Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:45 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,806,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle77 View Post
My thoughts exactly.

You have a boat, huh?
Better safe then sorry later.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
AKA : OP -Also known as cheap.

You have no real assets.

You want to protect your paycheck.

You want to abort a baby thats not even been born yet to disway some possible Child Support.

You want a Cheap $ 20 wedding .

You think all women want a hold of your meager pay check.

Your questions are bizarre and troll like.

You want a divorce already and you haven't even met anyone to marry.

Not sure you have all the Tools in the Toolshed , if you know what I mean...

I suggest you save the women the misery of marrying someone such as yourself .
The people who are cheap/frugal are ones that have the assets.

I never said I wanted a divorce but its best to prepare for one just incase it happens.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Too bad, some adult games are a lot of fun.

Being from TX you should take this to the TX forum - maybe the Dallas or Austin sections. You might run across other Texans that have been down your path.
I use to play Leisure suit larry. Thats old school.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM

According to Divorce Rate : Divorce Rate In America

The divorce rate for Men ages 30-34 is 11.6%.

The divorce rate in America for first marriage, vs second or third marriage
50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce, according to Jennifer Baker of the Forest Institute of Professional Psychology in Springfield, Missouri.
According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%

Old 07-14-2010, 04:51 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,405,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
The people who are cheap/frugal are ones that have the assets.

I never said I wanted a divorce but its best to prepare for one just incase it happens.

That's a terrible way to look at things, I think. To each there own. I'm going to go shoot some glocks now.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSizzle225 View Post
That's a terrible way to look at things, I think. To each there own. I'm going to go shoot some glocks now.
There are people who spend thousands of $'s in a wedding but can't afford it. I buy Assets not Liabilities.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:55 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Also do I have the rights to abort a child?
Yes! As soon as you get one in YOUR belly!

Old 07-14-2010, 05:06 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
Quote:
so there is a difference between being Married and Common Law Marriage?
What is a lot of Assets? I don't own a home. My goal is to just protect what is mine for good. Does my paycheck from my job have to go into a joint account?
Common law marriages are treated the same as regular marriage in the eyes of the law. Should the relationship end, you must file for a divorce, even though there was no wedding. Assets acquired during the marriage are joint property.

If you want to live together without benefit of marriage, it would be prudent for you to draft up a written legal document stating that you are living together as separate individuals and are not presenting yourselves to the world as a married couple, common law or otherwise.

You are not required to have joint bank accounts. You aren't required to have a bank account at all! You may lawfully keep all your money under your pillow. You future wife may do the same.

If you do not want children, get a vasectomy.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:17 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
How many is that in Texas? Also do I have the rights to abort a child?
you found someone to marry with these kinds of questions. looking to keep things cheap, not give anything up in case it doesn't work out. ( how would a relationship with this kind of thinker NOT work out lol) then wanting the ability to have a child aborted? do you really have to ask if a man has a right to abort a child? the answer would be, when you grow a uterus and drop the shriveling pair you have, then you have the right to abort

Old 07-14-2010, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you found someone to marry with these kinds of questions. looking to keep things cheap, not give anything up in case it doesn't work out. ( how would a relationship with this kind of thinker NOT work out lol) then wanting the ability to have a child aborted? do you really have to ask if a man has a right to abort a child? the answer would be, when you grow a uterus and drop the shriveling pair you have, then you have the right to abort
I don't work for her. I work for myself. Women have their own money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.