Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 03:40 AM

769 posts, read 1,013,247 times

Advertisements

there is much you dont understand
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 04:16 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,804,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriInNH View Post

I have to say that probably MOST chose this selfish and self-serving lifestyle for reasons other than it was truly what they wanted out of life. However they do not even awknowledge any type of liability or dependence to others such as children or family, because they never knew what it was like to recieve it! There are certainly environmental factors at play.
How is being single selfish and self-serving? Have you seen the divorce rates (and I'm willing to bet a lot of those still married have strayed)? The loads of crappy parents and spoiled, out-of-control kids they have?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:47 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpacker View Post
How is being single selfish and self-serving? Have you seen the divorce rates (and I'm willing to bet a lot of those still married have strayed)? The loads of crappy parents and spoiled, out-of-control kids they have?
Right on, I am so proud of being single and not having any kids, I think it was the smartest decision I could have made.

Selfish to me are these losers, walking messes who end up having 3, 4 children and can't even take care of themselves. I wonder what kind of future these children are going to have!

You are absolutely right about crappy parents, I would say 80% have no idea what they are doing, I guess, I take pride in not being a dumbass, like most parents out there.

Old 07-12-2010, 07:50 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,160,255 times
Its fun because you do not have to answer the incessant demands and inquiries that women subject men too. I admire every bachelor out there gettin some, they are living a life of luxury.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,812,949 times
Wow... gonna have to take my time reading all your replies. I have been partying all day on Saturday and stayed till the next day... we all got drunk..
Now I just came from work after that wild party.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:03 PM

1,994 posts, read 3,212,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Selfish to me are these losers, walking messes who end up having 3, 4 children and can't even take care of themselves. I wonder what kind of future these children are going to have!

You are absolutely right about crappy parents, I would say 80% have no idea what they are doing, I guess, I take pride in not being a dumbass, like most parents out there.
Agreed!

So many people have kids because it fits into the master plan. They either regret (I love my child, but if I had my time over again, I'd do things differently) their decision or have no idea what they're doing, which is unfair on the kids.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:06 PM

143 posts, read 112,547 times
"How is being single and never committing fun? "

I don't know, why is dating without having sex fun?

Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_dave11 View Post
I don't know, why is dating without having sex fun?
Depends on the situation. In my case, it's a long distance relationship.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:29 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,161,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower_lol View Post
I can understand wanting a career or chilling with your friends but at some point wouldn't you want to be with that someone you can talk to, become more than just friends to that person and eventually give in (both physically as well as emotional).
I don't think I would be soo thrilled being single for life (no offense but it's not what I call fun). It's not that I need a man because (I'm not a handicapped person and will continue psychology major) but at least you have someone you can associate with.
You wouldn't talk the same way with your friends or relatives as you would with your SO.....

Same as some single people can't understand why commitment seems so important to some, I can't understand how not committing ever is fun....
I'll summarize it for you:

George....wait for it.....Clooney.

Long version:

The only mistake Tiger made was he got married. The two of them do basically the same thing, and are living practically every man's dream. There's hardly a man on earth that wouldn't be doing what they do if they had that kind of status and availability of gorgeous women throwing themselves at them like that. Point being women are an abundant commodity today thanks to the sexual and economic revolutions so there's no need for men to lock one down through marriage, have her pop out a couple kids with, and then provide for her and the kids for 20 years. Those days are gone basically and will continue to dwindle and more and more men realize the raw deal is with marriage laws allowing women to half his income (or more) through CS and alimony though no fault of his own. Instead, through game or just going ghost, men are going to have their cake and eat it too. If you have your act together and can get women on tap, you're best bet is to stay single, protect your fiscal assets, and let women continue to need men like "a fish needs a bicycle". They can have the kids and be "empowered" all they want if that's their thing, just not on more and more men's dimes. The future is going to see a lot more single mothers by choice and men abstaining from family life as their brothers, fathers, uncles, friends, and coworkers show them why women are such a huge financial liability. Until that changes...or women start restricting sex...there's very little incentive to go back to the old ways.

Give this a read sometimes:

Pajamas Media » Men, the Gender Wars Are Over

Quote:
Can you believe the way things used to be? Remember when our fathers and grandfathers would drag themselves to mind-numbing jobs every day, having the sole responsibility for the feeding, clothing, and housing of their entire family?

And things were no easier before marriage, when men’s quest for sexual satisfaction was all too often hampered by the widespread moral code which taught women not to give out the “milk” for “free.”

Well, that state of affairs just wouldn’t do. So we men came together and did what we do best — formulate and implement a plan. First step, design the perfect world, the perfect male world. We decided such a world would consist of two things: less responsibility and more — and no-strings — sex.

Brothers, have we succeeded.

The amazing thing, really, is how easy it was, how fast the old world of obligation and responsibility dissolved. The first, crucial step, of course, was convincing women that they had it bad, that our jobs were “intellectually stimulating” and not the soul-crushing monotony that they in fact were.

It worked, and soon women were clamoring to join us on the job. It seems never to have occurred to them that we could have so easily prevented them from doing so — and yet we didn’t. We sidestepped without much fuss, actually, which had to have constituted the largest voluntary abdication of power in history. This alone should have tipped them off that something was amiss.

Right away, women at work began to solve our problems. First, men and women interacting more frequently inevitably led to hanky-panky, which led to the breakup of families, which led to less responsibility for us.

But that was only a start. To really fix things, we had to root out that old bourgeoisie mentality that had in previous times kept girls frustratingly modest and chaste. And what better way to do that than to convince women that the most reckless elements of our sexuality — the promiscuity — were in fact the correct behaviors, which had to be imitated in order for them to be “liberated”?

Amazingly, they bought that, too.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutEve View Post
What stage are you at in your life?
I'm in my early 20's (23) but about to finish where I left off in psychology major but do know what I want.
Quote:
Are you ready to settle down?
Yes but no kids....
Quote:
Are you willing to carry all that a long term relationship entails?
Yes I am....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships