Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times

Advertisements

Do you ever notice how some people who claim to be "so real" are really the most fake? Like this is something I'm noticing for the first time. And it's pissing me off I so blind to this! You know how there's some people who pride themselves on the fact that they "keep it real" or they "tell it like it is" and they have the type of personality that is supposedly "down to earth". And the people around them always gives them props for being a real chick, a real dude. But tell me why these popular people are NEVER questioned for their antics? You know the behind-the-scenes sloppiness that goes on in their lives?

Tell me how can a gold-digger be real? She has all the personality traits of a "real" chick. But in her behind-the-scenes sloppiness, she stays hunting for rich men, sex them, make them buy her everything she wants, dumps them, and then she moves on to the next guy. Is she still real? Does she still have that status?

Or the "real" dude. The serious macho-type home bro, who always tells you exactly what he feels or thinks and all the girls love him because of his "realness" and "rudeness". But in his behind-the-scenes slopiness, he stays on steroid and drugs, has a drug dealing business, gets boozed up drunk at nightclubs, and has unprotected sex with various women. Wakes up in the morning and has no clue if he has contacted an STD. Is he still real? Does he still have that status within his male circle? Even though he never brings it up?

It trips me the freak out how these supposed "real" people are within our male and female circle of friends and we don't even know it! Because of their "so real" personality, we cover up things we know about them so that we can stay friends and stay cool with them for whatever reason. But when it comes to you, they still get to judge and condemn what you do or what your friends do. As long as the spotlight is not on them and their lives, everything is peaches and cream. But when it's you? All hell breaks loose. I for one, have had enough of these creatures infiltrating my life. It's time for a complete cleansing from these viruses. I need them out of my bloodstream and I suggest for your sake and sanity, you do the same! Hear hear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 09:49 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
/lol

When you get older I suspect this will be less of a problem.

It's kinda like watching reality shows...

Number one rule....

The more a women proclaims she is classy.. the less so... /rofl

Old 06-25-2010, 09:57 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,148,552 times
I don't have friends like that. Hence I don't have many friends.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
The correct term for that kind of person is hypocrite. With that said, if one has to tell others they are 'real' chances are very good that they are not - and they know it.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:59 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,303,767 times
Yeah, one of my sister's friends is like this. Of course, she's not the first fake person I've ever met, but she's definetly one of the ones who thinks she so "real" and "honest". Basically she's just b*tchy and rude to people for no reason other than a judgement about them popped into her head. And lying-- I guess by "real" she just means a rude b*tch who can still lie, though. Ugh.

"Real" is just a filler word or a word that means "I'm really cool."

Old 06-26-2010, 12:49 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,427,891 times
Personally, I wouldn't trust anybody who is that fake. I wouldn't want to have them as friends.

Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 AM

1,413 posts, read 3,231,682 times
Substitute the word "real" for "religious". If someone has to tell you how holy they are, grab your wallet.
Same with "realness'. Its either apparent with out notification or its not. Real, that is!

Old 06-26-2010, 02:22 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,552,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you ever notice how some people who claim to be "so real" are really the most fake? Like this is something I'm noticing for the first time.

It trips me the freak out how these supposed "real" people are within our male and female circle of friends and we don't even know it! Because of their "so real" personality, we cover up things we know about them so that we can stay friends and stay cool with them for whatever reason. !
Welcome to the world of social masks.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:48 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliefille View Post
Substitute the word "real" for "religious". If someone has to tell you how holy they are, grab your wallet.
Same with "realness'. Its either apparent with out notification or its not. Real, that is!
Very true. And the same goes for people that talk about how "open minded" and "tolerant" they are. Put forth an opposing viewpoint and see how they take it...

Watch out for folks that are self congratulatory.

Old 06-26-2010, 06:03 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
The correct term for that kind of person is hypocrite. With that said, if one has to tell others they are 'real' chances are very good that they are not - and they know it.
Amen brother. Your actions/conduct will show how "real" you are as opposed to telling someone you're so real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Do you ever notice how some people who claim to be "so real" are really the most fake? Like this is something I'm noticing for the first time. And it's pissing me off I so blind to this! You know how there's some people who pride themselves on the fact that they "keep it real" or they "tell it like it is" and they have the type of personality that is supposedly "down to earth". And the people around them always gives them props for being a real chick, a real dude. But tell me why these popular people are NEVER questioned for their antics? You know the behind-the-scenes sloppiness that goes on in their lives?

Tell me how can a gold-digger be real? She has all the personality traits of a "real" chick. But in her behind-the-scenes sloppiness, she stays hunting for rich men, sex them, make them buy her everything she wants, dumps them, and then she moves on to the next guy. Is she still real? Does she still have that status?

Or the "real" dude. The serious macho-type home bro, who always tells you exactly what he feels or thinks and all the girls love him because of his "realness" and "rudeness". But in his behind-the-scenes slopiness, he stays on steroid and drugs, has a drug dealing business, gets boozed up drunk at nightclubs, and has unprotected sex with various women. Wakes up in the morning and has no clue if he has contacted an STD. Is he still real? Does he still have that status within his male circle? Even though he never brings it up?

It trips me the freak out how these supposed "real" people are within our male and female circle of friends and we don't even know it! Because of their "so real" personality, we cover up things we know about them so that we can stay friends and stay cool with them for whatever reason. But when it comes to you, they still get to judge and condemn what you do or what your friends do. As long as the spotlight is not on them and their lives, everything is peaches and cream. But when it's you? All hell breaks loose. I for one, have had enough of these creatures infiltrating my life. It's time for a complete cleansing from these viruses. I need them out of my bloodstream and I suggest for your sake and sanity, you do the same! Hear hear!
If you're real, you don't have to brodcast it. It shows in your conduct. People learn more about you through your actions than words. I don't bother telling people how real I am, I let them watch how I get down regularly. This way I won't look crazy by acting one way and proclaiming to be another.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships