Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:47 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi sierraAZ,

I am very close to the monkeys as I am sure you will enthusiastically agree.

However though I am not cultivated, I am not above cultivating.
What's that in the bowl?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2010, 09:48 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Time is long. We are closer in time to Cleopatra, than she was to the Pharoahs.

Evolution is an incredibly slow process. Our ancestors spent all day running for their lives and fighting wars. The genes we have, are feast or famine genes.

The humans that survived, were very good at storing extra calories as fat. They probably needed to survive through winters on their extra fat. Now a days...it's a gene we don't need...civilization and technology have made it a crutch.
Hi JSizzle225,

And then as a side effect there will be no resistance to our excessive energy consumption. The genetic vomitorium will once and for all show the world that Pax Americana has finally bested Rome. We will need to plow up the sidewalks in Iowa.

The problem is with most agricultural products, it is designed around the principle of one massive harvest , thick skins that ship well, looks good, stores well and without a sign of a fly's eyelash. So it essentially tastes like crap. Thus all that is left are fats and dry starches. You'll know my basic body type by the personality that shoves that crap back where it came.

It took me a few hours, but I got my mayapple. I'll think of Cargill when I suck out its pulp.

I think we should erect a triumphal arch in celebration, the Champ De Lazy.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 07-09-2010 at 09:57 AM..

Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
What's that in the bowl?
Milk weed flower buds. I rank them very highly even over fresh asparagus.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:56 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
You're right, but that was looooong time ago - closer to our monkey friends than to our current selfs!
Not really. Evolutionary speaking, we're not significantly different than our caveman ancestors. The advent of agriculture more or less removed evolutionary pressure. Ever since then, food has been abundant. There are still hunter-gatherer tribes in existence today. If you study them, not only will you find that they're in fantastic shape, but they also don't exhibit the health issues that we see in Western culture.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Never seen them before or even heard of them. I take it they’re the fruit of your own cultivation. They look somewhat like broccoli. I don't have a natural inclination towards eating greenery, grass, and its derivatives , but broccoli did grow on me even though I wasn't raised eating it, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and that’s a lot considering you’re the source of the info.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:03 AM

5,143 posts, read 5,406,461 times
Quote:
How do you feel about Wheat grass?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Not really. Evolutionary speaking, we're not significantly different than our caveman ancestors. The advent of agriculture more or less removed evolutionary pressure. Ever since then, food has been abundant. There are still hunter-gatherer tribes in existence today. If you study them, not only will you find that they're in fantastic shape, but they also don't exhibit the health issues that we see in Western culture.
I know. I've read about the caveman diets. Actually, my own diet in the past year is quite close to that. It's not exactly my preference, but a health problem forced me into it. I still eat most of my nuts roasted and salted, though. Damn it, one needs SOME pleasure! And no, that's not meant to scare my fellow male posters! I did say "most" nuts after all!

Old 07-09-2010, 10:21 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
I know. I've read about the caveman diets. Actually, my own diet in the past year is quite close to that. It's not exactly my preference, but a health problem forced me into it. I still eat most of my nuts roasted and salted, though. Damn it, one needs SOME pleasure! And no, that's not meant to scare my fellow male posters! I did say "most" nuts after all!
This is how I eat as well. I never get sick, I feel great, and I'm in the best shape of my life. But I also indulge once in a while.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
How do you feel about Wheat grass?

Hi JSizzle225,

I have never really tried that. Though it appears to be a nutritious green. Since its a sprout I can also assume it can be grown year round from a sunny window. Parsley is also a good option for that. I was surprised by its shade tolerance in some places I have found it.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:49 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
A lot of people that are obese put Average so the people that are Average have to put Athletic to differentiate themselves. Blame it on the fat people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships