Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:39 PM

690 posts, read 2,108,905 times

Advertisements

Ugh...this is so frustrating. I'm actually upset because some guy isn't calling me tonight like he said he would. And I'm 29...I'm just a little bit too old to get upset over something like that. I'm pretty sure he's not calling because I acted weird and nervous when we went to lunch today (first time out). I showed absolutely no confidence. And I'm too old to be that nervous when I go out with people.

I do that every time I go out with a guy I like. I'm starting to wonder if I should start dating guys I don't like, since I don't get nervous around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 07:45 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjohnson4381 View Post
Ugh...this is so frustrating. I'm actually upset because some guy isn't calling me tonight like he said he would. And I'm 29...I'm just a little bit too old to get upset over something like that. I'm pretty sure he's not calling because I acted weird and nervous when we went to lunch today (first time out). I showed absolutely no confidence. And I'm too old to be that nervous when I go out with people.

I do that every time I go out with a guy I like. I'm starting to wonder if I should start dating guys I don't like, since I don't get nervous around them.
If today was the first meeting, I`m sure that he had to understand that you would have been a little nervous. Why don`t you just give him a quick call? Let him know that you were nervous today, but don`t bring up the fact that he hasn`t called you.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:50 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:

Hahaha, that's so great. It's very normal to act like this. Heck I'm 32 and still get all excited. In vision you guys have been friends for years! And that you are a bud instead of a date. Laugh if you will but it works. And it takes the ease off of both of you.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:20 PM

It's not normal to get as nervous as I do, I don't think. I could barely make eye contact and I said one stupid thing right after another. And then I actually started talking about how uncomfortable I was.

I got the impression that he wasn't interested, because he acted totally calm the whole time. And not excited to be hanging out with me or anything. But then he asked if he could call me this weekend and I said okay (I know they all say that, so I didn't get too excited). But then he said he wanted to be more specific and asked if it would be okay to call me this afternoon or tonight. And he hasn't called. Even if he does call at this point, I would interpret it as a booty call. It's getting late.

Oh, well. I guess it's time to move on. I have no idea why I'd want to be around someone who makes me nervous, anyway. I'd be much better off with someone I'm comfortable with.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:51 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,696,595 times
Ok, you probably blew it. Forgive yourself. I was once so nervous with a guy I behaved just as you describe. I was 52 years old and had been single a couple of years. Many married and dating years behind me and I acted like a 13 year old girl at her first summer camp dance. It sometimes happens. Actually, not a terrible idea to have some practice date with guys you are not wild about. You might have a really nice time, gain some skills & confidence. Glad you are analyzing this episode to think about how to improve & go forward.....there's a smart gal!

Old 07-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
Ok, you probably blew it. Forgive yourself. I was once so nervous with a guy I behaved just as you describe. I was 52 years old and had been single a couple of years. Many married and dating years behind me and I acted like a 13 year old girl at her first summer camp dance. It sometimes happens. Actually, not a terrible idea to have some practice date with guys you are not wild about. You might have a really nice time, gain some skills & confidence. Glad you are analyzing this episode to think about how to improve & go forward.....there's a smart gal!
Thanks! I'm not happy to hear that I'll probably still act this way at 52, but I guess that's life.

I've been trying to think of something that I've learned from this experience. It's usually easier to write off an embarrassing/uncomfortable experience if I can think of way that the experience improved me. And I finally came up with a lesson I learned...I should not date guys that I feel insecure around. I felt insecure because he was good-looking, had a good job, and was really confident. If we actually did date, I'd probably constantly wonder if he felt like he could do better. I don't want to worry about that kind of thing.

Old 07-02-2010, 09:49 PM

16,224 posts, read 25,677,349 times
Quote:
Thanks! I'm not happy to hear that I'll probably still act this way at 52, but I guess that's life.

I've been trying to think of something that I've learned from this experience. It's usually easier to write off an embarrassing/uncomfortable experience if I can think of way that the experience improved me. And I finally came up with a lesson I learned...I should not date guys that I feel insecure around. I felt insecure because he was good-looking, had a good job, and was really confident. If we actually did date, I'd probably constantly wonder if he felt like he could do better. I don't want to worry about that kind of thing.
Meh...regardless of how good looking they are, or how good of a job they have, they still put their pants on the same way that you do!
You hold your head up, and smile alot. Try not to worry about how you act, or what you say so much, as to just being yourself. I know that the first dates can be a bit nerve racking, but you also have to go into thinking to yourself.."Ya` know. This is me. This is the way I am."

Old 07-02-2010, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Meh...regardless of how good looking they are, or how good of a job they have, they still put their pants on the same way that you do!
You hold your head up, and smile alot. Try not to worry about how you act, or what you say so much, as to just being yourself. I know that the first dates can be a bit nerve racking, but you also have to go into thinking to yourself.."Ya` know. This is me. This is the way I am."
Thank you.

Old 07-03-2010, 12:25 AM

5,879 posts, read 9,255,370 times
Quote:

Most guys like me like nervous women. We don't want a huff and puff ball breaker that barks instead of purrs!LMAO........ Some women give off the "you will bow at my feet and lick my toe jam you azzwipe of a man"!LMAO...... Not cool at all and most decent guys worth having will agree.

Old 07-03-2010, 06:45 AM

15,971 posts, read 9,390,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
If today was the first meeting, I`m sure that he had to understand that you would have been a little nervous.
True. Nothing wrong with cutting the other person some slack on being nervous at the first meeting.

mjohnson, maybe he was nervous too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships