U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 10:54 PM

5,879 posts, read 8,683,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
lol guys... I was talking more in terms of old, crappy appartment with broken furniture, dirty sidewalks, dogs ****, somewhat smelly, thin walls, feels like your neighbor sleeps next to you etc... No dangerous neighborhood... if YOU were a guy from the upscale areas she was used to (that is who she used to work with and date), would it matter where she lives? guys be honnest...
No, I work in some of the worst of the worst. Dog s*** on the floor, critter infested crawlspaces and attics, broken out windows, cat p*** all in the carpet and smells like ammonia etc... etc... You name it, I have seen it. That still doesn't matter for the right gal!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 PM

4,379 posts, read 4,992,623 times
Quote:
My childhood friend and I are moving from an upscale neighborhood to a low-income neighborhood to keep our rent low. Until we get back to our former living standard she has decided not to engage in any form of relationship claiming that her new living condition is gonna be a turn off for a date Does this make any sense? Would any guy out there feel that way? Would you mind picking up a beautiful and sexy woman (she sure is) and take her on a date, if she lives in a low income neighborhood?
No, I wouldn't.

My values are those of culture, and it wouldn't gel.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Ryder View Post
It wouldn't matter to me. Most of the neighborhood's in my home town are safe. The neighborhood's where I live are relative crime free, and many of the people in our area carry concealed firearm's, so it will probably stay crime free.
My town I live in is fine but the four I work in aren't the best!LOL....... Many of us including me have a valid CCW as well!

Old 07-01-2010, 11:14 PM

It is just like anywhere though. This is right downtown and in a bad section of these cities. You go elsewhere out of "the hood" and it is normal. When you get out in the county or out of the city limits you are fine too. Ladies, if you want to live in the hood make sure you at least have a good steel door and heavy duty locks with a deadbolt. A dog never hurts either. You can stop there or go even further if your little heart desires! I would recommend using the phone as much as possible to let your date know you are coming before you just show up as well.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM

11,869 posts, read 15,980,308 times
Quote:
lol guys... I was talking more in terms of old, crappy appartment with broken furniture, dirty sidewalks, dogs ****, somewhat smelly, thin walls, feels like your neighbor sleeps next to you etc... No dangerous neighborhood... if YOU were a guy from the upscale areas she was used to (that is who she used to work with and date), would it matter where she lives? guys be honnest...
I'm a female, but I think personal space says a lot about a person. There's not a whole lot you can do about the neighborhood surrounding you, but inside your apt should be presentable.

If it smells - that's gross. If furniture is broken - that's lazy. If the sidewalk up to your door has dog poop on it - that's unsanitary.

These things can be fixed, and should be, IMO. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't expect someone else to tolerate it.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:22 AM

73 posts, read 196,678 times

with you on that. For some reason the other post focus on safety. This is not an unsafe area, just not fancy as the one she was used too... pool, green lawns, 5+ bedrooms etc... And she is going to SHARE A BEDROOM with me I think that is what pisses her off most... not me, but the roomie situation, she thinks she is too old for that she has a very independent mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
I'm a female, but I think personal space says a lot about a person. There's not a whole lot you can do about the neighborhood surrounding you, but inside your apt should be presentable.

If it smells - that's gross. If furniture is broken - that's lazy. If the sidewalk up to your door has dog poop on it - that's unsanitary.

These things can be fixed, and should be, IMO. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't expect someone else to tolerate it.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:54 PM

IMO, people who make fun of a man or woman living in anything less than the Tage Mayhal should just call gold diggers anonymous! You are shallow and rotten to the core!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:06 PM

This comes from a guy who sees the fanciest houses in the nicest neighborhoods with NOTHING inside of them and a BMW, Mercedes, Porsche parked in the garage that DON'T pay their bill! The elderly widow in the normal neighborhood that doesn't have two nickels to rub together ALWAYS does! You can't buffalo me!LOL........

Old 07-02-2010, 07:40 PM

3,337 posts, read 6,689,938 times
I know some people that still live in my old hood in North Jacksonville who are well-educated with advanced degrees. They don't want to leave the hood/project apartments because in their words, they get free food stamps and have to pay very little to nothing in taxes

Old 07-02-2010, 07:44 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,938,353 times
That's so sad. She's so embarrassed by the area she is moving to that she's not going to date so she can hide it? That just makes me feel sad for her- what if she meets someone really fantastic and he doesn't give a hoot about how much she has, or where she lives, he just wants to know her, as a human loving being ????

Sad that she thinks that matters. Another glimpse at how society is hung-up on materialistic, superficial, and keeping up with the Jones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships