Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2010, 11:31 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
sarcasm, I hope...
yes and no...that really is what it boils down to: Giving the fixins to some other guy and then expecting some stooge to come along and subsidize the resulting crumbsnatchers..Under the auspices of him being "such a good guy"/"not a jerk"...<all of the convenient cliches that women traditionally use to manipulate and motivate the male ego into doing what they wish> when in reality, he's little more than a desperate sucker/clean up man imo.

Last edited by solytaire; 08-01-2010 at 11:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 11:45 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
You know what...?

Something is missing here. Men, do not like to date or start a relationship with a girl-women
where there is a sense of dis-loyalty or possible attention issues. (instinctive fear)

For myself I would easily date a women with a child, as loyalty would not matter as belief in
warm hearted friends comes first.

Unfortunately that is not always the case for many men. How do I fit loyalty in...?

Well, isn't a single mom on her own , for the most part in living arrangement ?

Who else, is involved here...how many guys-users dropping by ?....are you rebounding..still hurting ?

Also, theres a higher probability that the girl-women is not exactly herself if theres difficulties. Not that its a huge deal, but is it the "real -you" accepting the polite advance. This adds to
"why" especially these relationships , would have a chance if initiated with, warm-hearted friends for a good comfortable time.

Thats why in opinion there might be a ....ok, wait a minute when men meet the above girls-women. Whether its an instinctive guard or whatever, thats what I think. I know alot of guys and theres always some other excuse ...rather than fear.

Fear is the reason

Last edited by stargazzer; 08-01-2010 at 11:55 PM..

Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
I meet my son's girlfriends kids for the first time this weekend. We all had a great time. Not only did my son enjoy playing with them my other son took them out on the 4 wheeler and helped them fish in the pond. His gf is divorced and her ex has primary custody. She is a very good mother and far from the sterotype some here are trying to pin on all single mothers.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,719,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
You're the one who's in denial. I've dated single mothers and NEVER was I asked or expected to raise their kids.
what she asks of you is meaningless. as long as the woman has a child, and you want to have a relationship with her, then none of you has any choice in the matter.

"the guy who is dating mom" is not the same as some random dude off the street.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:19 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,637,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
what she asks of you is meaningless. as long as the woman has a child, and you want to have a relationship with her, then none of you has any choice in the matter.

"the guy who is dating mom" is not the same as some random dude off the street.
Nice try, but I had plenty of choices. Maybe you should stick to talking about things you actually have experience with.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Nice try, but I had plenty of choices.
with single moms you don't have the choice of dating her but not dealing with her kids.

you will have some relationship with them, and being that they are children, and you are an adult, it must involve some level of dealing with them. this ain't rocket science.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
with single moms you don't have the choice of dating her but not dealing with her kids.

you will have some relationship with them, and being that they are children, and you are an adult, it must involve some level of dealing with them. this ain't rocket science.
What's not rocket science is that how much you have to deal with those kids is largely up to their mother. In every case where I dated a mother, it was really up to her how much I was impacted by her child and how much interaction I had with them.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:57 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:

Sure, you will have some relationship with kids as the relationship progresses. Big difference in some relationship and raising children. Dating usually involves having some relationship/dealings with a persons family and friends.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sure, you will have some relationship with kids as the relationship progresses. Big difference in some relationship and raising children. Dating usually involves having some relationship/dealings with a persons family and friends.
Exactly. This argument that you should never date a mother because it'll inevitably mean having to someday interact with her kids is silly. You're going to have to interact with your SO's friends and family too. Should you treat them as baggage as well?

Old 08-02-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
You're going to have to interact with your SO's friends and family too. Should you treat them as baggage as well?
hell yes, you should. Why do you think that so many people complain about their in-laws?

your analogy sucks, though, because everyone has, or has had, parents. not everyone has children from another man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Sure, you will have some relationship with kids as the relationship progresses. Big difference in some relationship and raising children.
For an advocate of single mommyhood like yourself, I can understand how "raising" could be seen as limited to taking full responsibility for the child. In that very limited sense, sure, mom's boyfriend isn't "raising" the kids.

From the perspective of a single man, anything child-related that I must undertake or endure, that wouldn't be hoisted upon me by dating a childless woman, constitutes "raising her kids."

Last edited by le roi; 08-02-2010 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships