Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 10,869 times

Advertisements

A big group of us all went out this weekend and it was the first outing where my boyfriend of 3 months (we have already done the whole "I love you" thing) and my best friend were to meet. There were probably about 10 of us at a concert. My friend and I were the only 2 girls.

Anyway, so we all went out he got completely hammered and this was the first time I have seen him drunk and he was hanging on my best friend, telling her how sexy she is, and other inappropriate things. My friend was not inappropriate at all, she was tipsy, but still she is my best friend.

His friends even joked with me saying "he clearly is not interested in you anymore." Mind you we are in our late 20's early 30's...it was super embarassing. Should I just break - up with him and cut my losses or talk to him about it?

Is this normal?

Thank you for your advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 03:35 PM

7,364 posts, read 14,672,442 times
Disrespecting me like that would be a deal breaker. Being drunk is no excuse - the alcohol just removed his ability to censor himself. Now you know what he really thinks...

Old 06-28-2010, 03:37 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
Dump him.

Old 06-28-2010, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 10,869 times
I feel like an idiot as I honestly thought he might be the one. I never felt this way about anyone.

Ugh... is there any good guys left ??? Not gay or married??

Old 06-28-2010, 03:57 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,683,373 times
You are not an idiot. He's just another lesson learned to you becoming fully actualized. LOL! But I honestly believe -- drunk or not -- if he were really crazy about you he wouldn't have been pawing your friend. And this is just a taste of how life would be with him......

Old 06-28-2010, 04:22 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,468,786 times
Flirting - no big deal. Hanging all over her - big deal. Sounds like he was over the top there. You can discuss it with him and establish what you both find acceptable and agree on what is okay and what is not. Or, you can throw it away without any attempt to work it out - that's the way people seem to treat relationships now, rather than put any effort into communication and compromise.

Different people have different limits and expectations, of course.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:22 PM

751 posts, read 1,673,559 times
Innocent flirting I've heard can be harmless but what this guy did was disrepectful to you.I'd dump him like quick.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:26 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,808,411 times
Sounds like you moved WAY too fast. Three months is still getting to know eachother. The "i love you" and marriage thoughts shouldn't come for at least a year. Things like this are like the divorce rates are so high.
If your friend is smokin' hot and he was tanked then i'd maybe let it slide, if not then he may just be a tool.

Old 06-28-2010, 04:40 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,230,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
Flirting - no big deal. Hanging all over her - big deal. Sounds like he was over the top there....
I agree. A little innocent flirting with your best friend might only mean that he's accepting her as a friend because she's your friend. If, as you say, he was hanging on her and making inappropriate advances, that's way too much. And as has been said, drunkenness is no excuse -- not ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
... If your friend is smokin' hot and he was tanked then i'd maybe let it slide, if not then he may just be a tool.
She already said they loved each other. You need "smokin' hot" on top of that?

If he's the love of your life (so far), I'd talk to him about it and make sure he knows that kind of behavior is not acceptable to you. Strike One!

Old 06-28-2010, 04:48 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,104,727 times
I have 2 issues with his behavior:

flirting is ok in my book, hanging and drooling over the line

DRUNK is a major no no much worse than hanging and drooling over a friend. There was no excuse for him to get "hammered". It's inexcusable and sends much more warnings to me than his drooling over your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships