Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 07:51 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,352 times

Advertisements

If I notice a girl staring at my husband, I usually stare at her with my eyebrows raised and my husband ignores her until she looks away. It's not that I'm not ok with him looking at other girls, or that I'm afraid if she keeps looking at him he's gonna run over and ask her out/take her to a hotel. Or even that I'm not ok with her sneaking a glance. But staring and trying to catch his eye when I'm standing right there? I consider that slutty and extremely disrespectful. I won't tolerate it. Simple as that.

It would never go as far as flirting, believe me.

I mean, I know he can and would handle it. But woman to woman: leave, before you find out how hard it is to flirt with missing teeth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 08:40 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
I'd probably enjoy watching my wife handle it, whichever way she decided to -- smacking the guy with her hand or lips. If she wants my help, she knows how to get it, and I'd be happy to "rescue" her. Otherwise I don't interfere. We'd probably laugh about it later.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:43 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
Step in and get involved if you see someone flirting with/coming on to your significant other,and try to stop it or would you stand back and let your significant other take care of it themselves? I mean what would you do?

My boyfriend lets me take care of it myself.
One day we were at the bar and the bartender kept flirting with me, it was a female and she was hot, but my boyfriend knows Im completely straight and he thought it was funny, So I made a joke of it and told him I should lower my blouse and I bet we would get free drinks for the rest of the nite, If there was a situation where he needed to step in he would, I dont care if other women look at him, I'm like yeah he's hot and he's mine. But I know he wont let them take it to far.

Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 AM

2,788 posts, read 5,092,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsong64 View Post
If I notice a girl staring at my husband, I usually stare at her with my eyebrows raised and my husband ignores her until she looks away. It's not that I'm not ok with him looking at other girls, or that I'm afraid if she keeps looking at him he's gonna run over and ask her out/take her to a hotel. Or even that I'm not ok with her sneaking a glance. But staring and trying to catch his eye when I'm standing right there? I consider that slutty and extremely disrespectful. I won't tolerate it. Simple as that.

It would never go as far as flirting, believe me.

I mean, I know he can and would handle it. But woman to woman: leave, before you find out how hard it is to flirt with missing teeth.

OMG I love this post..

Old 07-03-2010, 09:53 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Who cares? Let her flirt. I'm attracted to women that are naturally flirty and fun, and far be it for me to put an end to that.

I'm sure if I was with her she'd be the type of woman to be respectful and know boundaries. I'm confident enough in myself, it wouldn't bother me. Plus, I've never really been worried about what other d00ds say or do.

Offer someone freedom, and you will be surprised at just how hard they fight to maintain your trust.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:01 PM

1,241 posts, read 1,895,471 times
It depends.
My mom always taught me that a man knows how to turn off advances if he wants to do so. I practice leaving it up to the man because if he respects and values me he knows how to say I'm not interested in action and words to the other party.
What does ruffle my feathers are these sneaky b*tch*s who keep eyeing your man at different times then acting like they aren't doing it and waiting for you to disappear and they come and try to talk to him. That pisses me off because it's just straight fowl. Don't get me started on years ago when people walked in together or were together at a venue that meant OFF LIMITS but the world is all jacked up now.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatgirl007 View Post
It depends.
My mom always taught me that a man knows how to turn off advances if he wants to do so. I practice leaving it up to the man because if he respects and values me he knows how to say I'm not interested in action and words to the other party.
What does ruffle my feathers are these sneaky b*tch*s who keep eyeing your man at different times then acting like they aren't doing it and waiting for you to disappear and they come and try to talk to him. That pisses me off because it's just straight fowl. Don't get me started on years ago when people walked in together or were together at a venue that meant OFF LIMITS but the world is all jacked up now.
Why does that matter? That would make me sick too. When I'm with somebody I'm WITH somebody. No other woman on else matters, at least on a sexual matter.

I guess I wouldn't want a d00d hitting on my SO....but it's up to her. I'm not going to punch some guy out. I know how to fight anyway, what's the point unless I find out it would be some sort of challenge.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,269,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASweetGirl4U2Know View Post
Step in and get involved if you see someone flirting with/coming on to your significant other,and try to stop it or would you stand back and let your significant other take care of it themselves? I mean what would you do?
He'll handle it. And how. He's good at radiating indifference without being mean or rude.

Old 07-12-2010, 12:36 PM

2,013 posts, read 3,547,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I've heard that some women are just naturally flirtatious--and don't mean anything by it. It's completely innocent.
I see nothing innocent about flirting with someone right infront of their SO.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:09 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I don't like my own answer but here's what I'd do I suppose, because this is what happened.

This was about 20 years ago. My then-husband and I were at a store check-out. As he handed the cashier money, she took his hand in her left hand and with her other, very slowly put the change in his hand, dragging her hand across his when she let go of it. I was so stunned I couldn't even speak. She was giving him this come-hither look, gaze fixed on him with a little smirk. She was probably about ten years older than us. I didn't know whether to laugh (not because of her age) or be jealous. LOL So I just asked him what that was about after we left--I wouldn't give her the satisfaction of showing jealousy in front of her. He looked just as stunned as I was. I wish I were witty sometimes. I did feel a twinge of jealousy, insecurity, I dunno, but I'd love to have said something sarcastic funny to her as I walked off, grinning.

I probly would have made a "poor scary cougar" remark, loud enough for her to hear on the way out, along with a laugh to let her know how pathetic she just looked doing that to some guy who was obviously there with a girl!

the nerve of some people.... EWWW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships