Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 01:48 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Here's why: the women who do this are acting stupider than the men. They have a longer term investment in the whole process. They need to be pickier in choosing partners. And I have never spoken to a man I respect who doesn't appreciate women who hold out for a bit. Quality men appreciate quality women who make them work for it. Maybe that's just a stupid game to some, but it's a game that was set up by nature millions of years ago when life began on this planet.
Exactly! Unfortunately, a lot of women have been brainwashed to think that men and women are "equal" as in exactly the same which is a bunch of nonsense.

A woman has so much to lose when it comes to having a one night stand with a stranger, if I was a scumbag, I could have done anything to this woman, since we were sharing a hotel room. I could have a knife, a gun, or whatever, I mean, she did not even know my last name or where I lived!

Also keep in mind that this was in a town 160 miles away from where I live, probably if this woman got pregnant, she would not even know how to find me, now imagine having a child as a result of a one night stand!

After this experience, I felt guilty and don't think I am having another one night stand anytime soon, I definitely think this girl has a lot of issues and very low self esteem, I absolutely regretted it!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Notice how not a single man is jumping in and saying it does not matter at all. It reminds me of those career threads where woman after woman keeps posting about what they say men like while the men post in opposition. Is it just that men die sooner than women? Nature is a hypocrite and is not the least bit fair.
OK, I'll give the ex-husbands a call to register and post.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:06 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Exactly! Unfortunately, a lot of women have been brainwashed to think that men and women are "equal" as in exactly the same which is a bunch of nonsense.
Wow, isn't it funny how that argument never holds water when it comes to some men complaining about how their SO never wants to have sex as much as they do.

Quote:
A woman has so much to lose when it comes to having a one night stand with a stranger, if I was a scumbag, I could have done anything to this woman, since we were sharing a hotel room. I could have a knife, a gun, or whatever, I mean, she did not even know my last name or where I lived!
The same goes for you. She could have robbed you and you would not have known anything about her.

Quote:
Also keep in mind that this was in a town 160 miles away from where I live, probably if this woman got pregnant, she would not even know how to find me, now imagine having a child as a result of a one night stand!
So, you have a relationship for 6 years with a woman and wear a condom every time but you have a one night stand and don't wear one? Interesting.

Quote:
After this experience, I felt guilty and don't think I am having another one night stand anytime soon, I definitely think this girl has a lot of issues and very low self esteem, I absolutely regretted it!
Wow, you managed to get all of that out of a one night stand. How's your esteem these days?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
So, you have a relationship for 6 years with a woman and wear a condom every time but you have a one night stand and don't wear one? Interesting.
Great memory, girl! I'd forgotten that as I don't pay much attention to his posts. Good grief!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:15 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,326,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Great memory, girl! I'd forgotten that as I don't pay much attention to his posts. Good grief!
LOL..I don't either but that post really stood out with alot of us. It's quite hilarious how some men will throw the woman under the bus to justify their actions. I doubt if this girl didn't have issues or low self esteem he would even have a reason to post about a one night stand. Just sayin'

Old 07-11-2010, 02:16 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this forum can remember so many details of peoples stories/lives.

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast.

Enough emoticons?

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm constantly amazed at how many people on this forum can remember so many details of peoples stories/lives.

I can't remember what I ate for breakfast.

Enough emoticons?
Evidently, you're not interested enough in the lives of your friends, buddy!

Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
I dont know about this one. I respect slutty women just as much as I respect non slutty ones. That doesnt mean a whole hell of a lot since I dont knowingly date slutty women. One night stands that I have had dont usually want nor need my respect beyond a mutual agreement for sexing. That notwithstanding, I still respect her on her own merits as a person. But her morals and values wouldnt be conducive to what I am seeking in an actual relationship with a woman.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:24 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:

Wow, way to turn and enjoyable evening between to consulting adults into something else. You seem to have the emotional maturity and outlook of a neurotic teenage girl.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:18 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,235,515 times
Quote:
... many times the woman wakes up in the morning, she regrets her actions and realizes "What the hell did I do?" especially when alcohol is involved.

Often, the woman is so ashamed the next morning that she will never contact the guy again because she not only regretted what she did but she also feels ashamed.

I have seen this scenario played out over and over and over!
Quote:
... I don't really think I am that special....
I don't think I've ever been with a woman who woke up the next morning regretting that she'd slept with me, but if I did, especially if "this scenario played out over and over and over," I probably wouldn't think I was too special either.

It sounds to me like you don't want to sleep with women because they want nothing to do with you afterwards. Please note I didn't say that's the case, only that it sounds that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
... Notice how not a single man is jumping in and saying it does not matter at all....
Watch this: *Jumps in* It does not matter to me at all.

Okay, after further thought, it does matter. I prefer a passionate woman who doesn't play games. If she's not sexually attracted to me, end of story; if she is but insists on counting dates, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships