Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 12:00 PM

2,618 posts, read 6,161,377 times

Advertisements

I could probably pick out annoying things about many of the girls I went out with, even girls I liked...

I had a girl that would end every story telling sentence with "blah blah blah"

One girl asked me the same "serious question" that she asked me on the first date that was only a week prior. Her question was where I stood on religion. She asked it and worded it the exact same way as the first time. This is how I knew she was going on WAY too many dates at once.

This same girl also wouldn't shut up about how much she liked small towns and the sense of community they have. Definitately brought this up on more than one date, which is fine, except we live in downtown Chicago.

I've had two different girls introduce me to their friends on the first date. 1st girl asked permission and said they were only a couple blocks away, so I played along not to sound like a dbag. Second girl just informed me she already talked to her friends and they were on their way upon me returning from the bathroom.

I had one girl explain to me she was 28 and lived with her parents her entire life because she was full blood italian and that italian women don't leave the house until marriage.

One girl did nothing but btch about her job for hours, but would always state "but I love it".

Another girl who was a med student was watching the way I walk and "accused" me of hyper extending my knees when I walk. I think I had thanked her...?

A girl told me on date #1 that her ex boyfriend used to live with her, and every night after they had sex, he'd go into the bathroom and masturbate. Not even hide it, he'd just grab a mag and do it immediately after sex.

One girl told me she cries at some point during all movies, and can't watch scary movies because she gets too scared to leave the house.

I was on the phone with a girl I was dating in college, and we found out we were both born the exact same day (same year, same day, same age). Freaked us both out and we never spoke to each other again.

A girl I was in a LTR with in college wanted to go hang with her friends on friday night and I had something planned with mine. I said we'll just go our separate ways tonight and maybe meet up later. She then informed me "I'm not having sex with you if I don't spend the whole night with you" right in front of her friends. We stayed together, but I had ignored her for two weeks and had written her off, but I gave it another shot (mistake).

I'm sure there's plenty more I just can't think of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 12:20 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
I went on a first date with a guy who took me to an expensive dinner, then proceeded to tell me he was unemployed. Then he took me to the movies and used gift certificates/coupons to pay. Then he took me to target to roam around the store. lol

The weirdest thing was that he took me to the intersection where his wife had been killed in a car accident about a year and a half before - and proceeded to tell me the whole story of his life with her, and her death. Weird.

Old 07-01-2010, 12:44 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,100,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Here, I want to keep it PG 13:

Brazillian Thong Model
Marge Simpson
Raspberry Jello Pudding
Philadelphia Cream Cheese

My date involved all those things...you put it together what played out.

OMG, your date had blue hair?

Old 07-01-2010, 03:25 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I don't think I could top filihok...but this girl I dated, we'd gone on a couple dates (hadn't gotten too far). So when I was driving her home we had one of those awkward pauses she says out of the blue "My dad's a cop and lets me fire guns at the shooting range. One time the hot shell casing went down my shirt and got underneath my bra. There's a very noticeable scar next to my nipple"
That was a hint for you to look. The spent case would have had a hard time getting down a tight fitting bra when the ejector and extractor throw it out and away. They get hot but not hot enough to cause a permanent scar. They aren't glowing red hot if that is what you want to know. Geez, noobs!LOL........

Old 07-01-2010, 03:34 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
From a guy who has had that happen down a LOOSE t-shirt collar hundreds of times in a lifetime! No scars yet. She was creative, I will give her that though.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:36 PM

4,533 posts, read 8,337,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Here, I want to keep it PG 13:

Brazillian Thong Model
Marge Simpson
Raspberry Jello Pudding
Philadelphia Cream Cheese

My date involved all those things...you put it together what played out.
I'll take a stab at it.

You saw Marge in the grocery store, so you thought it would be funny to put Raspberry Jello Pudding and Philly Cream Cheese on her blue hair. You were just putting the final touches on really messing her hair up when she took out her makeup mirror and saw what you did. She caught you in the act and then took a giant swing at you with her hair full of the Pudding Cheese concoction that it got all over you. You went to the bathroom to wash it off and just before you got there, you ran into that Brazilian Thong Model you had seen the previous 5 times in the grocery store and have been wanting to ask out, sees you, screams and runs out the doors.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:47 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,994,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
I'll take a stab at it.

You saw Marge in the grocery store, so you thought it would be funny to put Raspberry Jello Pudding and Philly Cream Cheese on her blue hair. You were just putting the final touches on really messing her hair up when she took out her makeup mirror and saw what you did. She caught you in the act and then took a giant swing at you with her hair full of the Pudding Cheese concoction that it got all over you. You went to the bathroom to wash it off and just before you got there, you ran into that Brazilian Thong Model you had seen the previous 5 times in the grocery store and have been wanting to ask out, sees you, screams and runs out the doors.
I was thinking more that Marge Simpson and the Model wrestled in a vat of pudding and cream cheese while he watched.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:44 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Although this does not qualify as a "date," I do recall a strange encounter when a friend introduced me to a guy she knew. She had shown him my picture and he was interested in meeting me so she arranged it. I met him at her church and we all went out to eat afterwards. We exchanged numbers and this guy called me the next morning telling me that he was happy to have met me and would I be interested in going out with him. I called him back and left a message. We talked that night and the guy kept prefacing his comments with "if we were to get married" ... I'm like slow down dude, I just met you yesterday. He even made the statement that "if we were to get married, you are going to tell your friends that he can't keep his hands to himself and you'll say it with a smirk on your face" I wasn't even physically attracted to him yet. Where's the barfing icon when you need it?!

He called the next morning telling me how I was a "swell gal". He called several times that night and when he got a hold of me, I allowed him to do most of the talking as I was exhausted from work. In the conversation he said so many bizarre things that I was literally taken aback. When discussing vacations, I mentioned that I enjoy cruises. He cannot handle cruises as he gets seasick so I stated no biggie as I can just go with my girlfriends. He replied that he did not believe in separate vacations (we only met two days prior!).

At one point, he asked me if my skin was sensitive, I was puzzled at what he was referring to so I asked him for clarification. He then asked if I bruised easily. That really crept me out and I got off the phone with him fast!

I ended up emailing him and telling him to stop calling as he called morning and evening for the next three days (which I refused to answer). Totally freaked me out! He stopped calling but a year later, I got a message from him where he sounded all depressed or drunk and saying "I'm so sorry ... I should have been more patient with you..." I'm like WHAT?! I just ignored the call and he finally got the hint. Thank GOD!

Old 07-01-2010, 08:31 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,712,491 times
I went into Gold's Gym to sign up for a membership and got asked out on a birthday blind date for the salesperson's friend. I guess I was supposed to be his gift??

Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
The dates I've gone on have been pretty normal, but I've turned down some weird date requests. One guy asked me out and when I asked what he planned he said he wanted to shop for new shoes (for himself) and stop at Home Depot for other household items he needed.

I declined the "date" in favor of staying home and doing my taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships