Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 08:26 PM

20,581 posts, read 19,247,485 times

Advertisements

I have dated a German girl and it was great. She was not submissive that's for sure. My wife is also not from the US. It is possible to be sick of the food, automobile obsession, insular North American monoculture, debt, fat and Superbowl parties. Some people born here might not like that crap. Even recently my Korean associate informed me the only prominent idiots he ran into in Europe were traveling American girls who would not move their big ass bags to let him and his wife sit. The loud, arrogant and clueless tendency has been observed by me personally. One good thing that comes to mind is we seem to look like we showered recently more consistently than other peoples.

I still like many Americans mind you; and many do avoid the mainstream; but, I utterly loathe mainstream American culture. That's easy to avoid by opening up your world. The food is really a disaster. Not only is it bad, but it severely impacts female beauty in this country. I am certain the men look shabby also, as if I care. Food and sex are major concerns in quality of life. Of course there is a difference.

However if you don't do well with local women, you may not do well there. You may find more attractive women since, again, there are fewer weight problems and more feminine dress.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,675,989 times
I support finding love anywhere you can. If you don't like most western women, look elsewhere. Go for it and good luck!

Old 07-10-2010, 10:35 PM

549 posts, read 1,925,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeniorita View Post
*me thinks they are all the same fish swimming in different geographic ponds*
I'm usually with you on the "the grass is always greener on the other side" notion, but I do think different cultures breed different people. People from Bethesda, MD are very different than people from Frederick, MD and they're only separated by 30 miles... Imagine the difference from a completely different country. Now, I'm only advocating for a difference... not necessarily an improvement.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,975,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
I'm usually with you on the "the grass is always greener on the other side" notion, but I do think different cultures breed different people. People from Bethesda, MD are very different than people from Frederick, MD and they're only separated by 30 miles... Imagine the difference from a completely different country. Now, I'm only advocating for a difference... not necessarily an improvement.
Oh, well... it's like replacing any person with another... You just replace a set of known problems with a set of unknown (and potentially worse) problems. It's not like building up - keeping the good and adding more good.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:41 PM

143 posts, read 112,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Oh, well... it's like replacing any person with another... You just replace a set of known problems with a set of unknown (and potentially worse) problems. It's not like building up - keeping the good and adding more good.
That didn't even make sense.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_dave11 View Post
That didn't even make sense.
It will - some day! Maybe you're too young.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
It will - some day! Maybe you're too young.
That made no sense, either. Must be a Tucson thing?

Old 07-10-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_dave11 View Post
That made no sense, either.
Whatever, buddy.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Whatever, buddy.
We're buddies now? Wanna be my firstest friend on my friends list?

Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,605,129 times
Quote:
I don't know what the others are missing but I get it.

Every person has their ups and downs and I think often people end up trading one set of problems for another set of problems with another person.

It's a common problem with our society and why we have so much divorce and infidelity. People always think something is better but often end up with worse. I find it takes at least a year if not more, for a persons true personality to come out at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships