Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 10:45 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times

Advertisements

I'm actually dating a guy who tells me that I look exactly like his ex-girlfriend. Well this is interesting. I bet I'm nicer than her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 10:46 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,585,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
So are the planes alike at least?
I wish.... I do plan on taking some aviation courses ( I live around an airport) because it would be nice to be able to fly to LA in a few hours in a little Cessna. I really just hate Airports and all the BS security they make you go through. Then the food SUCKS! Just saw a report that they found roaches, mice and other bugs in the food prepping areas.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
I wish.... I do plan on taking some aviation courses ( I live around an airport) because it would be nice to be able to fly to LA in a few hours in a little Cessna. I really just hate Airports and all the BS security they make you go through. Then the food SUCKS! Just saw a report that they found roaches, mice and other bugs in the food prepping areas.
When was the last time you flew...? What food? What prep areas?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM

2,412 posts, read 5,084,618 times
I'm confused Sierra did you marry the kid from 90210, or Did your look alike?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I'm confused Sierra did you marry the kid from 90210, or Did your look alike?
So far I haven't married kids. Life is young, though!

Old 07-05-2010, 04:55 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,433,444 times
I just realized something very, very weird. Several months ago, I posted a picture of a hot model from Brazil, his name is Renatto Ferreira, right? So yesterday, I came upon a new picture of him showing only his face. Suddenly I realized, that his face is almost a replica of a guy I dated a little over a year ago, who's name I don't even remember!

What is my brain doing to me???

Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,888 times
My X is with his 'type' which I wasn't. He likes emotionally weak women whom he can dominate and I'm not that woman. He's a good guy but I was his equal and he really didn't want that in a partner. He said he met his match when he got involved with me but after 2 1/2 yrs I realized we were on a merry go round and I had enough.

However my man is pretty similar to my X but he's an upgrade and has all the pieces my X was missing. Everything that I wanted to change about my X my man is that improved version. My man is EVERYTHING I've ever wanted in a guy and I'm grateful to have him.

My man X girlfriend and I favor looks wise but not personality. My personality is like his 1st wife whom he married young and wasn't mature enough to handle that type of commitment. After his 2nd wife and the X girlfriend I guess he begged to get a woman who was like his 1st wife because he's at the point in his life that he would appreciate a good woman. I have the looks ,personality, values, morals, etc. that his 1st wife possessed. So he got his wish and he's not taking it for granted as he knows just like with the 1st wife if he doesn't do his part, I'm out the door.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:32 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,270,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by email_lover View Post
A friend of the family was married and divorced five times over a 20 year period. Each time she told my Mother that "next time" she would go for a different kind of man. But each time we met her new man he was a clone of the guy she just divorced.

So how was your new lover in relation to your old lover? How about your EX, did he or she end up with someone just like you? Looks, personality, background, education, etc.
My exes tend to end up with a "poor man's version" of me: Similar, but with buck teeth, stringy hair, a whiny voice, or a clingy, weak attitude. At least that's what my girlfriends tell me when they see the women. "She's like a down-graded version of you" or "You, only dumb." Who knows? My buddies could be feeding my ego.

My current man is the polar opposite of my ex-husband. Different interests, different attitude about life, different demeanor, different tastes (except for me), far more stable, responsible, and competent, more adventurous in matters best not discussed on a PG-13 forum, and about 10,000 times snarkier. About the only things the two have in common would be their love of birds, their atheism, and voting for the same guy for president (but most likely for different reasons).

Old 07-05-2010, 07:48 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
I'm actually dating a guy who tells me that I look exactly like his ex-girlfriend. Well this is interesting. I bet I'm nicer than her.
Becareful he doesn't yell her name! j/k lol Temptation I'm happy for you.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:27 PM

622 posts, read 1,665,844 times
I found out a psycho ex of mine ended up dating another girl named Alicia after I broke up with him. He drove past my house for moooonths after I told him to leave.. he was crazy obsessed with whatever it was I was doing with my life. My assumption was, he was doing some searching for "Alicia in Fort Lauderdale" or something like that, hoping to find out more information about me after I left him, on some sex sites.. adult friend finder, and other trashy places I found out he had created profiles on while we were still together..

That really freaked me out.. he was full of class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships