Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 12:10 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You can fit a head in there....at least it comes out that way...
A child's head's a lot smaller. Plus the skull hasn't fully hardened.

If you can fit something the size of a bowling ball in there, it should make shoplifting a lot easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 02:41 PM

635 posts, read 1,704,546 times
Remember, men know how to lie and they will lie nicely until they get what they want. Women, you really can't be that naive can you?

Old 07-07-2010, 07:11 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,804,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
And how is that being upfront? That IS what you advocated, correct?
Yes but I don't want her to think as a girl toy.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
A child's head's a lot smaller. Plus the skull hasn't fully hardened.

If you can fit something the size of a bowling ball in there, it should make shoplifting a lot easier.
I was joking.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:55 AM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samston View Post
Well the situation is so (and fleshed out in greater detail):

- I met a woman several months ago, she and I talked a lot since then.

- She seems nice, but she has a son and as I said before now, I don't connect with kids much. If we ever got serious, then I would have to be in the kid's life somewhat, and I couldn't handle that.

- I like her though, and find her attractive, and whilst I couldn't be in a romantic relationship with her, I would not mind a no strings thing with her.
Really? You wouldn't "mind"? So just ask her if she wants a f***buddy...cuz that's all you're offering.

Quote:
I feel a bit bad since I don't just want to be out to get in her pants, but I would like to be with her some way, since she seems like a nice person.

Does this make me a dog? I am thinking I should just be honest and say what I want, before anything goes any further. It's fair on all parties involved.
My earlier statement stands. The fact that she is a mother, is completely unrelated to what you are asking. If you are now saying that you don't want to have sex with her, and just be friends...then fine. Be friends. I suspect you will get much further with her, emotionally, than you ever anticipated.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:13 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,533,269 times
Quote:
Say you met a single mother, who you liked, but did not want a relationship with, but just wanted sex with. How would you go about this?
Go for it. You could be daddy to her next child. Maybe she could use another child support payment.

Men who use women often end up used themselves.

Good luck with this.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:49 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,382,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Go for it. You could be daddy to her next child. Maybe she could use another child support payment.

Men who use women often end up used themselves.

Good luck with this.
how am i using?

Old 07-10-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Really? You wouldn't "mind"? So just ask her if she wants a f***buddy...cuz that's all you're offering.

My earlier statement stands. The fact that she is a mother, is completely unrelated to what you are asking. If you are now saying that you don't want to have sex with her, and just be friends...then fine. Be friends. I suspect you will get much further with her, emotionally, than you ever anticipated.
what is wrong in that?

Why is it somehow sacrilege to say one doesn't like children? Is this the basis of the ire here? What is wrong in meeting somebody, getting to know them, realising that a serious relationship wouldn't work but settling for something less? I consider that honourable and not dog-like. Why enter a relationship that is unfair on both parties?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:39 PM

37,608 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
what is wrong in that?

Why is it somehow sacrilege to say one doesn't like children? Is this the basis of the ire here? What is wrong in meeting somebody, getting to know them, realising that a serious relationship wouldn't work but settling for something less? I consider that honourable and not dog-like. Why enter a relationship that is unfair on both parties?
I said nothing about it being "somehow sacrilege to say one doesn't like children". What I find perfectly ridiculous is that you find this chick that you are attracted to, and you like her, and then find out she has kids...so you'd like to offer her a no-strings sexual relationship since you don't want to be bothered with the kid thing.

"Settling for something less" is what I suggested. Be her friend. Seriously. Unless she is desperate, I doubt she would want anything more than friendship with someone that finds her children to be dealbreakers, relationship-wise. How is it that you do not see this?

Old 07-10-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
I said nothing about it being "somehow sacrilege to say one doesn't like children". What I find perfectly ridiculous is that you find this chick that you are attracted to, and you like her, and then find out she has kids...so you'd like to offer her a no-strings sexual relationship since you don't want to be bothered with the kid thing.

"Settling for something less" is what I suggested. Be her friend. Seriously. Unless she is desperate, I doubt she would want anything more than friendship with someone that finds her children to be dealbreakers, relationship-wise. How is it that you do not see this?
to me, children are a dealbreaker. I can't help what I like and dislike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships