Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 11:22 AM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Actually, men's sexual prime hits in the late teens, early 20s. Women's sexual prime hits around the mid 30s. If you stop to think about reproduction, quality and quantity of sperm and how it declines over the years, how it takes longer for men to recover between rounds of sex as they get older, and what happens as a woman heads into perimenopause, you'll see that it makes evolutionary and biological sense.

Estrogen declines before testosterone. This combination has physiological effects on women's bodies that can change sexual enjoyment for the better (i.e., thinning of vaginal wall, which means better G-spot response--a lot of women simply can't find or feel theirs until their estrogen starts to decline). It also makes a woman randy, as you gents with all of your testosterone would understand. That's nature's way of "programming" her to go for the strongest, most virile partner in a last reproductive gasp. This would be a young partner who can provide multiple rounds and the greatest quantity of healthy sperm to ensure the greatest chance of fertilization.

Now, once menopause hits, many women can't be arsed with sex at all. Both estrogen and testosterone are pretty much gone, and they can take the sex drive with them.

There are exceptions and extenuating circumstances, of course. A young woman who has gone through surgical menopause who is with a hot guy she loves and with whom she has always had a good sex life might not lose interest. Her body may change, but she's still going to want it in her head, and as they say, the mind is the best sex organ. Likewise, a 55-year-old who has always had a good sex life will probably still enjoy it--especially given the changing circumstances of the rest of her life (no kids at home means more time and energy). Across the board, many post-menopausal women enjoy it more because they no longer have to deal with birth control or worry about getting pregnant.

Sorry to sound so clinical. It's what I do.

That's true, men might peak a little earlier. But for how horny they are young, considering everything else, there still going pretty strong up until about forty. Relatively speaking. I am 35 and I've noticed a slight drop off, but I can still go two sometimes three times a day. Of course that's assuming I have some timely breaks inbetween.

Now from my own personal experience in the last couple of years. Women in their forties seem as horny or hornier than women in their twenties or thirties. Mind you, I am not a girl but this is what I have seen from my experience. I have quite a few friends who are dating forty somethings and they rave about their desires. I think women in there forties are much more liberal now. Definately not afraid to go after guys, and claim that they love sex. Which I think is great. I am dating someone in their thirties now. She likes sex, but kids hers and mine can be draining. I think what helps women (non biological) is the fact that by forty, most kids are grown up and don't have to be watched like they do when they are kids and they find "that sexual being" that they can be, all over again. It's hard to want sex sometimes when your juggling work, kids, and other social obligations.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 12:59 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,266,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
That's true, men might peak a little earlier. But for how horny they are young, considering everything else, there still going pretty strong up until about forty. Relatively speaking. I am 35 and I've noticed a slight drop off, but I can still go two sometimes three times a day. Of course that's assuming I have some timely breaks inbetween.

Now from my own personal experience in the last couple of years. Women in their forties seem as horny or hornier than women in their twenties or thirties. Mind you, I am not a girl but this is what I have seen from my experience. I have quite a few friends who are dating forty somethings and they rave about their desires. I think women in there forties are much more liberal now. Definately not afraid to go after guys, and claim that they love sex. Which I think is great. I am dating someone in their thirties now. She likes sex, but kids hers and mine can be draining. I think what helps women (non biological) is the fact that by forty, most kids are grown up and don't have to be watched like they do when they are kids and they find "that sexual being" that they can be, all over again. It's hard to want sex sometimes when your juggling work, kids, and other social obligations.

Sure, the light often goes on in a woman's 40s. She stops caring so much about pleasing the world and bending over backwards to do for others, and starts making herself and her own happiness a priority. Plus, she's already established in her career, and might also have some money to toss around on fun.

Some women catch on to this earlier, but there's a reason they say that life begins at 40.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships