Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that Master/Slave relationships are ok?
Yes 42 47.73%
No 46 52.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 09:35 AM

1,429 posts, read 2,294,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Okay....I had a very isolating relationship at one time, and family who were unsupportive when I needed them, so your post is reassuring.

My family knows that I am with my SO but they do not know about all of the kinky things we do.Like I said before they are very devout LDS members and would majorly flip out about something like that.

My family supports me in whatever I do but there are some things that I keep from them.

4,103 posts, read 7,013,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaKintobor View Post
Due to some of the responses I received on my other thread I wanted to get a census on how the people on this forum feel about Master/Slave relationships.Do you think they are ok or do you look upon them with disgust?

[mod cut]
It's not my thing but if two people are ok with it then sure why not. Different strokes for different folks.

3,860 posts, read 8,440,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
Learn to use the friggin' multi quote. Obnoxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are you being so hostile? I haven't read a post from the OP that would warrant this type of response.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:40 AM

2,058 posts, read 3,298,832 times
It doesn't matter what others think.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:48 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
Vanilla is NOT a derogatory term.Vanilla is a common and basic flavor which we use to refer to those who prefer less kinky things.It sounds alot better than calling someones relationship 'average' or 'normal' because no one can really define what is normal or average and to make a statement like that would probably get people up in arms.People do not like being referred to as normal or average and they certainly don't like their relationships being referred to in that manner which is why we use the term vanilla.We mean no harm.
Let me also mention the commonly used term Vanilla Swirl which refers to Vanilla Couples who are on the edge, have knowledge, enjoy watching or participate to a small degree in a alternative lifestyles.

Many couples enjoy the eroticism of being exposed to but without full blown participation.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:57 AM

2,412 posts, read 7,166,877 times
Quote:
My family supports me in whatever I do but there are some things that I keep from them.
I would wager that most people do not share the details of their sex likes and dislikes with their parents and siblings ("Mom, I really enjoy 69 with my wife, and I especially like it when I perform cunnilingus on her after she has had a sweaty workout. And did you know that we like to do it on the living room couch in the middle of the afternoon when the kids are playing outside?")

Your sex life is your business, and though I have found your posts fascinating (and would love to ask you a 1,000 questions!) it is perfectly reasonable that people would share with others as much (or as little) detail as they wish. No adult has an obligation to share their sex life details with their parents or siblings.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM

88,292 posts, read 84,292,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I've been stalling - I really hate bridges - but now I'm cutting my time short - I have to be in Philly by 4, it takes everyone else up to 2 hours, me it'll take 3-4 (because of my avoidance of high bridges), I'm packed but the car is a mess - too many coupons floating around it since he's been gone all week (yeah, 3 nights - we don't do apart well), so now I've got to get that done, toss my suitcase in the car, lock the cats in the house and I'm gone for a night of exploring Philly and a small reunion

Play nice, folks.
You have a phobia about high bridges? WHAT A WEIRDO!!!!

Old 07-15-2010, 10:07 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,296,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
So do I. Does everyone have to be categorized as one thing or the other? Can't some of us be Neopolitan, or if we feel a certain way on a certain day, Butter Pecan?
Quote:
Oh yes!I love these raspberry filled white chocolate starfish shaped ones from Godiva.I love chocolate anything however.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsy View Post
I'm not sure who actually coined the term or why, but I suspect the reasoning behind it is that "vanilla" is considered to be the base flavor in something like ice cream, and you build on that. So a basic... "normal" (meaning mainstream approved) relationship is vanilla. Add a little whipped cream and a few crunchy bits and you're well on your way towards Rocky Road. LOL .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Let me also mention the commonly used term Vanilla Swirl which refers to Vanilla Couples who are on the edge, have knowledge, enjoy watching or participate to a small degree in a alternative lifestyles.

Many couples enjoy the eroticism of being exposed to but without full blown participation.

My sweet tooth is in high gear from this thread.

How about a Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte w/ Raspberry Sauce & Whipped Cream?

Old 07-15-2010, 10:12 AM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robee70 View Post
How about a Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte w/ Raspberry Sauce & Whipped Cream?
I know someone that can fix you right up. It's also very low in calories.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:40 AM

3,261 posts, read 5,296,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I know someone that can fix you right up. It's also very low in calories.
I've got to learn how to whip up (pun intended) both a decadent and low-cal dessert. j/k

Actually, I am seriously making this for dessert tomorrow night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.