Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Brian, grown ups are talking right now, run along and play with your friends. Oh wait, you don't have any friends...never mind.
I almost spat out my coffee I was laughing so hard

Old 07-07-2010, 09:07 AM

557 posts, read 1,353,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
So, no time for sex then? Because by the time she is done with working 9-5 and then coming home and cleaning and cooking and taking care of the children, she will have no interest in boning you. I guarantee you.
If I have all of those responsibilities, you better believe she will have it equally. Women want equality, have at it.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:08 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalan View Post
I think they are looking for a submissive woman who they can control, and treat like crap. They expect that these women will continue to treat him like he is a king no matter what.
I feel that these type of men are chavanistic and actually are pretty pathetic.
It's not that. We just don't want any drama or anyone who's manipulative.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:09 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
If I have all of those responsibilities, you better believe she will have it equally. Women want equality, have at it.
Somehow I have a feeling you'll just dump everything on her.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:10 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
Those are usually just lonely usually Older guys who can't seem to meet anyone. I sort of feel sorry for them.
It's not that we can't meet anyone, we just don't want the drama.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Somehow I have a feeling you'll just dump everything on her.
Ouch.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,737,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post
Asian women for the most part work hard at a job 9-5, cook, clean, take care of the children...they are , again for the most part, what every hard working American man wants and needs. They are family oriented and gracious, intelligent and successful. Their culture breeds positive energy and strong work ethic. Then look at the culture here for middle to upper class married women; generally snooty , wanting the ridiculous luxury SUVs that reduce visibility, arrogance, prude, no work stay at home moms, general sense of entitilement, hair and nails done is the highlight of the day...you get the idea.
Have you met a lot of Asian women because your ideas are way off the mark.

In New Zealand there is a huge Asian community, mainly Korean, Chinese and Phillipinos. Part of their culture is the grandparents care of the children while both parents work. They may be hard working but boy, are they ambitious and ruthless. They work their men to the bone and they don't put up with any crap.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:21 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,398,602 times
Quote:
I really think you are stereotyping and quite honestly incorrectly too. Not sure where you live, but most Asian women I've met in NY ((I'm talking about those I've met personally) are very career driven and independent and not family-oriented at all. In fact, they REBEL against the stereotypes like yours of being this perfect housewife who is there to clean, cook and take care of the children. You ARE stereotyping and your stereotype is outdated.
It's actually quite the opposite for me. What upsets me the most is that American men (generalizing) thinks Asian American women less valuable than East Asian women because of their own reasonings. That's not true. My Asian friends are very family-oriented, but they are also very career driven and independent. We may be "Americanized" according to American men, but we still have a strong passion to help and serve our families. We still have a strong passion to preserve our culture in America as well. It doesn't mean we're a "better" Asian group or anything. It does means we are trying to balance the American culture and our culture altogether.

I've been living in Mpls my whole life, and I have seen that the older generation (those who are in their 20s and 30s) are more family-oriented (and very career driven) than the younger generation. They're striving to complete the highest education they can and may have a little less family-oriented mindset, but they don't completely abandoned their families. It may not be true, but my experience makes it true. Honestly, I feel that living in America will change (and has change) our mindset on families, education, and independence. You'll likely to see more Asian women who are not family-oriented and have successful career. It doesn't limit other family-oriented women. They have a successful career also.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trnsplntfrmNV View Post
Originally Posted by BriInNH
Asian women for the most part work hard at a job 9-5, cook, clean, take care of the children...they are , again for the most part, what every hard working American man wants and needs. They are family oriented and gracious, intelligent and successful. Their culture breeds positive energy and strong work ethic. Then look at the culture here for middle to upper class married women; generally snooty , wanting the ridiculous luxury SUVs that reduce visibility, arrogance, prude, no work stay at home moms, general sense of entitilement, hair and nails done is the highlight of the day...you get the idea.

No, not sterotyping he has met my stepmother
I missed this...LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvang View Post
It's actually quite the opposite for me. What upsets me the most is that American men (generalizing) thinks Asian American women less valuable than East Asian women because of their own reasonings. That's not true. My Asian friends are very family-oriented, but they are also very career driven and independent. We may be "Americanized" according to American men, but we still have a strong passion to help and serve our families. We still have a strong passion to preserve our culture in America. It doesn't mean we're a "better" Asian group or anything. It does means we are trying to balance the American culture and our culture altogether.

I've been living in Mpls my whole life, and I have seen that the older generation (I'm not talking about parents but those who are in their 20s and 30s) are more family-oriented (and very career driven) than the younger generation. They're striving to complete the highest education they can and may have a little less family-oriented mindset, but they do not completely abandoned their families. It may not be true, but my experience makes it true. Honestly, I feel that living in America will change (and has change) our mindset on families, education, and independence. You'll likely to see more Asian women who are not family-oriented and have successful career. It doesn't limit other family-oriented women. They have a successful career also.
Interesting post, thanks, and this is exactly what my cousins wife was speaking of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships