Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 02:50 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Submissive? German women are anything but submissive, actually they are often more independent than your average American women, and very few are overweight. Not bad looking either.
Jeebus no, who thought german women to be submissive. They are very orderly, controlling and often a bit emotionless.

There are some good lookers in germany, but it's not where I would go.

Old 07-10-2010, 02:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
LOL!! What do you think of men abroad? Are they better catches than American men?

*me thinks they are all the same fish swimming in different geographic ponds*
Well, if I have to be perfectly honest, one of the reasons I'm here is that I used to be sick of the local men back home... Soooo, yeah... you're right. I still find men from some (not all by any means!) foreign countries way more exciting at least for flings if not more palatable for marriages, though.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM

2,015 posts, read 3,380,925 times
I looked for foreign men online, found one and married him. 10 years ago. Happy.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:04 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
I guess, I don't blame you. Every girl I have dated here had some story of dating guys who were losers, creeps, mentally unstable, stalkers or just plain weirdos. I guess, it is a problem with our society.

I guess, I am interested in knowing more about German culture because my mother found a great German husband and I am curious about how people "date" and meet each other in other countries. Sometimes, I think "dating" as we know it is more of an American concept but I don't know how people do it in Europe because "dating" the American way is all I have ever done and it does not seem to be working for a lot of folks out there
"Dating" as americans do it, is generally not the custom in many other first world countries.

American dating is very formal and it all revolves around putting women on a pedestal and courting them with displays of dining and gifts and it is all very businesslike and structured. American women are also rather lazy as well. Many first world foreign women are much more direct and easy going and things like sex are not some big dramatic drama.

Sometimes gems are found in unexpected places. New Zealand for instance is a hotbed for young travelers so I have had plenty of fun with busty swedish and danish backpackers on the South Island.

But it varies from country to country so I always recommend where ever you go, have a detailed understanding of the culture and especially the dating culture and how it works. Yes there are many differences from place to place, so do the research.

Basically having the experiences I had, some good, some bad too, I'd say overall I can't see myself marrying an american woman. I'd rather save my money to travel than on a series of dates with american women.

If anything get out and get some overseas experience and see what you think and how it goes. There is no harm at all in doing that.

Old 07-10-2010, 03:18 PM

5,879 posts, read 9,251,461 times
Quote:
I have been thinking about maybe focusing on finding a woman overseas and no, I am not talking about some Asian geisha who can't even speak English.

My dating experiences have been so frustrating and no offense to American women, but it is very hard to find women in this country who are not overweight or mentally unstable, or both.

My stepfather is German, my mother speaks decent German and although I never thought about dating or marrying a German girl, I am thinking about going there this Summer for a week, just for fun

I am aware of all the cultural differences and I know Germany is no paradise but comparing an average German girl to an average American woman is hmm, not a fair comparison. I think it would be neat to find a girl who could speak to my Mom and stepfather in German.

Anyways, I wonder if someone guys might have had good experiences with foreign women.
I never dated any women overseas but have dated Asian, Italian and Hispanic in the states. Germany would be interesting as I am mostly of German and English decent. I can't speak a word of German language though. Only firearm, knives and weapon related words!LOL...... Here is a German rocker to pump you up. I can't understand what they are saying but the guitar and beat is cool!LOL.......

YouTube - Rammstein - Du Hast Live from Volkerball

Old 07-10-2010, 03:21 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Ay-ya-ya, that pathetic pipe dream of finding submissive women God knows where...
Either that or him staying with a manipulative western girl. There are all kinds of women here and there but culture DOES play a role in someone's upbringing.

Everybody seems to accept women putting men under observation, testing them, letting them be the spenders, enjoy chivalry from a man, blah blah blah. But have a guy say he wants to experience a woman (from another culture, for example) who will do those things that are not common from what he accustomed and all of a sudden that guy is no good?

If western women want guys that do all those things that we have already talked about, let them be. Not everybody agrees with that. If a man wants a woman, in this case, from overseas, who has the possibility of being different than western woman then why can't we accept that as well?

Old 07-10-2010, 05:20 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,471,479 times
I dated British woman in Hong Kong for awhile (few, but looooong dates). Then met woman from old country here in USA. She's from Canada.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:00 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I married a wonderful lady from oversea's. We met right here on CD about 3 years ago. I wasn't looking for a woman from oversea's, but thats who I met and eventually married. Keep in mind you'd be dealing with a long distance relationship. Thats plays a huge factor as well as having the income to fly over or fly her over every couple months or so. Then...if it does come to marriage...you'd have to play the immigration game. And that is no picnic.

Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 PM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
"Dating" as americans do it, is generally not the custom in many other first world countries.

American dating is very formal and it all revolves around putting women on a pedestal and courting them with displays of dining and gifts and it is all very businesslike and structured. American women are also rather lazy as well. Many first world foreign women are much more direct and easy going and things like sex are not some big dramatic drama.

Sometimes gems are found in unexpected places. New Zealand for instance is a hotbed for young travelers so I have had plenty of fun with busty swedish and danish backpackers on the South Island.

But it varies from country to country so I always recommend where ever you go, have a detailed understanding of the culture and especially the dating culture and how it works. Yes there are many differences from place to place, so do the research.

Basically having the experiences I had, some good, some bad too, I'd say overall I can't see myself marrying an american woman. I'd rather save my money to travel than on a series of dates with american women.

If anything get out and get some overseas experience and see what you think and how it goes. There is no harm at all in doing that.
Me thinks you enjoy the no conversation part....

To the OP: If you want to find a woman of character then go to where they are. You local shelter, political action group, or some other volunteer activity. A series of one nighters will only cause your heart to harden. Then when the right one comes along you might not be open to them. Good luck. BTW I have been married 27 years and met hubs in Germany...

Old 07-10-2010, 07:19 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
go to Aja
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships