Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:52 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,525,248 times

Advertisements

In his mind, he's married to a maid. Not a college girl.

You'll have to explain him he's married to you, not a serveant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 07:34 PM

389 posts, read 776,965 times
If you love him so much then you should be able to expect him to listen to you. You should expect respect out of him. Talk to him & expect it. Now if you don't get it, that's a whole other story. Leave for a while & take your little boy with you. Go to a friend's or your mom's or a hotel for a couple days or even weeks. Tell him it's because he needs to see what it's like without you. He needs to learn how to apreciate you. Then demand that he be supportive with your school & demand more help around the house.

If that don't work, then I don't know what to tell ya. I wouldn't stick around, but that's your decision.

Jessie

Old 07-21-2010, 09:55 PM

515 posts, read 1,557,885 times
This is DH ( I'm guessing dumb husband) I found this post by total mistake and some of you are right there are two sides to every story, ask Willie. I do not have the time or care to really get into my personal business on the internet to you "experts" on my life. It is true I am a jerk ,I know that and I don't care. I like my own bed, I like my own bathroom and I have my own ideas on the way things need to be. I vote for Pat Buchanan everytime and he's not really right enough. I have lived by myself several times sometimes because I wanted too, sometimes not. I have lost everything I have had more that once and I really enjoy my hobbie. I don't drink,smoke do drugs or gamble. I got everything I have because I got it myself, I have no formal education and make 100K. Maybe because I had to do it all myself to get where i'm at I think everyone else should too. I don't consider watching our son as babysitting with my job being on call 24/ 7 some times I have to leave when the phone rings and our son can't go that is the problem not that I have a hang up with watching him. As far has making her Quit her "Real Job" when we got married ask her if her parents might of had anything to do with that?
Also the place she worked closed right after we married anyhow. She does do well in School and I'm proud of her for that, she is smart. I understand having dreams I have them to sometimes they are not practical however. I just don't think trying to enter a conpetitive professional work force at 40+ plus is a good investment it is more of filling a dream. To me there are more everyday practical family oriented things that could be done like a reasonable part time job to suplament the family income. I have however agreed to let her get the education she wants ( not telling me she ran up a unpaided bill doing it). Any way we could throw stone from our ivory towers at each others glass houses forever and not get much done but breaking glass. I won't be checking back just giving a"little" to my side of the story.
BTW YES I "LET" her cook for me , most of the time I eat on the Road and when I do come home or call ahead with dinner plans it usually takes about 3 hours to get my meal after its promised and I'm ready for bed. She like to cook and I like to eat but alot of this kind of stuff is what makes my head explode and blood shot out of my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships