is 5 foot tall and always charms girls. He often has a choice of girlfriends. Yeah charm is his way... not height.

Now the more boring advice:

YOu have to learn to be the best you and at the same time acccept the person you are and the way you are put together.

Old 06-25-2010, 04:46 AM

37 posts, read 178,185 times
Move to Spain. You would not be considered short here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships