Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:00 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carra View Post
I asked female friends they see no reason why women won't like me (but of course they don't like me either, so maybe I shouldn't trust what they say).
Do you really think a friend is going to tell you that you look like Igor or you smell like a horse? Probably not, unless you have one of those ruthlessly honest friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2010, 02:04 PM

630 posts, read 2,226,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
can you give your fellow females a few pointers on how to be more like you? it sure would make life a lot easier if more women thought like you.
With age comes wisdom and understanding .... sometimes. Also I've noticed in today's younger society it seems to be "all about me", what can you do for me. Instead of what can I bring to the relationship.

You get more with sugar then you do with vinegar.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:24 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
With age comes wisdom and understanding .... sometimes. Also I've noticed in today's younger society it seems to be "all about me", what can you do for me. Instead of what can I bring to the relationship
Exactly. That is why I like the whole "It's all about us" which many women around here and out seem to dislike.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:16 PM

221 posts, read 336,654 times
Quote:
There are a lot of men that smile and are funny, yet women only see them as the funny friends. Also, there are guys who seldom smile and women like them. So I guess it has to be some other thing.

Well obviously I had already figured out women don't like me for some reason! The question is finding why. It might be something I am/do or something I don't. The question is, nobody seems to know what. Whenever I asked female friends they see no reason why women won't like me (but of course they don't like me either, so maybe I shouldn't trust what they say).
It's better to never trust female opinions on the issue. They'll say what they're programmed to say.

If you REALLY want to know what to do, you should be asking a guy who is successful with women. Soak up some game, not in w eird way though, you know, just hang out and pick a couple things up, a lot of guys are willing to take you under thier wing. Hope that helps.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:54 PM

3,301 posts, read 11,715,221 times
Quote:
To all women, the question is simple: Some guys obviously attract you because they stand out in some way: handsome/talkative/mysterious/whatever. So, for all the rest of men you initially perceive as more "average", what can a man do/have that makes you give him a chance for a date?
You have to pique my interest in some way. You could say something interesting, different, have a good conversation, etc, though the easiest way is to just make me laugh. It just makes me feel like there's something deeper going on. I'd say about 98% of the time it's what comes out of the guy's mouth that makes me attracted/disinterested, not his appearance. I've also into more than one guy who I found physically unattractive at first, but once I talked to him a bit he was suddenly quite the opposite.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:18 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Many times it is the action the other does: its the kindness, shock value, humor, friendliness, mannerisms....and so forth. Watch how other's perceive you, if they come in herds to you. You might be doing something right. And stop the pretend persona online. Give people what you are like in real life and here. So if you do ever meet someone, maybe it will be a great relief that you are the true personality they wanted in the first place.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:24 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,164 times
What if a guy is Super handsome, and really funny...but he's got horrible breath cuz he just ate a bunch of beef jerky? Would you give him a chance then?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:27 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
I usually give most a chance, shyt happens. Unfortunately that is my downfall at times.

Old 07-10-2010, 06:11 PM

54 posts, read 69,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
It's better to never trust female opinions on the issue. They'll say what they're programmed to say.

If you REALLY want to know what to do, you should be asking a guy who is successful with women. Soak up some game, not in weird way though, you know, just hang out and pick a couple things up, a lot of guys are willing to take you under their wing. Hope that helps.
This extends to any female who answers in this forum. Even if they genuinely want to help you out with some advice. You would only get the same cliche answers. Women are judged pretty harshly whenever they admit to certain things that turn them on.. so they learn to keep their mouth shut. It's either that, or their attraction is based on a feeling they have a hard time explaining or verbalizing.

Besides they would have to meet you in person in order to make an assessment. You said it yourself, you don't have any major issues dealing with girls online. So, either you get the women in your life to be more honest with you (likely not gonna happen. Unless you get them pissed and they blurt it out in out in anger. That's when they get REAL honest LOL) or go with Mortimer's advice. Just be aware, some guys who are skilled with women don't have a true understanding of 'why' they are good with women. It's like asking superman for a scientific explanation why our yellow sun makes him so tough. So those guys might give you lame advice like "I dunno man, just talk to em." or worst, the same advice you would hear from most females, like the ever popular "Just be yourself." If I were you I'd Just focus on the hanging out with them and observing part.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:02 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
With age comes wisdom and understanding .... sometimes. Also I've noticed in today's younger society it seems to be "all about me", what can you do for me. Instead of what can I bring to the relationship.

You get more with sugar then you do with vinegar.
I know of some decent salad dressings that contain both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships