Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB4 View Post
No, those people that rescue animals from all the ones that create the exotic animal trade are a different story. With all the boas that have been turned loose causing trouble (Florida) and other misguided introductions of non-native species, that is where I find fault. Most people are not trained animal keepers. Most get into it for reasons that are just self serving.

Tattoos are permanent you can not turn back the clock to where your skin was unchanged. That is disfigurement as much as tying boards to childrens foreheads or feet, or wearing neck rings to create a stretched neck effect. If tattoos could be washed off they would be just ornamentation.

WOW ~~ ~~ what century do you live in? It's art and an enhancement. An expression of one's soul, an individualality of freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,204,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
WOW ~~ ~~ what century do you live in? It's art and an enhancement. An expression of one's soul, an individualality of freedom.
It is also Off Topic. So I will not continue with more than I previously stated.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:08 PM

8,534 posts, read 7,403,510 times
Hey ~~ you brought it up!! So, I guess you were a lil OT, eh? LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
Hey ~~ you brought it up!! So, I guess you were a lil OT, eh? LOL
Why yes, I was.

I just commented to TD that I agreed with his post considering the pictures posted. This was because I could not add more to his reputation for the contents of his post. I did toss in some other Off Topic stuff. (I have a bad habit of that ). So no, I did not bring the subject up about tattoos. Though I added to the snake issue. I hate snakes...
Indiana Jones

Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
Why yes, I was.

I just commented to TD that I agreed with his post considering the pictures posted. This was because I could not add more to his reputation for the contents of his post. I did toss in some other Off Topic stuff. (I have a bad habit of that ). So no, I did not bring the subject up about tattoos. Though I added to the snake issue. I hate snakes...
Indiana Jones
Well, both my tattoos and my wonderful snakes are glad... Clearly nobody in my household would get along with you! Have you ever really interacted with snakes, or do you just believe everything the media tells you?

Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 PM

And yes, I realize it was an Indiana Jones quote... but it seems you agree with him.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I can't rate you again but I am in full agreement. I frankly find the women pictured with the tattoos to be very unattractive because of them. Permanent disfigurement to the body in order to be unique just does not impress me. However like everything else people do, if it does not impinge on me, I care not what it is. Though I can find it amusing at times.

The first gal that mentioned having a tattoo would bother me not because of the tattoo, but because she was into snakes. I find the type of person into exotic/vicious/wild animals to be disturbing. Quite frequently it indicates behavior I would not consider mature.
Okay, now that I've read this post I'm really annoyed... Clearly you are speaking with sheer ignorance, because there are no "vicious" snakes, and only venomous species are actually a threat to humans. I keep ball pythons, Australian pythons and corn snakes, who are tamer and less dangerous than my cats. They sell these species at Petco, for crying out loud! It's fine to have opinions on other people's hobbies, but to judge something you know NOTHING about is just plain silly.

But I do know how people view us herpetoculturists, which is one reason I mentioned it in my original post - I often find it a good way to see how uninformed and judmental people are, which are two qualities I find undesirable. See, I only judge a man's attitude and personality, not just their exterior and/or unusual hobbies.

P.S. Go look at my profile picture, and you'll see just how "dangerous" my babies are.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-21-2010 at 07:26 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 07:56 PM

Pet python kills baby: Should parents be criminally charged? | Momania: A Blog for Busy Moms

BTW. I will reiterate that I could care less about your tattoos. Your choice. As for vicious snakes I guess you never dealt with a Water Moccasin or even a King snake. One is poisonous but both are just plain vicious. Living in an area that has lots of snakes I am very familiar with them. If they stay out of my way I do not seek them out. I will kill them without hesitation if they get too close to my house (Copper heads, Rattle snakes and Cottonmouth) I do leave the non poisonous snakes alone since they help control rodents and even the other snakes. I have lived with Wilderness all my life and look with disdain on City folks that think they understand wild animals.

Last edited by MattB4; 07-21-2010 at 08:15 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 09:31 PM

First of all, that baby incident was a matter of owner stupidity, and it was a Burmese Python... And judging by how often I see that story used against the herp community, that tells me it was a very unusual incident. Can you find me a story on ball pythons and corns who have killed people? And of course there are some dangerous snakes, as I already mentioned earlier - but they are the minority, and my actual point was that you can't lump all snake owners together. I do not keep dangerous species, and yet people like you would still write me off as crazy or immature. See my point?

And to get back on topic, my overall goal is to show you how snap judgments are often wrong - and blind you from getting to know the real person inside. I'm actually a decent catch, but you'd never know because of your mental blocks against my "dating resume." Luckily not all men are like that, as evidenced by those I have dated... only a few of which have had tattoos and/or snakes, as I couldn't care less if you DON'T have those things. The difference between tattooed people and non-tattooed people is that we don't care if you have them or not - same goes for snakes, apparently.

P.S. Right after I posted the earlier comments, I thought "betcha he's going to bring up that baby & Burmese incident!" It's become very cliche in the herp world, like saying pot is a gateway drug.

Last edited by gizmo980; 07-21-2010 at 09:40 PM..

Old 07-21-2010, 09:42 PM

P.P.S. The guy I was recently seeing actually has a king snake (first snake owner I've dated, FYI), and she is a real sweetie... so you can't even pre-judge a snake, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships