Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2007, 09:49 AM

1,226 posts, read 3,645,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Absolutely correct! You get numb from the neck down...and you can't even feel them peel the flesh from your bones! It's a win win situation!
Thank you, I feel sooooo much better...
Ok, but here's the deal: I prefere cold water when I go swimming. The colder the better. And now this??
Sigh...Ok. So, there are both spiders and sharks in Alaska. But, Rance is there too. Yeah, ok
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2007, 10:06 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,823,601 times
You will have no trouble finding cool waters to swim in. If you go in the evening...the water feels really warm!

Old 07-06-2007, 12:10 PM

7,136 posts, read 12,671,921 times
The two of you are just so adorable! I love reading your posts. Thanks again for allowing us to share your happiness.

Take care,
Dee

Old 07-06-2007, 12:13 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Quote:
Absolutely correct! You get numb from the neck down...and you can't even feel them peel the flesh from your bones! It's a win win situation!
Gee, Rance...thanks for the visual.

On the upside...most of us are already numb from the neck UP!

Old 07-06-2007, 09:23 PM

3,494 posts, read 14,379,719 times
is it just me, or does anyone else think Johnathan of the Time Bandit, on Deadliest Catch on DISC channel reminds you of Rance??????????

Old 07-06-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
is it just me, or does anyone else think Johnathan of the Time Bandit, on Deadliest Catch on DISC channel reminds you of Rance??????????

Last edited by Rance; 07-06-2007 at 10:05 PM..

Old 07-06-2007, 10:03 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellestaroftexas View Post
I love that show !

And the new Alaskan one too - Ice Road Truckers, I think?

Anyway, are Rance and Johnathan long lost twins? Hmmm....

No, I don't think so. They are both great-looking men, can't take anything away from them there. But aside from the similarity in, shall we say, "haircuts", I don't think they look too much alike.

But Rance, if the ladies start calling you "Johnathan", you might have to consider losing the mullet.......!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:07 PM

No way! I'd have braids if I could grow it long enough!

Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,453,643 times
Quote:
No way! I'd have braids if I could grow it long enough!
As long as Johnathan doesn't do the same, you're in the clear then .

A single long straight braid looks great on a man...I haven't seen one of those in a while (the braid, not a man ).

Old 07-06-2007, 10:37 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,784,224 times
Hi, Rance and Hannah

In a way, you are literally worlds apart --- however, since the two of you BOTH decided to meet in person, it shows an interest in each other that most people don't have.

I don't diminish the differences, however, it is best to focus on what is similar. You both seem to have wild, independent spirts. Rance was willing to travel that far to take a chance. Hannah is considering Alaska to at least visit.

The reality is that if both people "click" and get a long well, it will never matter from which corners of the earth from which they came! If there truly is mutual interest and attraction, then you are both farther ahead than many people in this world.

The University of Alaska in Anchorage gives degrees in Psychology (Hannah's interest). That will probably be no problem.

Rance, I have no idea how far you are from the university, but Hannah could easily attend the university in Anchorage.

If you really DO have a physical/emotional/love connection, then it is definitely possible to make this relationship happen. If, on the other hand, one person is not sure or just really feels this is not the right path, then a good friendship can endure a lifetime -- and even outlast horrible relationships that either one of you may experience.

My best to both of you -- love, relationships, geography -- they can be difficult to navigate. If both of you really do feel a connection, then time, nor space, can break it!

I wish the best to both of you -- whether apart or together. This is a magnificent example of two souls who have met and will always be together in one way or another.

Blessings and best wishes to each of you!!

Sincerely,
Wisteria
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships