U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 06:53 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,993,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCurlybelle View Post
That's so sad. She's so embarrassed by the area she is moving to that she's not going to date so she can hide it? That just makes me feel sad for her- what if she meets someone really fantastic and he doesn't give a hoot about how much she has, or where she lives, he just wants to know her, as a human loving being ????

Sad that she thinks that matters. Another glimpse at how society is hung-up on materialistic, superficial, and keeping up with the Jones.
It has always been that way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 06:58 AM

4,379 posts, read 4,993,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
lol guys... I was talking more in terms of old, crappy appartment with broken furniture, dirty sidewalks, dogs ****, somewhat smelly, thin walls, feels like your neighbor sleeps next to you etc... No dangerous neighborhood... if YOU were a guy from the upscale areas she was used to (that is who she used to work with and date), would it matter where she lives? guys be honnest...
it may.

The physical state of a person's dwelling can tell a lot about that. Untidiness denotes being disorganised, which whilst per se is not bad, may be problematic for others.

Broken furniture, dirty sidewalks, dog poop, smelly walls, these could put a lot of people off. though to be fair, it may depend on the person and his/her own values and attitudes.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 AM

6,952 posts, read 21,428,704 times
If the neighborhood is not dangerous and the person lives in a tidy place, I'd date him. I rehab residences in low to moderate income neighborhoods and they look so beautiful inside I can't imagine anyone would be put off dating a buyer of my property. Its how the inside looks in terms of taste and cleanliness that counts!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:56 AM

4,941 posts, read 7,906,264 times
Quote:
My childhood friend and I are moving from an upscale neighborhood to a low-income neighborhood to keep our rent low. Until we get back to our former living standard she has decided not to engage in any form of relationship claiming that her new living condition is gonna be a turn off for a date Does this make any sense? Would any guy out there feel that way? Would you mind picking up a beautiful and sexy woman (she sure is) and take her on a date, if she lives in a low income neighborhood? Does where a woman lives diminishes her in your eyes?? Sounds rather insecure to me because I am not talking about any dangerous area where you could get shot in the head for hanging out late at night
Sounds like your friend is insecure and perhaps a little judgemental herself. I mean, if she is willing to sever her dating life because of where she lives, then perhaps she would judge a man if he were in the same position.

If a man judged me by where I lived, he would be history. It shouldn't matter if it's the most exclusive part of town or the worst, I am still the same person.

Old 07-03-2010, 10:07 AM

2,788 posts, read 4,819,962 times
Quote:
My childhood friend and I are moving from an upscale neighborhood to a low-income neighborhood to keep our rent low. Until we get back to our former living standard she has decided not to engage in any form of relationship claiming that her new living condition is gonna be a turn off for a date Does this make any sense? Would any guy out there feel that way? Would you mind picking up a beautiful and sexy woman (she sure is) and take her on a date, if she lives in a low income neighborhood? Does where a woman lives diminishes her in your eyes?? Sounds rather insecure to me because I am not talking about any dangerous area where you could get shot in the head for hanging out late at night

I live in a apartment building that some would call not so great looking.
But I decided to make the most of it.
I painted my walls, new furniture, did a total make-over in my apt. I do have to say everyone who comes into my apt likes it. Home is where you make it,
My boyfriend lives in a better apt complex than me, but I do have to say mine on the inside looks newer than his does.
I hope your friend has a differnt attitudes because im sure lots of men wouldnt hold where she lives against her..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships