Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:03 PM

117 posts, read 241,693 times

Advertisements

You will find someone when you least expect it; I know it sounds cheesy, but trust me, if you focus too much on looking for that one person, you will start to lose in other areas of your life. If you forget all about it and focus on other things, you will meet the right person before you know it.

Take it from someone that has been in your shoes: enjoy being single, going out with friends, doing things alone, because once you are married, things change completely; it is not terrible, but you are not able to do things you were able to do when you were single; just enjoy whatever you are doing it to the fullest for the time being
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,878,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Some seem to think you have to stop living when you're single! I'm going down to the nearest beach in Mexico next week and because it was kind of a last-minute decision I didn't book online and spoke with people. Every single one (American or Mexican) was mighty surprised I need accommodations for one! As if I have to put my life on hold until I can qualify for accommodations for two! They're the same anyway! Am I paying you? Yes. What problem is it of yours then?! Am I supposed to stay home until I'm coupled?! I'm used to that attitude down in Mexico, but it's quite common here, too.
I've experienced the same attitudes. And when you say "One" they act like they don't believe you and maybe you're planning on sneaking another person in without paying or something. Truth is they always charge the same, or more, for one as two anyway. That ol' "based on double occupancy" rule which has always seemed really unfair to me.

Rocky Point? Have a great time!

Old 06-25-2010, 09:21 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,042,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Rocky Point? Have a great time!
Yeah. Thanks. Just bought a few books.

Funny thing is many will be unpleasantly surprised this holiday weekend! While reading something I happened to find out Mexico has elections on Monday and it will have a dry weekend! I always go prepared, though, so nothing can phase me. Besides, I don't plan on partying at night.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:06 AM

404 posts, read 700,862 times
This seems to be always the same: Men complain they cannot get attention from women and give up. Women complain they cannot find a healthy relationship with any man and give up. The mere fact we keep reading this shows that dating nowadays is, in some ways, too complicated and demands too much effort. We have gone wrong somewhere, as a society.

Old 06-26-2010, 09:58 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,917,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
This seems to be always the same: Men complain they cannot get attention from women and give up. Women complain they cannot find a healthy relationship with any man and give up. The mere fact we keep reading this shows that dating nowadays is, in some ways, too complicated and demands too much effort. We have gone wrong somewhere, as a society.

I guess. Everyone is in a hurry to grow up settle down and get bord.

married at 23, kids by 25, then discover they hate life and the situation that was created by rushing into things. Still paying for college, rents, cars, food and bills, and slammed into the wall of work, usually in a dead end job, and with a dead end marriage.
By 35 or so discovering marriage came too soon, and so there is a divorce to cure things, but it only complicates things more. The guy stuck in a dead end job is some how supposed to pay for her, the kids and all sorts of things. and she stuck in her dead end job expects he will even if he has to live in a tent for it.

As if a 23 year old guy is a man of substance and of the world, and or a woman is.

These days the young grow up too fast, but aren't exactly all grown to see how the world really is.

The expectation of one blisfull marriage doesn't happen very often. Most end up with slobs on the couch every night wathing tv. They jumped and settled things, which became dull and boring.

Almost no one has just one marriage anymore, and marrying too soon insures you won't.

I just got lucky the 2nd time around........ so far.

It is said that up to 4 marriage will be common if not already.

One for kids, one for love, one for companionship and one of them again.

I was 28 the first time. What a mess that was.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 AM

483 posts, read 554,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
Funny you should say that...
Tried to put you on ignore. But it says you're a mod or admin. Guess I need to contact CD...

Old 08-06-2010, 07:34 PM

57 posts, read 80,201 times
Ok, so you're 23...You have all the time in the world. I'm 38 and I've been alone for a few years now and not in a hurry because when I least expect it I will bump into the one for me. You are very young not to say that I'm old but girl you have so much in life to experience. I'm not trying to to say that you will have 10 men but you will proably go through a few before you find the right one. Be patient your time will come. Good luck! Don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawdagurl View Post
ok people i'm done with love, i've spent way to may nights alone in my bed everytime i think that i've found someone thats perfect for me it always goes back to that ol saying that "its to good to be true" but i'm so afraid that i'll grow old alone as a once sweet but then bitter old woman who hate the ideal of love, i'm ready to settle down right now but it seems like the rest of the world is only focused on LUST, maybe i'm just to young i might need to wait a couple years and let love find me! but sometimes i feel like if you want it dont hold back just go get it be
cause you'll miss your chance and the next person will be enjoying what you cherish so dearly....

Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 PM

57 posts, read 80,201 times
You are so right!!! Young people want to settle down so fast by the time they realize they hate the one their with and misserable and wind up doing drastic things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I guess. Everyone is in a hurry to grow up settle down and get bord.

married at 23, kids by 25, then discover they hate life and the situation that was created by rushing into things. Still paying for college, rents, cars, food and bills, and slammed into the wall of work, usually in a dead end job, and with a dead end marriage.
By 35 or so discovering marriage came too soon, and so there is a divorce to cure things, but it only complicates things more. The guy stuck in a dead end job is some how supposed to pay for her, the kids and all sorts of things. and she stuck in her dead end job expects he will even if he has to live in a tent for it.

As if a 23 year old guy is a man of substance and of the world, and or a woman is.

These days the young grow up too fast, but aren't exactly all grown to see how the world really is.

The expectation of one blisfull marriage doesn't happen very often. Most end up with slobs on the couch every night wathing tv. They jumped and settled things, which became dull and boring.

Almost no one has just one marriage anymore, and marrying too soon insures you won't.

I just got lucky the 2nd time around........ so far.

It is said that up to 4 marriage will be common if not already.

One for kids, one for love, one for companionship and one of them again.

I was 28 the first time. What a mess that was.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:51 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,650,185 times
You've got plenty of time. Enjoy this phase of your life and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Once you are married things change drastically.
Every man you dismiss brings you one step closer to the man you are supposed to be with. Don't try to push it or force someone to be what you want. When you can happily be alone you'll make a much better parent.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:52 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,650,185 times
You've got plenty of time. Enjoy this phase of your life and do everything you've ever wanted to do. Once you are married things change drastically.
Every man you dismiss brings you one step closer to the man you are supposed to be with. Don't try to push it or force someone to be what you want. When you can happily be alone you'll make a much better wifeand parent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships