Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 06:52 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,247,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelwoman View Post
OK, TKramar, then why the hell don't you just get a damn hardline telephone. That way you waiste no minutes.

Plus, I don't have minute usage. Like I said, I have a really cheap Cricket. The only thing available to that phone is unlimmited talk & text (the 2nd is without a doubt a disposable.)

Haha, I get it. If you're in a closet with a murderer in the house, texting might come in handy. But on the other hand, just keep a gun near you like I do & all the problems are solved by Rebel once again. haha

Jessie
Yeah, cell phones are overrated!LOL...... And I think I am about one of the last of people I know that even uses their land line phone anymore! Or at least daily!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 07:20 PM

389 posts, read 776,612 times
I do it like the old (old old old) days. I keep a 9-MM under my pillo, a pistil on my nightstand, a colt revolver in my holster, & a couple more 9-MM's in my purse. What the hell's wrong with whipping out one of those suckers when a rapist comes up behind me?

& I have a hardline phone on my kitchen counter that I pay no more than $20 a month on. My Cricket phone cost 35 a month, & I only have that for emergencies. If someone calls me on my cell & it's not an emergency, I say "Look, I'm busy bringin' the cows 'round. If this ain't urgent, I'll call ya on the house phone once I get home."

Did I mention I carry a pocket knife? hahahaha, I don't need no cellphone. Neither does anyone else if they just think about it.

Jessie

Old 07-04-2010, 07:24 PM

1,602 posts, read 4,158,204 times
I still have a land-line, but I use it for my DSL. Soon DSL is going to be like dial-up, a thing of the past. lol !

Old 07-04-2010, 07:26 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Yeah...,but if it ain't an emergency, don't even call me in the first place. And if it IS, call 911, not me. Not that will do you much good either.

Old 07-04-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Yeah...,but if it ain't an emergency, don't even call me in the first place. And if it IS, call 911, not me. Not that will do you much good either.
Yeah, but if you dial 911 for the PD I just hear it on the scanner anyway!LOL........

Old 07-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Look, I ain't about to tell my 60 year old mother to call 911 if she needs me to clean up another one of her ****ty relationships with her step daughter or if she's dealing with something else personal like that. I want her to call me, & that's why she (like the wrest of my family & friends) has both of my numbers: my house phone & my cell.

I always tell her "Mama, you call me on my house phone first. If I don't answer that on the first call, try my cell." I always answer either one. If I don't answer my hardline, she knows I'm out in the fields & she calls me on the other one.

Yes by all means they should call 911 if they're in a house fire or backed up in a hold up. But if it's one of the many family issues that my Mama & sisters rely on me to handle, then I want them calling (not texting) me. Does that sound sensable?

Jessie

Old 07-04-2010, 07:47 PM

I let people handle their own problems.

But if they need me to pick up a gallon of milk on my way home, they don't have to call me to do it. The ONLY person who ever contacts me that I'll answer for is a girlfriend. Otherwise, I won't even pick up my phone. I don't like having people call me, and I don't voluntarily give out my number unless it's work or a girlfriend.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:22 PM

Quote:
OK, TKramar, then why the hell don't you just get a damn hardline telephone. That way you waiste no minutes.

Plus, I don't have minute usage. Like I said, I have a really cheap Cricket. The only thing available to that phone is unlimmited talk & text (the 2nd is without a doubt a disposable.)

Haha, I get it. If you're in a closet with a murderer in the house, texting might come in handy. But on the other hand, just keep a gun near you like I do & all the problems are solved by Rebel once again. haha

Jessie
I have a landline--I never answer it. It's not for people to call in, it's for me to call out. Same thing with the cell phone. I have a specific ringtone for my room mate calling me, and that's the only person I'll talk to. She rarely calls, she knows I prefer her to text.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM

Hey TKramar.

Good for you Baby Boo. You probably wouldn't be able to rough it (in other words: live without your dear & precious texting cellphone.) That's what I call a soft ass.

Sorry, I ain't tryin' to beat up on ya, but it clearly shows that many many many people these days are way too hung up on their damn cellphones & facebook pages. Just like the comercials on TV who say "Call now" with a 1800 number on the bottom of the screan started saying "Call Now, or Visit us Online," pretty soon they're gonna start saying "or you can Befriend us on facebook" or "text us now" or "See our totally embarrassing video on Youtube & respond that way." Even Divorce Court has a Facebook page now! What the hell!

Why can't you just be simple? Keep a hardline telephone at home & a cheap cellphone that is call accessable (that's it,) keep a desktop computer to research if you need to & entertane yourself now & then, & a TV in the living room for the same purpose. Were you blown away? Are you gagging & crying & holding on to your electronics for dear life? Yeah, I'm sure most other people are too.

Jessie

Old 07-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Hey TKramar.

Good for you Baby Boo. You probably wouldn't be able to rough it (in other words: live without your dear & precious texting cellphone.) That's what I call a soft ass.

Sorry, I ain't tryin' to beat up on ya, but it clearly shows that many many many people these days are way too hung up on their damn cellphones & facebook pages. Just like the comercials on TV who say "Call now" with a 1800 number on the bottom of the screan started saying "Call Now, or Visit us Online," pretty soon they're gonna start saying "or you can Befriend us on facebook" or "text us now" or "See our totally embarrassing video on Youtube & respond that way." Even Divorce Court has a Facebook page now! What the hell!

Why can't you just be simple? Keep a hardline telephone at home & a cheap cellphone that is call accessable (that's it,) keep a desktop computer to research if you need to & entertane yourself now & then, & a TV in the living room for the same purpose. Were you blown away? Are you gagging & crying & holding on to your electronics for dear life? Yeah, I'm sure most other people are too.

Jessie
Nah, there is only one Rugged on CD. Very-very rugged and a Timex watch in a digital world. Many of the tricks I know about the business and fixing things they don't even teach you that stuff in technical school anymore. I learned from guys who were there when we quit selling coal and working on Ford model T's and A's. You take away some of these kids just starting out gadgets and meters and they can't hardly do anything. It's like using a halo torch to check for leaks. Most guys quit using those over 20 years ago. I keep the real skill and talent alive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships