Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:41 AM

6,190 posts, read 7,971,228 times

Advertisements

I'm on percocet for my back, I am burning up, I feel like I am going to puke, I am dizzy and its making me pissed off so I am going to rant for a second but I have a legit problem. My dog ripped my fitted sheet earlier today and I got home not too long ago, maybe 1:30am everyone was still up so I went to find other sheets to change them.

I have chocolate brown sheets (the ones my dog ripped) and some white sheets, both are super nice and really soft.
They are the only sheets in my house that fit my bed, everyone elses bed is bigger or smaller
I went to look for my white sheets and they are no where to be found.

My mom insist I leave them in the shared area of the closet where the rest of the sheets are, so there they went and now I can't find them. She MOVES everything, forgets she did it and then can't find where she put things.
Same thing with my shoes. She INSIST I take them off in the house and leave them in the "shoe area". Then she moves them and forgets that she did it and will swear up and down she didn't move them.

I put my duty belt in my room, my cuffs were in my cuff case and the other day they were gone and they were in my mom's room...

My brother is NOT ALLOWED to touch my bike EVER. He since about 6 or 7 has BROKEN every single one of my bikes. He keeps getting my bike down now and riding it and now my padded seat thingy is gone.

Is it too unreasonable to tell everyone to just not touch my stuff?
She moves my stuff and then gets pissed when I get pissed at her for moving it.

I am so sick and tired of my stuff being gone. I am in the process of saving up money to move out and its going as fast as it can possibly go but until then I want to be able to move out with my things and not have to search for them all before I go.

I want her and my brother to not touch my stuff. HANDS OFF!!!!
And if they feel it absolutely necessary to touch my things, move them and place them somewhere else then they need to tell me as soon as they can and where they put it. If I find another thing missing because one of them I am going to start purposely hiding their things.

Its pissing me off people touching my stuff, moving it and losing it and not taking responsibility for doing so....it makes me so angry. DON'T TOUCH MY SH|T!!!!!

Is that too much to ask?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 06:58 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Yes, it's asking too much for people to not touch things that are in the public areas. If you don't want your stuff touched, keep everything in your bedroom.

The duty belt/cuffs in your room should not have been touched. If Mom wants to have kinky sex, she can buy her own handcuffs.

btw, if you lived on your own, you wouldn't have to worry about where people moving your stuff.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Yes, it's asking too much for people to not touch things that are in the public areas. If you don't want your stuff touched, keep everything in your bedroom.

The duty belt/cuffs in your room should not have been touched. If Mom wants to have kinky sex, she can buy her own handcuffs.

btw, if you lived on your own, you wouldn't have to worry about where people moving your stuff.
I can be in the kitchen and pour myself a drink and my mom will come in and talk and start cleaning and before I know it she's pouring my drink into the sink, not even asking if I was done and I could have left in on the counter and be sitting 5ft from it.

If I leave my shoes where she wants us to take them off. She'll move them and i'll randomly find them in the garage or she'll stick them in her closet. I am abiding by her rules and she does that...

As for my cuffs I believe my brother took them. He LOVES to take my gear and stick it on his belt so he feels he has more and then he ******* about having to give it back....HELLO ITS MINE and my mom keeps taking stuff from the living room that she feels will get stolen and she'll stick it in her room.

And the other day I took my watch off while training and set it on our air hockey table and in that time of training someone moved it to the desk and didn't tell me.

If someone is going to move my stuff I expect them to tell me that they did and where they put it.
Better yet I expect people not to touch my stuff but to tell me to move it anyways.

What annoys me more than them moving it is them LOSING my stuff?
And then not caring or being responsible for their actions...

If someone wants to lose my stuff because they pawed all over it and felt it necessary to move it from where I put it, they can damn well buy me a new whatever it is.

I don't go around moving peoples things. If I HAVE to move something I TELL the person that I did and where I put it. And I don't go losing peoples things.

And thats gross my mom is not using my cuffs for kinky sex...
Those have yet to even be used for kinky sex.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:20 AM

22,581 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Her house... her rules.

You know, you CAN move instead of complaining every week....

Old 07-10-2010, 07:22 AM

You know like some people keep their shoes in the garage or in a downstairs closet where they are "in their place".
If I left my shoes in the middle of the floor, I would expect someone to move them.
If they are sitting in the closet where they go, they SHOULD NOT be touched. If I leave them in there they should stay there. I should not be finding them in someones closet.

Same for my sheets.
Sheets go in the upstairs closet with the sheets. I have no place for them in my room. If they go in there they should not be taken and moved. They are MINE, they fit MY bed only. I should be able to find them.

What pisses me off is that no one cares...
Oh I moved your stuff and lost it....too bad sucks to be you.... THAT is the attitude I get.

I feel like I live with the cast of jackass or viva la bam.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Her house... her rules.

Are you kidding me?
Is that your "adult answer" for this?

Her house her rules?

I'm sorry bit THIS ISN'T A RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
There is no rule here.

Its not like she's set down a rule that I am not happy with.

I don't get that.....how could you say that when this isn't a rule?

People in this house have NO RESPECT for others belongings and I am sick of my things going missing and you want to tell me "her house her rules" That makes NO SENSE.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post

No people who work 12 hours a week making $8 an hour cannot move out.

I cannot support myself on that.
It took me about 20 applications and 6 months to find this job.
Even if I got a second one I would need to be working 40 hours a week and making atleast 15 an hour to be able to live alone, and then I would be barely getting by.

So no its not like I can just move out today and magically pay rent or come up with a solution that wouldnt take like 4 months of saving up...

Old 07-10-2010, 07:48 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,946,515 times
Acutally Txtqueen I have a suggestion .. and it is a good one ..
I am sure that your room isnt real big but this worked in a collage dorm w/ roommates who couldnt keep their hands off of other peoples stuff
hit the yard sales or buy new THREE trunks that can be locked .. a large a medium and a small .. they stack and dont take as much room that way .. anyways heres the deal the bottem trunk is for soft stuff like blanckets and soft sheets your collecting for yourself. for future use.. the medium size is for your " Police Gear" which should always be kept locked to keep the kid brother out and the smallest one for your personal items you give yourself .. try looking here for reasonable ideas
Lockable Storage
sure I know that it sounds like alot of work BUT as long as your not getting into trouble I think you should have the right to locked storage trunks .. and yes it IS a bit of work to get into the habit of BUT in the long run its better for all concerned .. as for drinks being dumped while your sitting there .. mebbe your mom wants to talk and is doing busy work as she tries to make small talk with you?

Last edited by Faworki1947; 07-10-2010 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: added a link

Old 07-10-2010, 07:51 AM

2,201 posts, read 3,359,496 times
It isn't unreasonable to expect others to leave your stuff alone (and you really shouldn't have to tell them, they should know it, but obviously that message hasn't gotten through to others in your family). If this is the way your family has been all along, you really aren't going to be able to change them now.

Get some type of lock box for your personal items (handcuffs, etc) and put it in your room. Get a lock for your bike. Buy a set of sheets for your bed, take care of your own laundry, and put your sheets in a storage container under your bed. If your mom doesn't want you wearing shoes in the house, remove your shoes at the front door and immediately place them in your closet or under your bed.

Frequently when household disagreements such as this occur, it's time for the adult daughter/son to move into their own home. I know you're trying and can't move at this time. Don't cause drama, act like a responsible adult, and just take care of your own items in a responsible manner.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,030,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtqueen View Post
Even if I got a second one I would need to be working 40 hours a week and making atleast 15 an hour to be able to live alone, and then I would be barely getting by.
You need to revisit your expenses because your future earnings are going to remain grim without going to college.

News flash: there are many people raising children on $15/hour and you think you'll just 'get by' as a single person. LMAO. Too funny!

Personal income in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a matter of fact 54% of Americans over the age of 25 make less than $15/hour and 47% of Americans make under $12/hour.

These statistics are based on Americans over the age of 25. Americans under the age of 25 make MUCH LESS MONEY.

Most young adults move out of the house making only slightly above minimum wage.

Get a reality check. You're not moving out anytime soon until you realize that you CAN'T HAVE IT ALL when you're first starting out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships