Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 06:53 PM

73 posts, read 208,599 times

Advertisements

My childhood friend and I are moving from an upscale neighborhood to a low-income neighborhood to keep our rent low. Until we get back to our former living standard she has decided not to engage in any form of relationship claiming that her new living condition is gonna be a turn off for a date Does this make any sense? Would any guy out there feel that way? Would you mind picking up a beautiful and sexy woman (she sure is) and take her on a date, if she lives in a low income neighborhood? Does where a woman lives diminishes her in your eyes?? Sounds rather insecure to me because I am not talking about any dangerous area where you could get shot in the head for hanging out late at night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2010, 06:56 PM

11,864 posts, read 17,001,935 times
Tell her to watch Pretty in Pink.

Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
am i gonna get shanked in the street outside her place?

cuz that could be a dealbreaker

Old 07-01-2010, 07:12 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2000 View Post
My childhood friend and I are moving from an upscale neighborhood to a low-income neighborhood to keep our rent low. Until we get back to our former living standard she has decided not to engage in any form of relationship claiming that her new living condition is gonna be a turn off for a date Does this make any sense? Would any guy out there feel that way? Would you mind picking up a beautiful and sexy woman (she sure is) and take her on a date, if she lives in a low income neighborhood? Does where a woman lives diminishes her in your eyes?? Sounds rather insecure to me because I am not talking about any dangerous area where you could get shot in the head for hanging out late at night
No, I wouldn't care about that. Some of the hell holes I go into while on the job can't be much worse. We are talking hookers on corners, gunshots in the immediate area, drug deals in broad daylight etc..etc.. The right person would make me no difference.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:34 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,716,798 times
That's definitely not something I've ever worried about. I may not expect the guy to walk me home or visit late at night if it's dangerous, but beyond that I don't see why it's a big deal.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:49 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
It wouldn't matter if she lived in the ghetto because I used to live in the inner-city so she would be able to identify in a sense. If she's the right one, so be it

Quote:
We are talking hookers on corners, gunshots in the immediate area, drug deals in broad daylight etc..etc
You described my old North Jacksonville neighborhood to a T

Old 07-01-2010, 08:59 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthsideJacksonville View Post
It wouldn't matter if she lived in the ghetto because I used to live in the inner-city so she would be able to identify in a sense. If she's the right one, so be it

You described my old North Jacksonville neighborhood to a T
And watching out the window for guys like me to pull up and get out of the truck to go inside. "I'm gonna get dat foo"! "Oh s*** he got a 3' Rigid cast iron pipe wrench"! "Maybe not, next"! LMAO.......

Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM

157 posts, read 574,551 times
If the roles were reversed, and I was a single gal, where my 'date' lived wouldn't bother me in the least.

Why should it? Either I like you or I don't, who gives a tinker's cuss where you live?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:29 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,107,360 times
It wouldn't matter to me. Most of the neighborhood's in my home town are safe. The neighborhood's where I live are relative crime free, and many of the people in our area carry concealed firearm's, so it will probably stay crime free.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 PM

73 posts, read 208,599 times
lol guys... I was talking more in terms of old, crappy appartment with broken furniture, dirty sidewalks, dogs ****, somewhat smelly, thin walls, feels like your neighbor sleeps next to you etc... No dangerous neighborhood... if YOU were a guy from the upscale areas she was used to (that is who she used to work with and date), would it matter where she lives? guys be honnest...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships