Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2011, 09:21 AM

31,924 posts, read 34,421,649 times

Advertisements

I say go for the surgery.

Old 01-21-2011, 10:29 AM

2,652 posts, read 4,784,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
^You know what they say about people that brag about what they have....
HA! I certainly do.

Something like, I caught a fish thiiiis big. Right dude!

Old 01-21-2011, 10:40 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,544,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyMeToday View Post
Maybe. There are some women like that. Two inches ISN'T much taller, but it IS less taller. If it wasn't such a big deal, Elevator Shoes wouldn't be such a huge industry, Type "Elevator Shoes" on eBay and see how many results come up. The proof was in the pudding when I started wearing them. 2" elevators bring me up to your height @ JBT1980 (S'8). That added extta height opens so many doors with women when I go out. You are 5'8. Dress Shoes would bring you to 5'10 (I.e. Slightly above average). If you're having woman trouble at that height, then either you are ugly, don't have your things together, are super insecure for no reason, or have an odor problem.
And what exactly happens when the shoes come off?

If I went out with a man who was wearing lifts and later found out he was 'lying' about his height I'd be pretty pissed. Not because he was shorter, but because he felt that I wouldn't have been attracted to him otherwise. The short guys I know have no issues getting women...including my friend Chris who is 5'7 and dating a woman who's just barely shorter than me at 6' tall.

Old 01-21-2011, 04:26 PM

15 posts, read 36,000 times
I say let 'em BE pissed! We know what it is! And it is what it is! I know what works and what won't. Truth is, me being 'taller' with Elevator Shoes has helped me reel in more fish than I ever did without them (NOT just sex, I mean dates, conversations, invites, etc). Whatever works. Its me..... But its me AND me being taller. It has opened doors for me, no question. You don't really "get it" unless you pay attention or are standing from our side (the short man, under 5'7 in this country).

Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM

56 posts, read 170,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCrowley View Post
Why is this ridiculous? Legislation exists to protect people of color, people with weight issues, disabilities, mental disabilities, women. Short men are constantly ridiculed in the work place and are denied jobs based on their height. So much so that Michigan put legislation in place barring employers from screening employees based on height. There are mountains of articles and research on this very subject. This is not reality to you because you are not a short male and do not live in it.

During my undergrad and grad days, I was denied sales jobs because employers blatantly told me that customers would not take me seriously, and that I would not make a great sales rep. I've worked in other fields where I would be overlooked for supervisor positions although I was very qualified. Of course, the taller male would get the position, screw it up, for them to come back to me later to offer me the position. This is subtle but outright discrimination. I've dealt with it all of my life. This goes beyond not getting picked for the basketball team in your grade school days.
This is very true. A number of states are now looking into height legislation. I have been overlooked for promotions and the taller, less qualified person got the job. Almost every state right now has at least one height discrimination lawsuit. Look at political elections, the taller candidate wins 9 out of 10 times.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 PM

56 posts, read 170,900 times
I am also looking into getting leg lengthening surgery. I have been told for years by women that I am a great catch and cute, but...I am not tall enough. If I got a penny for every time I was told this I would be rich (pennies add up). I am one of the most confident guys in the world, but height makes a huge difference in the dating and working world.

About a year ago I started wearing elevator shoes that added four inches in height. Things changed immediately. For the first time in my life I had women coming up to me. Nothing changed but my height. Just a few inches made a huge difference.

Because of my experience with elevator shoes I am looking into the surgery to permanently add four inches. I don't expect anyone on here to truly understand why. It is obvious from this forum that those who have not walked in the shoes of a shorter than average man are unable to undestand what its like.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 PM

817 posts, read 808,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyb221 View Post
I am also looking into getting leg lengthening surgery. I have been told for years by women that I am a great catch and cute, but...I am not tall enough. If I got a penny for every time I was told this I would be rich (pennies add up). I am one of the most confident guys in the world, but height makes a huge difference in the dating and working world.

About a year ago I started wearing elevator shoes that added four inches in height. Things changed immediately. For the first time in my life I had women coming up to me. Nothing changed but my height. Just a few inches made a huge difference.

Because of my experience with elevator shoes I am looking into the surgery to permanently add four inches. I don't expect anyone on here to truly understand why. It is obvious from this forum that those who have not walked in the shoes of a shorter than average man are unable to undestand what its like.
You are very honest here, and I appreciate that, it's true, short men do get the shorter end of the stick in the dating world and as far as scoring women is concerned, and I applaud you on your decision to go for this surgery, don't listen to women who say they don't care about a man's height and that they are looking for confidence, security, blah blah, the usual blah, they are merely being politically correct.

I wish you all the best in your surgery, and do let us know how you feel after it if you are going for it anytime soon.

Old 03-24-2011, 01:36 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,566,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter18 View Post
You are very honest here, and I appreciate that, it's true, short men do get the shorter end of the stick in the dating world and as far as scoring women is concerned, and I applaud you on your decision to go for this surgery, don't listen to women who say they don't care about a man's height and that they are looking for confidence, security, blah blah, the usual blah, they are merely being politically correct.

I wish you all the best in your surgery, and do let us know how you feel after it if you are going for it anytime soon.

Are you serious? Do you know how in the world that's going to happen? It's not like something that can happen in a cartoon. I'm surprised this old thread is being revived.

"Height surgery." Can someone say, "NAIIVE?"

Old 03-24-2011, 01:39 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,046,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I say go for the surgery.
nah, just gotta find his very own snooki

Old 03-24-2011, 06:32 AM

817 posts, read 808,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Are you serious? Do you know how in the world that's going to happen? It's not like something that can happen in a cartoon. I'm surprised this old thread is being revived.

"Height surgery." Can someone say, "NAIIVE?"
The way I think about it, it's like liposuction for fat people, was very expensive a few years ago, but now almost every fat guy is getting it done, similarly, in a few years, there's going to be this surgery which will become very popular and cheap, so that men can satisfy the most women's unrealistic demands of every man being atleast 6', so yeah I am serious about recommending him to get it done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships