Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 12:08 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,637,138 times

Advertisements

At the risk of upsetting the female posters, I totally agree with you Repubocrat. Women are *supposed* to be harder to get than men. Women who are easy don't value themselves. And ...uh yeah, men are *supposed* to jump on what they can get ... that's how Nature set up the game. Personally, I would not sleep with a woman I did not intend to raise children with, but that's me... my values and how I was I raised. I do not judge men who spread their seed far and wide as harshly as I judge women who spread their legs after a few hours.

Here's why: the women who do this are acting stupider than the men. They have a longer term investment in the whole process. They need to be pickier in choosing partners. And I have never spoken to a man I respect who doesn't appreciate women who hold out for a bit. Quality men appreciate quality women who make them work for it. Maybe that's just a stupid game to some, but it's a game that was set up by nature millions of years ago when life began on this planet.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:13 PM

For the record, I also totally agree with gwen on this thread. His wording is clinical and kind of a turn off for that reason (we usually like to dress up the topic of sex with a bit more romantic terminology) but his points are pretty much on target.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,262,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannack315 View Post
Man thinks to himself: I feel so hurt because she's gone... but at least I got some.

The man may have his heart broken but he is very unlikely to feel used or regret the sex. Especially if it was as raucous as you say. This is one of those key differences in the way men think about sex. Truth be told, I think more men feel used if they pay for a series of dates and the girl looses interest before they have sex or at least made out. I'm not saying they were being used, but that's the feeling we get.
Ah, each gender has its own criteria, doesn't it?

In general, I mean. I did have one guy whine that I was using him for sex. I had to bite my tongue very hard to keep from saying, "Don't flatter yourself. You're not that great." I did like the guy, but I didn't see it going anywhere for a few reasons, and when I made my break, that's the accusation he hurled at me.

And there was one guy who always bought the women's drinks when we were out. Not just mine, but any women in the group. In a group situation, if one person buys me a round, then I buy the next one, male or female. He would always refuse. He chose to do that. But at one point, when he expressed more than a friendly interest and I (very gently) declined, he went on about how I used him for drinks. I pulled out my checkbook and offered to pay him back.

As you can see, I have a low tolerance for b.s.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,130,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Maybe that's just a stupid game to some, but it's a game that was set up by nature millions of years ago when life began on this planet.
I don't think so. As a matter of fact, even at this point in history this is the only place I'm aware of where number of dates are counted to get to whichever "base" ... You probably have no idea how stupid, juvenile, and immature that saying sounds to others.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
What I have observed lately dating average women here is total lack of class, morals, values, common sense and very low self esteem.

Last time, I had one night stand, I could not believe how easy it was, we met at a bar, she did not know much about me, yet she was willing to spend the night with me, a total stranger at a hotel room. How about potential dangers? I am a pretty decent guy but I could be a psychopath, serial killer, anything!, don't women realize that they are risking their lives when they agree to something like this?
You're lucky four thugs weren't waiting for you in the parking lot as you left the establishment or knocking on the door at the hotel room to roll you for your wallet.

Long before evil men started slipping women roofies, evil women were slipping men mickeys for that express purpose.

Easy? Yep, you'd be an easy mark, all right.

But hey, I'll do the responsible thing and tell you to go get tested for an assortment of STDs. You apparently make a habit of catting around, yourself, and condoms don't prevent everything. See: Herpes and HPV.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I don't think so. As a matter of fact, even at this point in history this is the only place I'm aware of where number of dates are counted to get to whichever "base" ... You probably have no idea how stupid, juvenile, and immature that saying sounds to others.
Sierra, as you should know, I greatly value your opinion, but your a gal and I'm a guy so we're bound to see the world in different hues on certain topics. Counting dates is stupid and clinical .. agreed... but I don't value women who have sex on the first date and none of the guys I respect do either.

I have a friend who is very good looking. He looks like Matthew McConaughey's better looking, younger brother and every time we go out women try to get in his pants. It's amusing and shameless. Very attractive women come up to him and say things like "you're so hot ... do you want to go somewhere." It's funny because these girls never get anywhere. He's a good Christian boy at heart, looking for a suitable mother for his children. He absolutely has no respect for skanks. The "passion" that he inspires in women is probably due to some biological lust for good genes -- he surely has very good ones... he has movie star good looks and a sterling character.

I guess my main point is -- yep, I have a double standard here. Women have a longer term investment in children than men, so women who have sex too soon are acting stupidly while men who have sex quickly aren't (from a biological perspective). I value intelligence and admire people who are able to see what their best interests are and who act accordingly.

(Of course with today's legal system, men who have children with skanks are acting like fools too, so I don't have much respect for the playa's out there.)

Old 07-11-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Women have a longer term investment in children than men, so women who have sex too soon are acting stupidly while men who have sex quickly aren't (from a biological perspective). I value intelligence and admire people who are able to see what their best interests are and who act accordingly.
The fatal flaw in your argument is assuming that women want to have sex to get pregnant.

You're also discounting any woman who has been through menopause.

So, double standard, presumption, and ageism all in one post. Nice.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
I have a friend who is very good looking. He looks like Matthew McConaughey's better looking, younger brother and every time we go out women try to get in his pants. It's amusing and shameless. Very attractive women come up to him and say things like "you're so hot ... do you want to go somewhere." It's funny because these girls never get anywhere. He's a good Christian boy at heart, looking for a suitable mother for his children. He absolutely has no respect for skanks. The "passion" that he inspires in women is probably due to some biological lust for good genes -- he surely has very good ones... he has movie star good looks and a sterling character.
I certainly don't talk about this kind of "passion"!

Quote:
I guess my main point is -- yep, I have a double standard here. Women have a longer term investment in children than men, so women who have sex too soon are acting stupidly while men who have sex quickly aren't (from a biological perspective). I value intelligence and admire people who are able to see what their best interests are and who act accordingly.
I don't know... Since I've never encountered such a problem myself, perhaps I'm not aware of how wide-spread it may be. My exes might've not been the best fit for me, but they're still a decent-quality people by society's standards. In any event, I wouldn't be interested in a person with such archaic and essentially unfair views, which may be the reason for never coming across them.

Old 07-11-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Sierra, as you should know, I greatly value your opinion, but your a gal and I'm a guy so we're bound to see the world in different hues on certain topics. Counting dates is stupid and clinical .. agreed... but I don't value women who have sex on the first date and none of the guys I respect do either.

(Of course with today's legal system, men who have children with skanks are acting like fools too, so I don't have much respect for the playa's out there.)
Oh, btw, just out of curiosity... Imagine this scenario: people communicate online for weeks, or months, or even years, and then they eventually meet. Do you consider this "first date"?

Old 07-11-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
The fatal flaw in your argument is assuming that women want to have sex to get pregnant.

You're also discounting any woman who has been through menopause.

So, double standard, presumption, and ageism all in one post. Nice.
No actually avienne, I didn't want to write a novel with my post, so I didn't mention my views on post menopausal women -- but for the record, different rules apply at different ages. If you're at the age where you can't get pregnant .. what the hell?

And of course the purpose of sex is not solely pregnancy. People have sex for a multitude of reasons, recreation being an important one of them. Still, you're an idiot if you don't consider that pregnancy *can* happen, and you don't plan you're fun accordingly.

I don't respect people who drink and drive. Women who have random sex are engaging in riskier behavior than men who do. Sorry. I didn't make the rules. For this reason, I think Repub's point was pretty much accurate -- women who are skanky prolly have lower self esteem than women who aren't.

For my money, I wouldn't mess with an easy girl. I have lots of friends (male an female) and the female friends who are loose can be fun, but nope .. wouldn't pick them to be the mother of my children, for strictly personality reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.