U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-27-2010, 07:06 PM
 
5,879 posts, read 8,434,017 times
Reputation: 2753

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannack315 View Post
"How many times have you been married?" "How many guys have you slept with?"

I haven't considered that. Your correct, men do have tests of their own. But those two questions are very personal and most men wouldn't dare ask a girl during their first conversation. However Its perfectly socially acceptable for a women to ask a man what he does for a living and where he lives upon meeting him. If a guy asks a girl that, he's likely just making conversation. If a woman asks a guy while he's hitting on her, most likely its an alternate way of saying "how much money do you make?" Its not a big deal. I can understand why a woman would want to make sure she isn't getting involved with a lazy or poor guy.

Anyway, the only reason I said that in the first place is because I was exploring the reasons why a guy would be reluctant to approach. For some men its a feeling of financial inadequacy.

Oh and I've slept 0 men. Scratch that.. -7 men. That's right, I'm so strait I'd have to sleep with 8 guys just to be gay.
I am trying to stick up for us dudes in this man emasculating thread bro!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 82,368,517 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Times change, people change.
A 180-degree change in a year...? I think it's unlikely, but if you say so...

What are ya on ...?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 07:43 PM
 
26,994 posts, read 34,754,341 times
Reputation: 24588
What is so wrong about walking tall, standing up straight and looking people in the eye?

Really I am good at what I do at work, I have good friends. I am independent to a fault, all in all I am proud of who I am. I can smile at a pretty woman and not think twice about it. I try to be easy to talk to and outgoing. But I am not afraid to speak my mind or make a stand.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Bradenton, Florida
27,236 posts, read 43,320,183 times
Reputation: 10991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Many men seem unable to approach women due to severe anxieties. That's why all of these dating gurus exist.

Men who are afraid to approach women in public places cannot possibly have a high level of confidence.
Maybe it's not fear, but simply knowing that there's no benefit in doing so.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:09 PM
 
5,879 posts, read 8,434,017 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
What is so wrong about walking tall, standing up straight and looking people in the eye?

Really I am good at what I do at work, I have good friends. I am independent to a fault, all in all I am proud of who I am. I can smile at a pretty woman and not think twice about it. I try to be easy to talk to and outgoing. But I am not afraid to speak my mind or make a stand.
Neither are the rest of us buddy! It is just another he said, she said thread and we all know it. The common sense theory is women who are not approached either are giving off a I'm a b**** leave me alone vibe or not worth approaching!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 08:21 PM
 
Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 18,593,722 times
Reputation: 9361
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
The only guys I really encounter who claim to have such low self esteem are on this forum. It's the Internet that allows these people to find each other. I don't know any dudes in real life who have so many issues.
Same here. But even if it's true, it's no higher than female low self-esteem, I'll bet. The pressures society and the media place on females and people in general to look perfect has helped increase this. That's my guess. If you buy into that crap, you too can acquire low self esteem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:06 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 5,284,389 times
Reputation: 3860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
Why do males in America suffer from such low confidence? This includes approaching women as well.

Men have fought battles, built planes, built skyscrapers but seem afraid to approach women that stems from a lack of confidence in themselves.
Perhaps one of the reasons for low confidence is that the majority of men do not, in fact, fight battles, build planes or design skyscrapers (except in video games), yet have been raised in an atmosphere of entitlement, with the belief that they should get something merely because they really, really want it, that desire alone -- not effort or aptitude -- should produce results. It's certainly been my experience that men who are, in fact, accomplished do not tend to have low confidence. Some of them are shy and introverted, but that's not the same as a lack of confidence. The right approach then, guys, would be to go and accomplish something, instead of trying to convince women that they should worship the ground you walk on just because your genitalia is the same as Einstein's. It sucks, of course, that it takes about 10,000 to get really good at something, but I promise you, if nothing else, the experience will put things in perspective and diminish your need for validation from people who are unworthy of you.

Oh, in case I haven't made it clear -- claiming credit for the achievements of others on the basis of gender is a HUGE turn-off. Not trying to add to your anxieties here, just giving you some good-faith advice from the perspective of someone who's heard that whole "we built the world" pitch on several occasions: when you attempt to awe a woman with a laundry list of things that other men have done, you are only underscoring your own lack of accomplishment. In other words, you are persuading her that she should go sleep with someone else.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:52 PM
 
5,879 posts, read 8,434,017 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Perhaps one of the reasons for low confidence is that the majority of men do not, in fact, fight battles, build planes or design skyscrapers (except in video games), yet have been raised in an atmosphere of entitlement, with the belief that they should get something merely because they really, really want it, that desire alone -- not effort or aptitude -- should produce results. It's certainly been my experience that men who are, in fact, accomplished do not tend to have low confidence. Some of them are shy and introverted, but that's not the same as a lack of confidence. The right approach then, guys, would be to go and accomplish something, instead of trying to convince women that they should worship the ground you walk on just because your genitalia is the same as Einstein's. It sucks, of course, that it takes about 10,000 to get really good at something, but I promise you, if nothing else, the experience will put things in perspective and diminish your need for validation from people who are unworthy of you.

Oh, in case I haven't made it clear -- claiming credit for the achievements of others on the basis of gender is a HUGE turn-off. Not trying to add to your anxieties here, just giving you some good-faith advice from the perspective of someone who's heard that whole "we built the world" pitch on several occasions: when you attempt to awe a woman with a laundry list of things that other men have done, you are only underscoring your own lack of accomplishment. In other words, you are persuading her that she should go sleep with someone else.
Yeah, but the guys who have see his point and cut him a little slack!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 09:54 PM
 
Location: NYC area
3,486 posts, read 5,284,389 times
Reputation: 3860
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RUGGED4YOU View Post
Yeah, but the guys who have see his point and cut him a little slack!
Great, maybe those guys can be his girlfriends then.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2010, 10:12 PM
 
5,879 posts, read 8,434,017 times
Reputation: 2753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
Great, maybe those guys can be his girlfriends then.
Not I, said the fly!LMAO.........
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top