Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 02:21 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galagaone View Post
Not much to say regarding dating as I've pretty much given up dating western women. But I was behind a female in the helath food store a few weeks back. She had on an outfit a 12 year old girl would wear (she was in her 50's). She had on about 2 pounds of make up. She was talking on her cell phone and making the cashier and everyone else wait for her conversation to end before she would get her card out to pay. And this went on for number of minutes. She was getting in a mercedez SUV when I left the store. I'm not sure what else she could possibly do to make herself more unattractive. She pretty much had it all.
We all know you dont like American women, no need to flog that poor dead horse any more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 02:23 PM

2,058 posts, read 3,304,021 times
This reminds me of when my mom was on a dating site and someone who described their body type as "pleasantly plump" was 5 lbs less than a person who put "average".

Old 07-16-2010, 02:26 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Good products sell themselves!
Yes some do but it is surprising how many don't, people like to think they have gotten a good deal and well convince themselves they have. So once you have sold all to purchase that single pearl of great worth, you are less likely to admit it was only so so.

Online Dating is Sales. You need to find a Customer that wants what you are offering. Too much hyperbole might cost closing the sale, too little will prevent any interest at all. Same with Job interviews. "Why should you pick me over the other applicants? Because I am worth it!"

Old 07-16-2010, 02:27 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,043 times
I don't know what's worse.. denying or admitting your flaws but people might think you're fishing for compliments as well. I think I rather not speak.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:30 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,325,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avienne View Post
Which is great for people like me, for whom only about 1 picture in 25 is not brutally unflattering. I'm just not angular enough to be photogenic, and I've heard many times that my photos don't do me justice. W00T!
I get that too. I HATE taking pictures!! While I have a profile pic up, I finally got 1 pic out of about 20 that looked decent enough to post.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:40 PM

483 posts, read 555,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
We all know you dont like American women, no need to flog that poor dead horse any more.
Point taken. I should quantify that as MOST western women.

Old 07-16-2010, 02:51 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
Yes some do but it is surprising how many don't, people like to think they have gotten a good deal and well convince themselves they have. So once you have sold all to purchase that single pearl of great worth, you are less likely to admit it was only so so.

Online Dating is Sales. You need to find a Customer that wants what you are offering. Too much hyperbole might cost closing the sale, too little will prevent any interest at all. Same with Job interviews. "Why should you pick me over the other applicants? Because I am worth it!"
That's not how I look at it. To me it is: that's who I am! If you like me, fine; if you don't, fine again. Those who don't like me for who I am I don't need anyway. Now I only need to worry whether I like YOU! That's how it would work in the scenario of men contacting me. I'd rather do my own picking, though.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:27 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
My photos don't do any justice either. None of them imply I should be executed.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:45 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
...Now I only need to worry whether I like YOU!
What? You think you have any say in the matter? Everyone likes me. That is a given.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:54 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
What? You think you have any say in the matter? Everyone likes me. That is a given.
It was a general "you." It's not my fault English has so many redundant words and lacks so many necessary ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships