Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,625,697 times

Advertisements

1.) Go out and buy a William Hung CD

2.) Offer to give them a ride

3.) Slip in your new CD and play "She Bangs" over and over and over

4.) Problem solved
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:00 PM

2,788 posts, read 5,090,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
LMAO, this is the funniest post I've read in long time, thanks for making me laugh

That is way too funny,,,

Old 07-06-2010, 07:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
I just started a new job, and typically get out around 11:30 or so at night. I commute so its about a half hour drive. Lately I've gotten a few coworkers asking for rides, or wanting to carpool. One of which is a semi-creepy guy. I've said 'no' both times when asked, but I'm just afraid they're going to push the issue and try to pressure me.

What is a direct, but nice way to say 'no'? The first time I said I couldn't go out of my way because I see really poorly at night and didn't want to get lost. The second time I kind of stumbled over my words and told him (the creepy guy) that I had somewhere to go (which was partly true).

How do you handle people trying to impose on you?
Do what your thread title says.
BTW, how do these people get to work?

Old 07-07-2010, 09:22 PM

1,581 posts, read 3,297,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Do what your thread title says.
BTW, how do these people get to work?
They get rides. It seems to me that after working for several years somewhere they would either a) move closer to work or b) find a job where they live.

Several days after my post I had another coworker ask indirectly for a ride. I just ignored her and pretended I didn't know what she was getting at. But I haven't had a problem with the creepy guy again, so I'm thankful for that

Old 07-08-2010, 03:04 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,818,189 times
What I find interesting in this conversation is the several suggestions to lie......what else do you guys lie about in your lives? Life is simpler without the lies.

Just say no and leave it at that. No further explanations needed.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:47 PM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
I just started a new job, and typically get out around 11:30 or so at night. I commute so its about a half hour drive. Lately I've gotten a few coworkers asking for rides, or wanting to carpool. One of which is a semi-creepy guy. I've said 'no' both times when asked, but I'm just afraid they're going to push the issue and try to pressure me.

What is a direct, but nice way to say 'no'? The first time I said I couldn't go out of my way because I see really poorly at night and didn't want to get lost. The second time I kind of stumbled over my words and told him (the creepy guy) that I had somewhere to go (which was partly true).

How do you handle people trying to impose on you?
Hi AllAboutEve,

Who needs to be nice? If you want to be nice, shave your head and eat a few pounds of deep fried potatoes every day. You should see results within months.

This is another case where reality conflicts with you PC sensibilities. Remove those PC sensibilities as one washes bug juice off a windshield and see clearly. Before this unisex interchangeable world, it would be perfectly understandable for a young woman to reject car pooling intimacy from certain male individuals along with any other sweaty, grinding "incidental" contact aka my hand is in your crotch "as a friend".

Most people will get it, and those that don't just make me recall all the things that can be done with a running chain saw... You can give it some gas to drown out what some pin head is saying...You can wave it around maniacally...You can brandish it a a weapon...or even saw their new puppy in half when they don't get the message...

Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Other deterrents would be keeping a couple of bags of trash in your car... right on top of the passenger seats. Or sprinkling dog and cat hair on the upholstery. Just until they stop asking you for a ride.

This thread reminds me of when I worked as a cook at a Mexican restaurant. Towards closing, the other cooks would get all restless and start talking about their need to catch the last bus. Finally, one of the managers would give them taxi money to stay. But after work, they were always picked up by car by one of their buddies. So the taxi money probably turned into beer money.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
I am a biker type of guy, and all the time other people want me to do all sorts of things I have 0 interest in doing like fixing things for free. I get a bit more interest fixing things for pay, but this doesn't set well with some folks.

I don't know why.

I am busy, and when they want want want, I ask them how that feels?

I see no reason you can't place your hands on your hips, tip your head over at a slight coy angle and say No, I don't want to, and if you do, just how does that feel?

Next i would ask what kind of car the creep has and then tell him you hate those cars since they don't have a vibrator molded into the seats.

About now the guy will be standing there with his tail down in the crack of his a$$, so toss him a biskit and say fetch. Stand tall and strut away as if he doesn't even exist. (shake it baby shake it) That will stick the daggers of death in the creeps heart, an if not it is very fair to call him stupid.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:52 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I am a biker type of guy, and all the time other people want me to do all sorts of things I have 0 interest in doing like fixing things for free. I get a bit more interest fixing things for pay, but this doesn't set well with some folks.

I don't know why.

I am busy, and when they want want want, I ask them how that feels?

I see no reason you can't place your hands on your hips, tip your head over at a slight coy angle and say No, I don't want to, and if you do, just how does that feel?

Next i would ask what kind of car the creep has and then tell him you hate those cars since they don't have a vibrator molded into the seats.

About now the guy will be standing there with his tail down in the crack of his a$$, so toss him a biskit and say fetch. Stand tall and strut away as if he doesn't even exist. (shake it baby shake it) That will stick the daggers of death in the creeps heart, an if not it is very fair to call him stupid.
You too? It figures, when you can fix stuff everybody (including people who hate you) are your friend!

Old 07-08-2010, 05:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Yeah when I was a foreign car tech it was wicked. I couldn't get out of a shop at a party. My car does........ bla bla bla. College wanna be doctors were the worst. I hit them up on what's wrong with you there are 2 models, and these only come in a few colors. On the other hand this year just volvo has 46 models and I must know them all, and everything else on wheels too. circa 76'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships