Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 03:12 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,306,909 times

Advertisements

I have been asking myself this question lately and I don't seem to find any strong reasons for wanting to be in relationship. I am 33, single, no children, I have a couple female friends who are, lets say a bit more than just friends and if I ever need a date, I invite one of them, we go out, do everything like couples do and it works out just great. I travel at least once every 2 weeks, and when I want to travel by myself, I can go, have a good time like I did 3 weeks ago, without having to hear any BS or nagging from any woman. What would be the advantages of being in a relationship?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 03:15 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
We dont all nag or spout BS, you might be running with the wrong women?

Old 07-03-2010, 03:23 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,323,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have been asking myself this question lately and I don't seem to find any strong reasons for wanting to be in relationship. I am 33, single, no children, I have a couple female friends who are, lets say a bit more than just friends and if I ever need a date, I invite one of them, we go out, do everything like couples do and it works out just great. I travel at least once every 2 weeks, and when I want to travel by myself, I can go, have a good time like I did 3 weeks ago, without having to hear any BS or nagging from any woman. What would be the advantages of being in a relationship?
If you're so happy doing what you do, why do you care about the advantages of a relationship or not? Some people actually want a relationship, some don't. It's not for everyone.

I do find it interesting the ones who ask or b*tch about this type of issue are the ones who secretly wish they were in a relationship.......just sayin'.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:26 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,618,410 times
The most obvious answer is that a casual relationship that includes sex can often become much more important to a couple if they have deep feelings about each other and they begin thinking about the future and the fact that they don't want to lose what they have. Your OP seems to suggest that your female friends aren't all that important to you and can easily be replaced. I also doubt if they know about each other. I guess it depends on what is important to a person. If the concept of falling in love and really having someone there for you ever becomes more appealing you may find that your priorities could change.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:27 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,545,163 times
Quote:
You have friends with benefits and from your point of view theres currently none. When these women move on bc they do have an interest in an exclusive relationship, whats the game plan...finding other friends with benefits?

Old 07-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We dont all nag or spout BS, you might be running with the wrong women?
It is not just that, it the whole idea of having to report to the other person everything you do and why you are doing it. I can understand why a person who is in a relationship would want to know what the other person is doing but I get so tired of it sometimes.

My last relationship, sometimes, I would make plans for the weekend, when Fri night came, she would be like, I am sorry but I am not feeling well, etc, then I would have to spend my entire weekend in misery. Also, it sucks when you need to get something done and your partner is just not a reliable person.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:33 PM

52,197 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Got a fabulous and simple solution to the aforementioned problem.

Don't be in a relationship.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:38 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,983,411 times
Quote:
It is not just that, it the whole idea of having to report to the other person everything you do and why you are doing it. I can understand why a person who is in a relationship would want to know what the other person is doing but I get so tired of it sometimes.

My last relationship, sometimes, I would make plans for the weekend, when Fri night came, she would be like, I am sorry but I am not feeling well, etc, then I would have to spend my entire weekend in misery. Also, it sucks when you need to get something done and your partner is just not a reliable person.
I dont have to report to my SO, but then again, he is over 800 miles away.
Seriously though, if the partner is unreliable, the the lines of communication need to be opened, and matters discussed in a mature manner.
Just a for instance, I mentioned to my SO a couple of weeks ago that I needed to get copies of my birth certificate and divorce records when I go home to see him in August.
Lo and behold, certified copies showed up in the mail this afternoon, I didnt ask him to get them, he went and did it for me....but then again, it could have been because I am only going to be in Missouri for 2 weeks, and he didnt want to have to go to the courthouse with me.....
Just an example of what a REAL relationship is like, I know I can always depend on him.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:42 PM

Also, I don't know many people who are extremely happy in their current relationships, especially the ones who are married and have children.

Most men end up marrying and having children because the woman pressures them into doing it, and because they are weak-minded and many can't get anything else, they end up giving in.

I don't know many single men who would beg their girlfriends to marry them, except some real losers.

Old 07-03-2010, 03:43 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times
Quote:
Why? Because she is getting what she wants at least once a day and so am I!LOL..... I also need someone for companionship and love that my friends cannot provide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships