Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:34 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotStove View Post
A trend that I keep noticing is that when I ask a girl out and she says no (no girl has ever said yes to me), some of them suddently hate me for asking them out. In these cases, I'd talk to her quite a bit before I'd ask her out but after I did and she rejects me, she would suddently ignore me afterwards. For the most recent example, I had to tell her continuously that it's ok that she didn't like me in that way and that I didn't care anymore, but she still didn't get it. I've seen women on this forum talk about how men can't get over the fact whenever they reject them. In this scenario it's the opposite, where girls can't get over the fact that I asked them out. Each rejection leaves a wound, but when this happens, those girls are pouring salt in my wound.

There's no way I can explain why this happens. I have Asperger Syndrome, so maybe they find me awkward, especially after I ask them out, so they want to avoid me. That could be a possibility.

Have any of you guys gone through this as well. If so, do you know why it happens? And for you females out there, if you've suddently hated someone after they asked you out (and before you see their reaction to your reply), why?
Hey hot stove. Im 20 and this time last year I was in your shoes

You need to try your best to just play it cool. Show a bit of disinterest in your prospects. Having aspergers (what exactly is it? I've heard of it but I dont know what it is) may hurt you in the process it seems

Remember keep a positive attitude and also remember dating is like a sales pitch almost, you're selling yourself. This is why telemarketing still works, because for all those "No" answers, the more no's you get lead to that ever inevitable "Yes" Dating is almost like a numbers game

You may need to work on who you are as a person, perhaps change up your wardrobe a little bit, wear something trendy and stylish, but something that also says "HotStove" at the same time, something that suits your individuality, something you feel good wearing, but also something that will make women say "Wow look at that guy, he's really got style"

Another great tip, if the girl likes YOU as more than a friend, she will let you know and 80% of the battle is over

Dont worry about looking for love right now, the more you look the harder it will be. Remember this quote from the Click Five's song "Good Day" 'You're looking for something you can't find, if you give it up you'll lose your mind, there's always something in your way" Thats what WILL happen if you continue to LOOK for love. I did that for the longest time and it never worked. Shortly after I moved to Vegas I met the most wonderful girl and I coudlnt be happier with how things are going

Best of luck to you my friend
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 01:48 AM

2 posts, read 1,450 times
iI'm with ya on that man a couple months ago I asked out a girl and she kinda rejected me but I didn't really understand and neither did her due to all the commotion going on and I got her number I decided to call her that night instead of wait and tell her how I really felt and maybe she would we the better in me and go out with me but she never answered and I texted her like twice the next day and well let's just say she commanded to delete her number so I followed the command and did she said we would talk on Monday and Monday roles around and she conpletly ignored me never talk to me to this day she is still ignoring me but then I was hanging out with 2 of her friends and one thing led to the other and I asked out one of them out showing a different side of me but she got very uncomfortable in guessing I kept showering her with nice things to say and complements so she'd talk to me now just not one on one of anyone has any answers for me please reply without them my life is to the point of its pointless to look forward to the next day and please don't say "there's nothing you can do they hate she hates you or som crap like that" say something helpful

Old 12-05-2015, 03:07 AM

4 posts, read 3,370 times
When I was 22 I lived in a crappy apartment. One night the fire alarm went off. My room mate and I went down stairs and outside. A girl was smiling at me. Next day playing dominos I saw her in the lobby and we chatted for a bit. Everything seemed to be going well. Maybe a week later fire alarm again. This time it was like she truly never saw me before. Told my roommate at how weird it was and pointed her out. He said her boyfriend ran the desk for the hotel and was a professional boxer. Never pursued the issue beyond that night.

Moral of the story: maybe you're not missing out on a good thing.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:47 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,048 times
City-Data makes me so sad sometimes. Message board technology is like 20+ years old, yet people still don't understand how to avoid threadmancy or post their own.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:17 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
I don't think they hate you. I think they're worried that if they act friendly now, you'll get the wrong impression.

Hang in there. You will find the right one.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:43 PM

505 posts, read 368,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier.Vice View Post
iI'm with ya on that man a couple months ago I asked out a girl and she kinda rejected me but I didn't really understand and neither did her due to all the commotion going on and I got her number I decided to call her that night instead of wait and tell her how I really felt and maybe she would we the better in me and go out with me but she never answered and I texted her like twice the next day and well let's just say she commanded to delete her number so I followed the command and did she said we would talk on Monday and Monday roles around and she conpletly ignored me never talk to me to this day she is still ignoring me but then I was hanging out with 2 of her friends and one thing led to the other and I asked out one of them out showing a different side of me but she got very uncomfortable in guessing I kept showering her with nice things to say and complements so she'd talk to me now just not one on one of anyone has any answers for me please reply without them my life is to the point of its pointless to look forward to the next day and please don't say "there's nothing you can do they hate she hates you or som crap like that" say something helpful
ROFL, did you check the post dates? The OP is legal drinking age by now!

Old 12-07-2015, 06:41 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
You should be thankful, do you want them to friend zone you? Or is this a situation where you still have to interact with them either school classes or work?

Old 01-17-2016, 10:34 PM

2 posts, read 1,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
You should be thankful, do you want them to friend zone you? Or is this a situation where you still have to interact with them either school classes or work?
Well i dont want them to friend zone me but if thats what it comes down too then yes i would still like to be their friend sense their such a awesome person to hang out with. And the tables have now somehow turned where she will talk to me one on one but not with other people. and yes im very thankful just for her existence...

Old 01-18-2016, 12:04 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
That is a sad place mentally to be unless you are able to treat her like a guy friend or sister but it does not sound like that is the case. Its up to you how you want to spend your time, either spending time with a woman who does not want you or finding a woman who does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier.Vice View Post
Well i dont want them to friend zone me but if thats what it comes down too then yes i would still like to be their friend sense their such a awesome person to hang out with. And the tables have now somehow turned where she will talk to me one on one but not with other people. and yes im very thankful just for her existence...

Old 01-18-2016, 12:06 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
They become aware you think/have thoughts of them in a different manner than their own towards you and become uncomfortable continuing on a close realtionship because of it.

It's a way of protecting personal best interests and not leading situations to needlessly complicated places.

The exchange in essence is a passing of intentions and being made aware the indivual intent behind making a connection with each other doesn't come from the same places.

It's the risk you take taking these things from a "safe place" to an unknown with others, but ultimately the truth is what it is and best not to be avoided if an open and honest realtionship is what you desire with others.

Last edited by rego00123; 01-18-2016 at 12:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships