Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 04:20 PM

22,338 posts, read 29,439,446 times

Advertisements

Give match.com a chance again. However, I'm going to be a lot more straight forward on what I'm looking for..I want to be clear as possible without sounding like a crazy person..Any ideas on how to do that?? LOL

I'm telling you the last time I went on, I went out on 5 dates and they were all very odd/retarded..Im hoping it will go better this time..I'll keep you posted..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2010, 04:35 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,202,996 times
Be honest in what you are looking for in a man. Just remember if you are too picky you are probably just wasting your time as no one is going to meet your standards.

Personally I think talking on the phone tells a lot about a person if you listen closely.

Only meet for coffee. That is my advice. If you don't like them you can leave after 1st cup. If I have talked to someone on the phone and I think we have a lot in common I might consider lunch.

Last edited by Keeper; 06-30-2010 at 05:39 AM..

Old 06-24-2010, 04:39 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Himain is a woman.

Old 06-24-2010, 04:40 PM

37,618 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Give match.com a chance again. However, I'm going to be a lot more straight forward on what I'm looking for..I want to be clear as possible without sounding like a crazy person..Any ideas on how to do that?? LOL

I'm telling you the last time I went on, I went out on 5 dates and they were all very odd/retarded..Im hoping it will go better this time..I'll keep you posted..
What are the things that you are trying to avoid? Do you speak with these people on the phone a few times before meeting?

Old 06-24-2010, 04:46 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,669,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Himain is a woman.

Thats ok....it goes for both either way!

Old 06-24-2010, 04:50 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,178,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
However, I'm going to be a lot more straight forward on what I'm looking for..I want to be clear as possible without sounding like a crazy person..Any ideas on how to do that?? LOL
What are you looking for, himain? Perhaps you could post what you're looking for and maybe some trusted CDers could help you with getting the syntax/language just right? You might be better off doing this via DM since a**holes and trolls could screw up the process...

Last edited by professorsenator; 06-24-2010 at 06:05 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:03 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,323,086 times
join a co-ed sports team have some fun meet some people. Lots of summer baseball leagues are starting up right now.
I think if you have a good time without really looking to meet someone that's when you meet a great person .plus there are no expectations just have go out and have fun.
anyways goodluck

Last edited by GTOlover; 06-24-2010 at 05:20 PM..

Old 06-24-2010, 05:16 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,192,276 times
If you live in civilization....get thee out in the real world and meet people you would in every day circumstances. Otherwise you are hiding in a pretend world. I actually met someone on a "friend" site, not dating site and while he was hottt and a great family man/Dad he had more anal lube than an Adam & Eve catalog!!!! Didn't know that til we went out a couple of times...........He was a real pain in the arse! (k, no pun intended)

I say just get out in your reality and be as open as you might be behind the wall of your flat screen! You can weed people out a lot faster looking them in the eye versus hiding behind chat. Besides you'll save a heck of a lot of wasted time and hopes!

Old 06-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,662 times
your a cool person and you aint bad lookin'. i wouldnt bother with match

butttt if you insist, dont be one of those chicks that makes a giant checklist of what shes looking for. word it into a nice paragraph and dont be ultra specific. dont make it too long either! best way to get advice on this is write something, post it here then let people critique

Old 06-24-2010, 06:08 PM

3,261 posts, read 5,305,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
your a cool person and you aint bad lookin'. i wouldnt bother with match

butttt if you insist, dont be one of those chicks that makes a giant checklist of what shes looking for. word it into a nice paragraph and dont be ultra specific. dont make it too long either! best way to get advice on this is write something, post it here then let people critique
I think himain's problem is going to be weeding through all the men in order to find one she likes, not getting them to respond.

Just to be clear, I know nothing about online dating, but maybe she does need to have a lot of criteria. She can afford to be picky, can't she?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships